Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 31st, 2017, 04:59 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
For me, he, as Ixe puts it 'sells (the Einar Goblin) with the bio' - I think it's really cool. Also - Rogue doesn't fit Einar? You just had a conversation about the Beakface Sneaks.
Rogue isn't a great fit for Einar, but Einar does branch out from time to time so it's not a strong argument. My point is that both the species and class are unusual picks for Einar. Either one is a bit of a stretch, both together is a much bigger stretch.

I don't know if that's enough to dissuade me, however. But it may end up being a sticking point for others in the Inner Sanctum.
Old May 31st, 2017, 05:25 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
The Beakface Archer is interesting. I agree that the little common hero would need some reason to take Order Markers in a sneak army and I think extra movement and attack is the right idea for that. Given that the archer is ranged, I think regular flocking would be worth testing on it since it's not hard to attack anyway with that threat range.

Even with all that, I'm not sure about their value over just having more sneaks. Improved flocking would make them helpful for getting the army set up but it doesn't look like they'll last long against ranged (where the sneaks thrive) or really help the sneaks' weakness against melee. I'm just not sure about them given that they are effectively twice the cost of the sneaks. I could be misreading them since I have similarly underestimated the sneaks.
I'm really liking Improved Flocking so for now I'll stick with that...but I think I could give them an Evasive 1 (or 2) ability in order to help their chances of fighting back against range. I didn't want to originally because that would have been 4 special powers...but adding it would bring it to 3 now that Improved Flocking is kind of a combination of my two original special abilities. Would adding an Evasive 1 (or 2) ability help them fill their points and give you a reason to draft them? To be honest...as they are (stats-wise) I was wanting to make them a 20pt common hero originally...but is that pushing it too far? Or do you think its better to keep the points but give the Evasive ability?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 31st, 2017, 05:35 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I feel like Evasive will make them more interesting, personally - always good to see something that's good against range.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 31st, 2017, 06:01 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
For me, he, as Ixe puts it 'sells (the Einar Goblin) with the bio' - I think it's really cool. Also - Rogue doesn't fit Einar? You just had a conversation about the Beakface Sneaks.
Rogue isn't a great fit for Einar, but Einar does branch out from time to time so it's not a strong argument. My point is that both the species and class are unusual picks for Einar. Either one is a bit of a stretch, both together is a much bigger stretch.

I don't know if that's enough to dissuade me, however. But it may end up being a sticking point for others in the Inner Sanctum.
Your concerns are valid. I did go through every class that classic 'scape had, and "Rogue" and "Cutter" were the only two that fit the character. Problem is, neither of those classes have been in Einar before (lucky for me, "Tricky" personality can be any general). Do you have a better recommendation?
Old May 31st, 2017, 06:03 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Your concerns are valid. I did go through every class that classic 'scape had, and "Rogue" and "Cutter" were the only two that fit the character. Problem is, neither of those classes have been in Einar before (lucky for me, "Tricky" personality can be any general). Do you have a better recommendation?
Rogue has been in Einar. The Beakface Sneaks are Rogues.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 31st, 2017, 06:11 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Rogue has been in Einar. The Beakface Sneaks are Rogues.
Ah, so they are! I didn't look at every SoV/C3V unit, so thank you for validating my choice (and now I understand your previous comment that much better). I would be fine considering another good option though
Old May 31st, 2017, 08:09 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Looking for some feedback here. The Beakface's only have a hero and melee common squad. I felt like adding some thematic range support would be a perfect fit. The archers work individually but also in tandem when attacking.

The figure model is "Kenku Bow"

= 500pts
How about working in some existing powers like COVER FIRE and WYRMLING (style) BONDING instead?

RAPTORIAN COVER FIRE
When attacking an opponent's figure, if this Beakface Archer inflicts one or more wounds, you may move one Raptorian you control that is within 8 clear sight spaces of this Beakface Archer up to 4 spaces.

ARCHER TEAM BONDING
After revealing an order marker on a Beakface Archer Army Card, before taking that Beakface Archer's turn, you may take a turn with one other Beakface common hero you control.

Keep GLIDE and drop to 25 points. I used "common Hero" on the bonding in case you wanted to expand to other Common Heroes. There is a Raptorian figure with a sword from the same set as the one with the bow.

This gives 2 opportunities to move/attack and therefore 2 chances for a different form of "Flocking" to move Raptorians.
Old May 31st, 2017, 08:16 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I like hippos version better. The first version feels too vanilla.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old May 31st, 2017, 09:14 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
I like hippos version better. The first version feels too vanilla.
Huh, curious. I think hippo's version feels more vanilla. It feels less Raptorian and more like other existing stuff. It also encourages heavier use of Archers than other Raptorians.

As for the class, Rogue is fine. Archer would work too.
Old June 1st, 2017, 12:13 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Quick question, exactly how available does a figure have to be, again? Honestly, that's the hardest part of these things.
Old June 1st, 2017, 12:36 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Quick question, exactly how available does a figure have to be, again? Honestly, that's the hardest part of these things.
There's no hard rule. One rule of thumb some go by is having enough copies for 75 people. For a cheap common hero that you want in multiples, that may mean having 300 copies available if people would get 4 each.

I suspect that number to be a bit high these days but I think it works if you want to be more conservative.
Old June 1st, 2017, 12:50 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Lord, 75. Okay, thank you.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards