Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Old August 23rd, 2019, 07:14 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Speaking For The Trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
I got my armies in last night! Pretty curious to see what other people were thinking: really wondering what armies with the Wildwoods will look like.
I won't be playing in this event, but when I was considering it and brainstorming armies the Monarch, 2x Sentinels, 2x Runners, and Marro Warriors seemed like an almost broken combo that I probably would have submitted. (Even though Bring 2 discourages straight broken combos, I'd be focusing more on testing the units than winning myself anyway.)
I'd feel real leery having only 2 runners in my army.

~Dysole, punching in options
Really? I was thinking that 2 is the sweet spot -- 1 doesn't give you security but 3 is taking up too many points and Marro Warriors would better cover any weaknesses, as well as help stall mid-game if things go south and you need a round to bulk up the li'l guys. Of course you'd also have to go pretty try hard and keep them close to or in your start zone, but you'd do that with 3 anyway. Of course, I've only played the WW faction twice, but I think both were with 2 Runners and I felt comfortable even without going full try hard. That said, I believe you've got more experience with them than I do and I definitely consider you a better player.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old August 23rd, 2019, 08:44 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Branching Out

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
I got my armies in last night! Pretty curious to see what other people were thinking: really wondering what armies with the Wildwoods will look like.
I won't be playing in this event, but when I was considering it and brainstorming armies the Monarch, 2x Sentinels, 2x Runners, and Marro Warriors seemed like an almost broken combo that I probably would have submitted. (Even though Bring 2 discourages straight broken combos, I'd be focusing more on testing the units than winning myself anyway.)
I'd feel real leery having only 2 runners in my army.

~Dysole, punching in options
Really? I was thinking that 2 is the sweet spot -- 1 doesn't give you security but 3 is taking up too many points and Marro Warriors would better cover any weaknesses, as well as help stall mid-game if things go south and you need a round to bulk up the li'l guys. Of course you'd also have to go pretty try hard and keep them close to or in your start zone, but you'd do that with 3 anyway. Of course, I've only played the WW faction twice, but I think both were with 2 Runners and I felt comfortable even without going full try hard. That said, I believe you've got more experience with them than I do and I definitely consider you a better player.
MW are incredibly good. Don't get me wrong. It's not a bad army. It's just that when you're playing WW the winner is often going to be determined by how quickly and how long the runners die and stay dead. You won't out attrition them. Having an extra runner gives a security to allow your trees to keep regrowing.

~Dysole, marching to Isengard
Old August 24th, 2019, 10:16 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: 2019 C3V Playtest Tournament (Signups until 8/25)

Anybody who might be lurking or on the fence, go ahead and sign up!. The commitment is 1 game every 2 weeks so pretty light.

I'll be closing sign ups tomorrow evening to roll out Round 1 Monday morning.
Old August 25th, 2019, 09:39 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: 2019 C3V Playtest Tournament (Signups until 8/25)

Looking for one more entrant to give us an even number. Thanks!
Old August 26th, 2019, 08:56 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

Re: 2019 C3V Playtest Tournament (Round 1 until 9/8)

If there is anyone who wants to signup late today, please send me a PM and I can work you in no problem. Good luck to everyone and don't forget once your game is complete to PM me or post in the thread here the results using the format in the OP as a guideline for information to include in your write up. Thanks to everyone participating!

Round 1 is on Wyrmwalk (Treasure Glyph x4)

The Taeblewalker v. Toogwick_Tuk pool of armies is:
* : Marro Drudge x3, Othkurik, Re-Tak-Shi, Iskra Esenwein, Rechets of Bogdan
* : Mohican River Tribe x3, Makwa Bowhunter x3, Brave Arrow, Raelin (SotM), Marcu Esenwein
* : Kurrok the Elementalist, Re-Tak-Shi, Water Elementals x9
* : Mohican River Tribe x3, Teeth of the Makwa x2, Makwa Bowhunter x3, Brave Arrow
Toogwick_Tuk chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Taeblewalker chooses who places first.

The AgentWard v. Kinseth pool of armies is:
* : 12th Caucasus Rifles x2, Roman Legion x3, Marcus Gallus, Me-Burq-Sa, Patrick Ferguson, Isamu
* : Venoc Warlord, Venoc Vipers x5, Clawfoot Interceptor x3
* All your Hatred belongs to us: Acolytes of Vorganund x5, Skull Demon x3
* Are we in New Jersey yet?: Wildwood Monarch, Wildwood Sentinel x1, Wildwood Runner x5
Kinseth chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, AgentWard chooses who places first.

The vegietarian18 v. flameslayer93 pool of armies is:
* : Beakface Sneaks x4, Quorik Warwitch, Clawfoot Interceptor x2, Eltahale
* : Acolytes of Vorganund x4, Corvor the Tainted One, Krav Maga Agents
* The Rebellious Order Marker: Capuan Gladiatros x2, 53rd North Carolina Sharpshooters x3, Priscus, Capt Nathaniel Blount
* Red Dwarf: 12th Caucasus Rifles x2, Shieldsmiths x3, Concan, Air Elemental
flameslayer93 chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, vegietarian18 chooses who places first.

The Sir Heroscape v. Zetsubo pool of armies is:
* Berserk Birdmen: Beakface Sneaks x5, Clawfoot Interceptor x2, Quorik Warwitch, Rygarn, Marcu Esenwein
* Blood and Tears: Acolytes of Vorganund x5, Morgoloth, Skull Demon
* Tree People: Wildwood Monarch, Wildwood Sentinel x2, Wildwood Runner x3, Bol
* Snipers and Vipers: Venoc Vipers x3, 53rd North Carolina Sharpshooters x3, Venoc Warlord, Capt. Nathaniel Blount
Sir Heroscape chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Zetsubo chooses who places first.

The Flash_19 v. Dysole pool of armies is:
* : 12th Caucasus Rifles x3, Roman Legion x3, Marcus Gallus, Siiv
* : Acolytes of Vorganund x4, Corvor the Tainted One, Van Nessing
* If at Firs, You Don't Sucseed...: Wildwood Monarch, Wildwood Sentinel x2, Wildwood Runner x3, Isamu
* ...Tribe, Tribe Again.: Mohican River Tribe x3, Teeth of the Makwa x2, Makwa Bowhunter x3, Brave Arrow
Flash_19 chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Dysole chooses who places first.

The Maklar the Silver Prince v. Leaf_It pool of armies is:
* : Teeth of Makwa x5, Makwa Bowhunter x5
* : deathreavers x2, 12th Caucasus Rifles x4, Augamo
* Wild Would: Wildwood Monarch, Wildwood Sentinel x2, Wildwood Runner x3
* Birdothers From Another Mother: Beakface Sneaks x7, Quorik Warwitch, Clawfoot Interceptors x3
Maklar the Silver Prince chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Leaf_It chooses who places first.

The All Your Pie v. kevindola pool of armies is:
* Wet Dry World: Kurrok the Elementalist, Re-Tak-Shi, Fire Elemental x5, Water Elemental x3
* Blue-Green Midrange: Wildwood Monarch, Wildwood Sentinel x2, Wildwood Runner x2, Zetacron
* One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest: Roman Legion x3, Venoc Warlord, Ne-Gok-Sa, Me-Burq-Sa, Clawfoot Interceptor, Bol
* Acolytic Converter: Acolytes of Vorganund x3, 12th Caucasus Rifles x3, Morgoloth
All Your Pie chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, kevindola chooses who places first.

The Heroscaper Guy v. superfrog pool of armies is:
* hey demons, it's me ya boi: Acolytes of Vorganund x4, Corvor the Tainted One, Skull demon, Siiv
* grey and black 2.0: Capt Nathaniel Blount, Calibrax the Kyrie Warrior, 53rd north carolina sharpshooters x5
* Goliath's Goblin Grenades: 12th Caucasus x4, Goblin Cutters x3, Eltahale
* Swamp Two Ways: Marro Drudge x3, Durgeth Ravagers x2, Re-Tak-Shi, Uzog
Heroscaper Guy chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, superfrog chooses who places first.

The Chris Perkins v. dok pool of armies is:
* Are the Drudge Playable Now? : Marro Drudge x5, Re-Tak-Shi, Tul-Bak-Ra, Isamu
* D20 > Defense Dice ?: Mohican River Tribe x4, Makwa Bowhunter x5, Brave Arrow, Marcu Esenwein
* Dances with Gryphillins: Mohican River Tribe x4, Makwa Bowhunter x1, Brave Arrow, Capt. Nathaniel Blount, Theracus, Bol
* Out of Bounds!: Acolytes of Vorganund x3, Skull Demon x2, Corvor the Tainted One, Drow Chainfighter x1
dok chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Chris Perkins chooses who places first.

Last edited by kevindola; August 26th, 2019 at 03:43 PM.
Old August 26th, 2019, 10:57 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Got our 18th sign-up. Stay tuned.
Old August 26th, 2019, 01:26 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

@kevindola How does the Giant Hunter Stone/Teleportation Bracers work here? Do you get to choose which one you receive when you proc that glyph?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 26th, 2019, 01:33 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
@kevindola How does the Giant Hunter Stone/Teleportation Bracers work here? Do you get to choose which one you receive when you proc that glyph?
Yes. If you succeed your trap roll and then roll a 16-20. You may choose which of those two treasure glyphs you get. Any subsequent rolls of 16-20 are re-rolls for a different treasure.
Old August 26th, 2019, 04:16 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post

Round 1 is on Wyrmwalk (Treasure Glyph x4)

The Heroscaper Guy v. superfrog pool of armies is:
* hey demons, it's me ya boi: Acolytes of Vorganund x4, Corvor the Tainted One, Skull demon, Siiv
* grey and black 2.0: Capt Nathaniel Blount, Calibrax the Kyrie Warrior, 53rd north carolina sharpshooters x5
* Goliath's Goblin Grenades: 12th Caucasus x4, Goblin Cutters x3, Eltahale
* Swamp Two Ways: Marro Drudge x3, Durgeth Ravagers x2, Re-Tak-Shi, Uzog
Heroscaper Guy chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, superfrog chooses who places first.
Superfrog and I should be playing at 4 his time, 6 central time tonight. I picked my demons, he picked the Russians.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old August 26th, 2019, 07:01 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Hey everybody, just wanted to clear up an obscure rule that has the potential to come up in several of the armies in this round:

A figure can only pick up a treasure glyph on its turn (after moving and before attacking).

That means that if you drop a hero onto a t-glyph with an Interceptor, it can't pick it up. If you use Flocking to move the Quorik Warwitch onto a t-glyph, it can't pick it up. If you summon a Demon onto a t-glyph, it can't pick it up. If a Wildwood Sentinel regens into the Wildwood Monarch, the Sentinel drops its t-glyph (because it is destroyed), and the Monarch cannot pick it up.

A figure that starts its turn on a t-glyph may pick it up (or roll for it), but that's only after moving. No grabbing and then moving unless you're Arthur of Sherwood.
Old August 26th, 2019, 08:55 PM
This is merely a joke.

Heroscaper Guy got the win with his Acolytes over my Russians/Cutters/Eltahale build.

I started out really well, clearing his entire advance force of Acolytes, but I ran out of firepower. Eltahale was useless, rolling 2 skulls in her 2 OMs. That left me unable to develop the rest of my 12th Rifles and without enough attack dice to get through Corvor.

The demon army won with a 5-life Corvor, 2 Acolytes, and Siiv all remaining.
Old August 26th, 2019, 09:22 PM
This is merely a joke.

This is me triple-posting:

Once you've decided when you're playing, please post in this thread! I and the rest of the Playtesting team would love to watch as many games as possible in this tournament so we can get a more firsthand experience.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting