Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 1st, 2020, 11:17 PM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
A king of the Quatsatch is a fun idea. I like the stats overall.

The powers have a bunch of problems, though. Threat Display simply does not work. First, I'm not entirely sure what the power does in game terms. Does it mean that figures within the aura cannot attack other figures? Imagine King Yowie behind a row of Deathreavers. A melee army would be unable to fight. If the power intends that figures within the aura must target Yowie is Yowie is a potential target, that works better, but it still has major problems. Most notably, he becomes a Raelin protector, which is all sorts of troublesome. The game also breaks if Yowie is near Tandros. And then things get even worse with special attacks, since the definition of "attacks" is really vague.

The marker mechanic is also problematic. It has good theme, but it does not work within the games rules with Commons. Technically, each Common in your army has its own card. You could put the Fear marker on one Common card, then place destroyed figures on that card to remove that card from play. You could also, technically, put Fear markers on one Common and your order markers on another, and never suffer fear.

I think you need to take the concepts and put them into a form more friendly to the game. I think the fear concept could be replaced with an anger one, which is simpler, ties back to the Quasatch, and isn't thematically weird against Fearless and Mindless units. Threat Display could be more active to limit its potentially amazing value, and to bring out its theme of chest-pounding.

My suggestions (with perhaps Attack 5):
Quote:
Threat Display
When revealing a numbered Order Marker on King Yowie's Army Card, you may also reveal an "X" Order Marker that is on King Yowie's Army Card. If you do, for the remainder of the round, opponents' figures within 4 clear sight spaces roll one fewer attack dice when attacking a figure you control other than King Yowie with a normal attack.

Anger
When King Yowie receives one or more wounds, add one Anger marker to this Army Card, to a maximum of 3. After attacking with King Yowie, you may remove an Anger marker from this Army Card to attack again with King Yowie.
I've toyed with him to make him more in line with your suggestions. Here's the revision, and I'd be curious to hear your thoughts.

A couple things I changed:
Revising Threat Display so heavily means that a life of 6 is probably overkill. I bumped his life down to 5 and might playtest him that way if everything here looks okay.

Since his life is currently 5, I've removed the maximum of 3 rider. It isn't super likely that he'll end up with four wounds in a round, and that seems like a reasonable tradeoff for a drop in his stats and a reduction of his targeting power. I guess this does open him up to be more easily abused by healer types, but that doesn't seem like it could be game breaking?
Old April 1st, 2020, 11:39 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarant View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
A king of the Quatsatch is a fun idea. I like the stats overall.

The powers have a bunch of problems, though. Threat Display simply does not work. First, I'm not entirely sure what the power does in game terms. Does it mean that figures within the aura cannot attack other figures? Imagine King Yowie behind a row of Deathreavers. A melee army would be unable to fight. If the power intends that figures within the aura must target Yowie is Yowie is a potential target, that works better, but it still has major problems. Most notably, he becomes a Raelin protector, which is all sorts of troublesome. The game also breaks if Yowie is near Tandros. And then things get even worse with special attacks, since the definition of "attacks" is really vague.

The marker mechanic is also problematic. It has good theme, but it does not work within the games rules with Commons. Technically, each Common in your army has its own card. You could put the Fear marker on one Common card, then place destroyed figures on that card to remove that card from play. You could also, technically, put Fear markers on one Common and your order markers on another, and never suffer fear.

I think you need to take the concepts and put them into a form more friendly to the game. I think the fear concept could be replaced with an anger one, which is simpler, ties back to the Quasatch, and isn't thematically weird against Fearless and Mindless units. Threat Display could be more active to limit its potentially amazing value, and to bring out its theme of chest-pounding.

My suggestions (with perhaps Attack 5):
Quote:
Threat Display
When revealing a numbered Order Marker on King Yowie's Army Card, you may also reveal an "X" Order Marker that is on King Yowie's Army Card. If you do, for the remainder of the round, opponents' figures within 4 clear sight spaces roll one fewer attack dice when attacking a figure you control other than King Yowie with a normal attack.

Anger
When King Yowie receives one or more wounds, add one Anger marker to this Army Card, to a maximum of 3. After attacking with King Yowie, you may remove an Anger marker from this Army Card to attack again with King Yowie.
I've toyed with him to make him more in line with your suggestions. Here's the revision, and I'd be curious to hear your thoughts.

A couple things I changed:
Revising Threat Display so heavily means that a life of 6 is probably overkill. I bumped his life down to 5 and might playtest him that way if everything here looks okay.

Since his life is currently 5, I've removed the maximum of 3 rider. It isn't super likely that he'll end up with four wounds in a round, and that seems like a reasonable tradeoff for a drop in his stats and a reduction of his targeting power. I guess this does open him up to be more easily abused by healer types, but that doesn't seem like it could be game breaking?
I like this direction. I suspect 5 Life won't be enough; that's not a lot behind 3 Defense, especially since he encourages others to attack him. Testing will bear that out, though.
Old April 2nd, 2020, 01:16 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

King Yowie and Raelin together seems a little game breaking. The way Threat Display is currently is effectively an inverse Raelin.

I'd say cut out Threat Display and let Anger and the stats do the talking. Anger is a very cool, simple and effective power.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old April 11th, 2020, 10:05 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Been through a few iterations...this is where I've landed for now. Would appreciate some feedback. Not 100% sold on the current direction...so looking for either some confirmation or hesitation to help give me an idea for either moving forward or stepping back to design.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 12th, 2020, 02:15 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

In anticipation of Clay's official failure - here's a modified statline. I brought his cost down 5 points because of the lowered Defense, even though I upped his Range. I felt Defense is "worth more" than the range. His cost could go to 90 even IMO, but to be careful I only went down 5.

Old April 12th, 2020, 09:37 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Been through a few iterations...this is where I've landed for now. Would appreciate some feedback. Not 100% sold on the current direction...so looking for either some confirmation or hesitation to help give me an idea for either moving forward or stepping back to design.
I think "may only attack" may need to be "may not move" (see Clayton below, incidentally). Does Scout Ahead trigger after the free attack as well? Because it's technically a turn, and then that's a lot of free movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
In anticipation of Clay's official failure - here's a modified statline. I brought his cost down 5 points because of the lowered Defense, even though I upped his Range. I felt Defense is "worth more" than the range. His cost could go to 90 even IMO, but to be careful I only went down 5.

Well, see my response in the SoV thread.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 12th, 2020, 02:28 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I think "may only attack" may need to be "may not move" (see Clayton below, incidentally). Does Scout Ahead trigger after the free attack as well? Because it's technically a turn, and then that's a lot of free movement.
It definitely does, which is my main concern around this approach.

I imagine you already considered Raptorian Bonding + Evasive as the only two powers on the card? Leave the movement stuff to the Sneaks's Flocking.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 12th, 2020, 02:29 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:

You could probably get away with 6 life. The cowboys already have variance in the life number, so I would prefer some of the variance to stay there. Something like 6/5/7/3/2 or 6/5/7/2/3 rather than 5/5/7/3/3.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 12th, 2020, 06:05 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Scytale, does this break it for you?
Old April 12th, 2020, 06:24 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Scytale, does this break it for you?
I'm definitely for the stats. I would have to run a bunch of tests to see how the adjusted Life/Defense affects gameplay. The higher Defense did make him a lesser target despite his central value to the army. But the extra Life still does that to a lesser extent, and the added Range allows him to hang back a bit, which also helps a little with the relay strategy.
Old April 12th, 2020, 06:28 PM

Fair. LEt's see if I can get him back in.
Old April 12th, 2020, 06:30 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Weird that 6 Life is OK for a Human but 3 Defense is illegal for a Lawman.
Are there any other hard caps for any other Race, Class, Personality etc.?
It may make it easier for people to design if they know what all the automatic Nays are.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards