Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Old January 31st, 2016, 11:58 PM

igelkott is surprisingly tart
Re: Heroscape & Arena of the Planeswalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
If you are familiar with C3G's event heroes the planeswalker are not all that weird. It is actually worth looking into that rule set when converting the planeswalkers over.
I wasn't familiar with the C3G stuff and it took a little bit of reading to figure out what you were referring to but I got it. Event Heroes are very powerful comic book characters and like planeswalkers, they aren't Unique and they aren't Heroes so aren't affected by many abilities that target those.

I'm new to this whole game system so trying to understand things. I really like the idea of combining games (including HOSS) and I'm actually looking at adapting Mars Attacks figures to Heroscape as well. Somebody asked about it in one of the other forums but I didn't see that anyone had done any of the work yet.

Thanks for any help and understanding!
Old February 3rd, 2016, 02:15 PM

I've been reading more about individual units and thought I'd bring up some synergies that I've found. Feel free to comment about any these.....

1) Liliana has Zombie Toughness which provides a benefit for all nearby controlled zombies. Restless Zombies has the keyword zombies on the card so those are ok. The HS Zombies of Morindan do not have the keyword Zombies but the word appears in the name. Should these count as being Zombies and also get the benefit?

2) HS Kyntela Gwyn (and others) have an ability that benefits adjacent Elves. AOTP Path Wardens and Elf Rangers have the Elf keyword so it looks like they should get the benefit also? Oddly enough, Nissa does not have the Elf keyword even though her picture shows her being an elf, so she would not get this benefit. Indeed, I don't think she even counts when using the Elvish Blade Finesse spell.

3) Rhox Veterans, Kor Hookmasters, and Kor Aeronaut Captain have the keyword Soldier. So it looks like HS figures like Marcus Decimus Gallus that have a Soldier synergy will benefit them also.
Old February 3rd, 2016, 06:00 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by igelkott View Post
I've been reading more about individual units and thought I'd bring up some synergies that I've found. Feel free to comment about any these.....

1) Liliana has Zombie Toughness which provides a benefit for all nearby controlled zombies. Restless Zombies has the keyword zombies on the card so those are ok. The HS Zombies of Morindan do not have the keyword Zombies but the word appears in the name. Should these count as being Zombies and also get the benefit?

2) HS Kyntela Gwyn (and others) have an ability that benefits adjacent Elves. AOTP Path Wardens and Elf Rangers have the Elf keyword so it looks like they should get the benefit also? Oddly enough, Nissa does not have the Elf keyword even though her picture shows her being an elf, so she would not get this benefit. Indeed, I don't think she even counts when using the Elvish Blade Finesse spell.

3) Rhox Veterans, Kor Hookmasters, and Kor Aeronaut Captain have the keyword Soldier. So it looks like HS figures like Marcus Decimus Gallus that have a Soldier synergy will benefit them also.
1) No.
2) Yes.
3) Yes.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 25th, 2016, 06:53 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

This thread seemed like another good place to post my Battle Video documenting compatibility between Heroscape and Arena of the Planeswalkers. I'll admit I was skeptical, but @Tiranx insisted on a test run on how they work together. It surprised us how well they seem to fit into Heroscape. Naturally not everything fits, but if modded slightly...this could definitely be used as an expansion to Heroscape. Watch my video and see what you think.

Arena of the Planeswalkers Meets Heroscape
Spoiler Alert!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 25th, 2016, 12:33 PM

The videos looked really good. Thank you for doing this. I'm hoping to get some games in at our next game day.

BTW, you should get 2 separate dice rolling boxes.... sharing one like that would drive me crazy!
Old February 25th, 2016, 01:19 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Cool vids, Adoney! I don't think you can summon onto a glyph, btw. Also, when the planeswalker dies, it's over, right? Her creatures don't get to keep fighting.

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations

Last edited by The B.I.V.; February 25th, 2016 at 01:40 PM. Reason: cuz!
Old February 25th, 2016, 01:30 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

True enough. You can only summon to an empty space and spaces with glyphs are not considered empty.
Old February 25th, 2016, 04:03 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
Also, when the planeswalker dies, it's over, right? Her creatures don't get to keep fighting.
That is not a universal rule to the game. It is a scenario condition.

--
--
--

--
Old February 25th, 2016, 04:25 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Appreciate the feedback...we weren't sure about that summoning rule we're pretty new to AotP...forgive our oversights

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 15th, 2016, 11:05 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

@adoney and I just played another AotP Vs. Heroscape game. This time however I mixed units from the two games and did not play with a planeswalker.

Tiranx's Army

Eldrazie Raider 150 pts
Eldrazie Scions 55 points
Brunak 110 Points
Iron Golem 100 points
Isamu 10 points
Kelda 80 ponts
Total of 495

Vs.

Adoney's army

Pelloth 100 points
Deepwurm Drown 70 points X2
Shurrak 160 points
Wyvern 100 points
Total of 500 points

I tried to break the Eldrazie Raider by using his ability to devour scions for boosted stats and sacrificing life to bring them back and then using Kelda to heal that lost life. I found order marker management really difficult with the build and ended up overextending the raider who died to Shurrak.

We had some pretty epic moments in the game where the raider and Shurrak were both at one life with an initiative roll pending. If the raider won he would automatically put a wound on Shurrak winning the contest between them, but alas I lost initiative and Shurrak killed my raider. We actually filmed the game and @adoney will probably end up linking it here again.

I feel that the units can be played in 'scape without planeswalkers just fine. In fact, I think I actually like playing without the planeswalkers more than playing with the planeswalkers.

Last edited by Tiranx; April 15th, 2016 at 11:26 AM.
Old April 15th, 2016, 01:50 PM

Interesting. The Eldrazi Ruined is the unit that looks to me like it would be broken in regular Scape at 150 points without having to buy a planeswalker.

Using him with Kelda is not the combo I would be worried about though.

--
--
--

--
Old April 15th, 2016, 02:23 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

With a low defense of three, his survivability is really low. Strong range units in heroscape will destroy him, especially the protectors. Realin may be a good option, but he will auto wound your own units if they are adjacent to him. Running him with Realinn will be my next play test.

I honestly thought he would be extremely over powered, but was surprised how well Heroscape units handled him. They were definately not A+ units that Adoney used either.

Last edited by Tiranx; April 15th, 2016 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Parallelism correction

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender