Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old June 11th, 2014, 12:07 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: Online Season 13 - FINALS

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
It was really weird trying to match Heroscaper ID's to names and voices... congrats dok!
Congrats on reducing me down to one deathreaver before losing
Old June 11th, 2014, 12:09 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Quote:
It was really weird trying to match Heroscaper ID's to names and voices... congrats dok!
As I said, I couldn't really tell everybody apart....
Old June 11th, 2014, 12:13 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Quote:
As I said, I couldn't really tell everybody apart....
Hey at least you had sound, I had no idea what was going on. Curse all you fancy future magic talk people...

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old June 11th, 2014, 09:54 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

What an epic final dok and I played last night. Early it seemed like Shurrak power would overwhelm the shades team and make it an easy romp for me, but a pair of soul devours on Brunak and Krug swung the pendulum into a seemingly dominant dok position. Wannok and an epic Krug v. Ornak showdown slowly picked away at the life force of dok’s army until a solitary rat on Wannok gave me the victory.

For a more detailed look into the play by play action see below.
Here is how the board looked after Heat of Battle placement.

Round 1: dok auto-initiative
Shades kill Isamu (nowhere to vanish but to hot lava death) and 2 wounds to Marcu (2) as well as claiming Valda on the opening turn. Ornak activates Marcu and Shurrak who both get kills (2 Shades). A couple of shades surround Shurrak and put another wound on Marcu (3). Shurrak disengages (1) and tries to claim the treasure, but fails the trap. The trap hits on Shurrak (2) and kills the shade on Valda (#3). Shurrak does kill a shade though (#4). Shades fail their first devour (on Marcu), but hit him for his 4th wound. Shurrak gets the treasure this time (Heroic Rune) and plows down another shade (#5)

Casualty Report: 5 Shades vs. 4 Wounds on Marcu, 2 Wounds on Shurrak, Isamu

Round 2: kevindola initiative

Marcu fails my first attack of the game, but Shurrak’s sweeping sword claims two shades (#6, #7). Soul devour miss on Marcu, but Shurrak rolls 0/9 on defense and takes 3 wounds putting him at 1 life. Shurrak takes down another shade (#8 ), but another defensive whiff drops Shurrak from a shade attack. I lose a Shurrak OM and Marcu is killed on dok’s last turn.

Shurrak would go down very easily to the shades. He took 2 wounds from a disengage and trap fail, but otherwise it only took 6 attacks from the shades (with 2 attacks) to bring down his other 4 life. On the other side of the coin, he killed 6 shades by himself, and a 7th indirectly through the trap fail. At this point I only missed 1 attack.

Casualty Report: 3 Shades (8 total) vs. Shurrak, Marcu

Round 3: kevindola initiative

I deploy rats although they don’t do much except take Wannok. (I failed 2 heightened attacks down on Krug to try and charge him up) Shades move out and actually do a 2v7 wound to Brunak (to dok’s detriment later ) Shades fail an attack down on Super Wannok Rat. Bruank blood hungries away 1 Shade (#9). More shades as they fail a 2nd attack on SWR (Super Wannok Rat). Blood Hungry whiffs. Shades miss another couple of devours on Brunak (0/8 by my count). And the SWR survives the round.
Wannok: Dumutef Guard

Casualties: 1 Shade (9 total), Dumutef vs. 1 wound to Brunak
Quite the eventful round that was

Round 4: kevindola initiative

Continuing my string of initiative wins. But Brunak again gets nothing out of BH. SOUL DEVOUR! (1/10 on devour to make the probability gods happy) (Shade #10 dead to SD). Shades also kill a rat (#1). I lose an OM on Brunak, and the shades fail 3 attacks on SWR. Reavers roll 0/8 on attacks (including another 2 attempts to charge Krug) and the shades finally kill the Super Wannok Rat.

I’m still fairly confident at this point, since I still have a slew of deathreavers and Krug, but in the last two rounds all I’ve done is kill 2 Shades…. Brunak was a disappointment as he only killed 1 shade in 3 turns of Blood Hungry, but that’s not really all that bad and probably evens out Shurrak’s rampage. Hopefully Bruank can now be a disappointment for dok.

Casualties: 1 Shade (10 total) vs. Soul Devoured Brunak, 2 deathreavers

Round 6: kevindola initiative

Deathreavers kill the shade that was occupying Ulinavia (#11). Brunak, now fighting for the other side, Blood hungries a Rat (#3), but Ornak blocks 3 skulls. (Oh sure, NOW he can hit blood hungry) Rats claim Ulinavia and Isamu vanishes from a rat bite. Brunak heads northeast (missed disengage from Ornak) to claim the Heroic Rune Glyph underneath Shurrak’s corpse, then misses a BH on a rat. Krug wakes up and gets 2 attacks of 4 down on a shade on Valda (2+height+Ulinavia), but both are blocked. Krug Soul Devour fails (1/11), but they do give Ornak his first wound.

Casualty Report: 1 Shade (#11) vs. 1 deathreaver (#3), 1 wound to Ornak
Continuing my longstanding tradition of 1 shade per round kill….

Round 7: kevindola initiative

6 initiatives in a row for me. Krug does kill that Valda shade (#12) Shades fail 3 Devours on Ornak (1/14) and do no damage. Krug (now even ground with 3 attack) kills a shade (#13). Shades miss another pair of devours and do no damage. Krug’s two attack are blocked and Brunak misses BH.

Casualty Report: 2 Shades (#13) vs. no damage

Round 8: dok wins initiative

Dok finally gets an initiative, and wouldn’t you know it….SOUL DEVOUR….20….Krug has been possessed. (Shade #14)… (2/17 soul devour final numbers, by my count) I lose 2 Markers on Krug while Brunak finally kills that rat (#4) and then moves north toward Ulinavia. But the scatter from the regular attack does allow me to claim Wannok with my #3 on rats. They also kill the last shade who had taken Valda.

Wannok: Krug (1)

Prior to my #3 OM on rats, the matchups was now dok with full health Krug, Guilty McCreech, Isamu, 2 life Brunak, 1 Shade vs. 3 life Ornak and 8 rats. I would say things looked bleake for me…

Casualty Report: 2 Shades (all dead), 1 wound to Krug (1) vs. deathreaver (#4), Soul Devoured Krug

Round 9: kevindola wins initiative

The deathreavers actually get a ratbite wound on Brunak (big deal!) Bruank responds by killing the rat (#5) Rats kill Isamu, and Krug squashes a rat.

Wannok: Krug (2)

Casualty Report: 1 wound to Brunak (2), 1 wound to Krug (2), Isamu vs. 2 rats (#6)

Round 10: dok wins initiative

Guilty takes the unoccupied ulinavia but fails two attacks up at rats. Bruank/Krug each kill a rat (#7, #8 ) The rat swarm with height does kill Guilty though.

Wannok: Krug (3)

Casualty Report: Guilty McCreech, 1 wound to Krug (3), 2 Rats (8 total)

Round 11: dok wins initiative

Brunak blood hungries 2 rats (2 rats left). I claim Ulinvaia with rats and Krug moves up. With the last turn of the round, Ornak (with Ulinavia) hits Krug (5) for 2 wounds.

Wannok: Krug (6)

My goodness, is it getting tight.

Casualty Report: 3 wounds to Krug (6), 2 Rats (10 total)

Round 12: dok wins initiative

Krug blasts Ornak with 2 attacks of 8 (2/8 and 4/8 ). Ornak pulls 2/3 and 2/3 on shield to survive for another attack (3/4!), but Krug pulls 2/3 and lives with 1 life. Krug pounds him to dust, but none of dok’s figures can make it to the Wannok rat.

Wannok: kills Brunak

Casualty Report: 1 wound to Krug (7), Brunak vs. Ornak

Round 13: dok wins initiative

Dok really did not want this initiative as it allowed me to keep my rats away and claim Wannok on the last turn of the round. There was quite a bit of positioning and second guessing that led to this but in the end, Krug squashed a rat only to see the final deathreaver claim Wannok.

Wannok: Krug

Kevindola wins with 1 deathreaver.

What a game. Thanks so much for the battle dok.

Last edited by kevindola; June 11th, 2014 at 02:52 PM.
Old June 11th, 2014, 11:43 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Online Season 13 - CONGRATS KEVINDOLA

To be clear, it was a pretty bad blunder to not just have Krug sit on the glyph on OM2. If I had done that, i would need to survive two attacks of 2v3 from rats over the next two turns (44% chance) plus a third (and a 50% chance of a fourth after the next initiative) if you block my 9v5 attack (10% chance of that), plus I need to not roll a 1 on Wannok (95% chance). But basically, that mistake took my chances of winning from appx. 40% to 5%. That's about as bad a mistake as you can make in a game.

Of course, if I lose init, or if Ornak doesn't block all those attacks (both Krug and earlier), or if Brunak can roll defense against attacks of 1, or if Ornak doesn't put 3 wounds on Krug, then it doesn't matter, and my victory is somewhere between likely and overwhelmingly likely. But that had happened, so it is what it is. Losing the game is much less of a bummer than losing because of a mistake like that. (FWIW the only other mistake I made that doesn't feel like hindsight to me was a positional mistake that cost me one soul devour attempt, but that's cold comfort given the impact of the other mistake.)

Anyway, setting that aside, it was an awesome game, more than worthy of the final. Up there in the top 5 or 6 most exciting and interesting games of 'scape I've ever played.

Last edited by dok; June 11th, 2014 at 11:56 AM. Reason: 40%, not 42%. Lose init, not win
Old June 11th, 2014, 12:18 PM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
To be clear, it was a pretty bad blunder to not just have Krug sit on the glyph on OM2. If I had done that, i would need to survive two attacks of 2v3 from rats over the next two turns (44% chance) plus a third (and a 50% chance of a fourth after the next initiative) if you block my 9v5 attack (10% chance of that), plus I need to not roll a 1 on Wannok (95% chance). But basically, that mistake took my chances of winning from appx. 40% to 5%. That's about as bad a mistake as you can make in a game.

Of course, if I lose init, or if Ornak doesn't block all those attacks (both Krug and earlier), or if Brunak can roll defense against attacks of 1, or if Ornak doesn't put 3 wounds on Krug, then it doesn't matter, and my victory is somewhere between likely and overwhelmingly likely. But that had happened, so it is what it is. Losing the game is much less of a bummer than losing because of a mistake like that. (FWIW the only other mistake I made that doesn't feel like hindsight to me was a positional mistake that cost me one soul devour attempt, but that's cold comfort given the impact of the other mistake.)

Anyway, setting that aside, it was an awesome game, more than worthy of the final. Up there in the top 5 or 6 most exciting and interesting games of 'scape I've ever played.
I wish I could be like dok and only make 2 mistakes in a game. (I look forward to our shenanigans in SLH)
Old June 11th, 2014, 01:59 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Wow, that was an epic and entertaining read.

Old June 12th, 2014, 09:35 AM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If only you had rolled 1 on this final Wannok.

Old June 16th, 2014, 03:38 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

1 week left to sign up for Season 14.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old July 1st, 2014, 05:20 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

I wanted to share the Season 13 prize that Soundwarp SG-1 made for me. It's an Otonashi repaint that is amazing.

The picture doesn't really do the level of detail justice. The sword has snowflakes and a white tone to it. And of course the snowflake emblem on her back. Also our first blonde ninja. I'm thinking snow enhancement and a freezing special attack.

Below is her with my Season 11 prize Shadow Moriko.

And finally here is the collection of girl ninjas. The favorite army of my daughters. They have already started calling the new one 'Elsa'

Thanks again Soundwarp! Hopefully I can keep having you crank these out

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events