Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old December 20th, 2015, 05:26 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Genisys of an Idea

Genisys felt very "generic action movie" to me. Wasn't awful but it didn't really feel like anything I hadn't seen before elsewhere.

~Dysole, who's watched enough Doctor Who to not worry about the fact that their timeline is all sorts of messed up
Old December 20th, 2015, 09:18 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

Just saw The Force Awakens...

All I gotta say is, I can't wait till 2017.
Old December 20th, 2015, 09:25 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I just saw the new Star Wars too. Very disappointed with the villains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 20th, 2015, 09:58 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old December 21st, 2015, 01:30 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Saw the new Star Wars movie last night, it was certainly a Star Wars movie (with all the negatives that implies). It was spectacularly pointless if you've already seen the original.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old December 21st, 2015, 08:03 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

SG-1,

Glad you said that. I'm going to wait until I can see it for free. They did do a funny riff on going to see it on The Big Bang Theory last episode.

I remember that after the first movie or so, Harrison Ford was asked if he was going to reprise his role and said: "There's really no place to go with that character." (Maybe that was just a salary negotiating tactic). He was in a very funny skit with J.J. Abrams on a recent Late Show With Steven Colbert.
Old December 21st, 2015, 10:32 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

TFA

~Aldin, suspecting that people are finding what they're looking for in the new movie - good or bad

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 22nd, 2015, 11:18 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Saw the new Star Wars movie last night, it was certainly a Star Wars movie (with all the negatives that implies). It was spectacularly pointless if you've already seen the original.
There is something to be said about being able to retell a story well, and if every story that had the same plot as some other story, then we'd run out of ideas pretty fast.

Spoiler Alert!
Old December 22nd, 2015, 11:45 AM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
~Aldin, suspecting that people are finding what they're looking for in the new movie - good or bad
That's a strange suspicion. Why would people look for bad?

Quote:
Old December 22nd, 2015, 11:54 AM

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
That's a strange suspicion. Why would people look for bad?
Fear of disappointment. Pre-existing belief that the movie couldn't possibly live up to their expectations. Dislike for the JJ Abrams way of doing things. A desire to deconstruct in an attempt to look smart on social media. Looking for the EU. Others, I'm sure, but those were the ones that immediately occurred to me.

~Aldin, lens flaringly

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 22nd, 2015, 11:58 AM

None of those make sense to me. I have limited time and money. Seems quite silly to spend that in search of bad when I could spend it in search of good.

Quote:
Old December 22nd, 2015, 12:23 PM

I'm not sure where you're going with this, quozl. Are you saying that no one went to see the movie harboring a fear that it wouldn't live up to their expectations? That no one who dislikes some of JJ Abrams directorial quirks saw it? That there weren't people who watched it looking for flaws to point out on reddit?

Or are you making this specifically about your experience? What did you go expecting to see? I'm guessing something like "a good, but flawed movie". And I'm guessing you came out thinking it was a good, but flawed movie. But I'm very willing to be wrong here. You might have gone in thinking it would be perfect and were deeply disappointed that the villains weren't. In which case, I acknowledge that your experience stands in opposition to what I suspect to be generally true about this one.

~Aldin, who expected to see a fun movie trying to connect with multiple generations of old and new fans and saw exactly that

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies