Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 9th, 2015, 08:34 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
The Book of Sersi

The Book of Sersi

C3G MARVEL WAVE 23
AROUND THE WORLD

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is HeroClix figures from the Critical Mass set.
Its model number and name is #089 / Sersi.

Character Bio - Many millennia ago, before the dawn of man, it was the Celestials who arrived to direct our evolution. Though they granted sapience to all, there were a select few who were given powers far greater - the Eternals!

Among the Eternals was Sersi. Though a young girl, she was gifted with telepathic and telekinetic powers, alongside the incredibly ability to transmute matter, changing any man or beast into any shape. Always drawn to the human world, she became known to the Greeks as the sorceress Circe, and was written into legend for tempting Odysseus during his voyage, using her transmogrification skills to turn his men into pigs. In the modern age, she has served as an ally to the Avengers - but still, she remains tied to Olympia, the ancient home of her people, situated in far Antarctica.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 11:24 PM. Reason: png
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Sersi (Design Phase)

NAME = SERSI

SPECIES = ETERNAL
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PROTECTOR
PERSONALITY = INTUITIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 450

MATTER MANIPULATION 5

After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of taking a turn with Sersi, you may roll 5 combat dice. For each shield rolled, place a Wound Marker on or remove a Wound Marker from the Army Card of a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Sersi.

TELEKINETIC TOSS 11
After moving and before attacking, you may choose either Sersi or a small or medium figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Sersi. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, you may place the chosen figure on any empty space within 4 spaces of its original placement. After the figure is placed, you may roll 1 unblockable attack die against that figure. Placed figures will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

REGENERATION
Instead of attacking with Sersi, roll one combat die for each Wound Marker on this card. For each skull rolled, you may remove a Wound Marker from this card.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING

Last edited by johnny139; April 19th, 2015 at 04:25 PM.
Never CoN a CoN man

Comic Art:
Spoiler Alert!

Background:
Spoiler Alert!
Old February 9th, 2015, 09:32 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Very cool design, but I have some serious worries about her power level. I've found Spawn very nearly broken at times, mostly based on his 9 Life and Regeneration. Especially because he can wound without attacking, which Sersi can do, at almost the same ease (8+ instead of 7+). Sersei also lacks the take-wounds-from-attacking part that Spawn's healing has. Her cost is much higher, which helps, but I would feel safer at 6-7 Life.

Then there's Matter Manipulation. Very cool, but also very good. She has to give up her full turn which helps keep it in check some, but it's still a wound and a half on average. 4-5 per round, with the potential for 9 wounds in a round. It also makes her by far the best healer in the game. Pair her with Jocasta or Aaron Cash and they can keep anyone alive indefinitely. Or you could just use Jocasta/Cash to keep Sersi alive while she deals out crazy damage. Couple suggestions for tweaking the power:
  • change it from skulls to shields
  • make her choose between healing or dealing damage on a turn (no mix-and-match)
  • similar to the one above, but change healing to happen on shields or blanks. Or even damage on shields and healing on blanks

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old February 9th, 2015, 09:47 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

The only suggestion I have is for her bio: Olympia is so similar to Olympus, that I think its important to say "Olympia, located in Antarctica."

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old February 9th, 2015, 10:08 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Very cool design, but I have some serious worries about her power level. I've found Spawn very nearly broken at times, mostly based on his 9 Life and Regeneration. Especially because he can wound without attacking, which Sersi can do, at almost the same ease (8+ instead of 7+). Sersei also lacks the take-wounds-from-attacking part that Spawn's healing has. Her cost is much higher, which helps, but I would feel safer at 6-7 Life.

Then there's Matter Manipulation. Very cool, but also very good. She has to give up her full turn which helps keep it in check some, but it's still a wound and a half on average. 4-5 per round, with the potential for 9 wounds in a round. It also makes her by far the best healer in the game. Pair her with Jocasta or Aaron Cash and they can keep anyone alive indefinitely. Or you could just use Jocasta/Cash to keep Sersi alive while she deals out crazy damage. Couple suggestions for tweaking the power:
  • change it from skulls to shields
  • make her choose between healing or dealing damage on a turn (no mix-and-match)
  • similar to the one above, but change healing to happen on shields or blanks. Or even damage on shields and healing on blanks
Power level is definitely my biggest concern here; the Eternals are immortal and unkillable, so it's tough to strike a balance between too good and too weak, thematically. Plus, when you have the power to bring people back from the dead and turn housecats into dragons accidentally... you're a bit stacked.

Limiting to just healing/damaging is definitely ideal. "Ors" are better than "ands" when it comes to gameplay, in my experience. I'd consider going to shields or blanks as well (maybe blanks, since we could increase the die count and make it "feel" bigger, even while reducing its reliability).

I'd be willing to drop Life a bit, or even Defense. Or up the roll on Telekinesis - or create a Telekinesis that's less likely to wound. In general there's a lot of numbers to fudge; I'm comfortable with lots of tweaks as long as she feels as potent as she is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
The only suggestion I have is for her bio: Olympia is so similar to Olympus, that I think its important to say "Olympia, located in Antarctica."
Fair point - done.
Old February 9th, 2015, 11:41 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

@johnny139 Don't the Eternals go into a sort of hibernation/sleep when they get heavily injured. I seem to remember that they can sort of wake up and not remember who they are. Might be interesting to riff off of Odin's Odinsleep power to give that "air of imoortality". Just a thought.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old February 9th, 2015, 11:45 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Why not drop Regeneration altogether and instead allow Matter Manipulation to affect Sersi as well? Would allow her to heal but at a slower rate (most likely).

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old February 10th, 2015, 02:52 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
@johnny139 Don't the Eternals go into a sort of hibernation/sleep when they get heavily injured. I seem to remember that they can sort of wake up and not remember who they are. Might be interesting to riff off of Odin's Odinsleep power to give that "air of imoortality". Just a thought.
I could see something like that working. Maybe removing Order Markers in order to remove wounds... or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
Why not drop Regeneration altogether and instead allow Matter Manipulation to affect Sersi as well? Would allow her to heal but at a slower rate (most likely).
That's also an option, but I'd like to keep them separate, thematically... regeneration is something any Eternal can do, and is unrelated to Sersi's own personal matter manipulation skills.
Old February 10th, 2015, 01:14 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Here's my thoughts:
1) 8 life, 4 defense, and Regeneration is a bit much. If we're going to keep Regeneration, I'd like to see her life dropped to 7. However:
2) I like the idea of a regenerative hibernation. What about something along the lines of:
At the start of each round, you may place the green Sleep Marker on this card. While the Sleep Marker is on this card, Order Markers may not be revealed on this card and Sersi cannot move, attack, or use any other special powers on any Army Card or Glyph. At the end of the round, if the Sleep Marker is on this card, remove it and all Wound Markers from this card.
3) I really like the mix-and-match option with Matter Manipulation, and I think the "instead of taking a turn" part helps to balance it. However, switching it to activate on shields would be a good call. I'd also suggest dropping the range on it to 4 to match her base range and Telekinesis.
4) For Telekinesis, is it thematic for her to be boosted by Telepaths? If not, it seems to me we could do a simplified version that cuts out the Telepath interaction.

Overall, she looks like a very fun design.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old February 10th, 2015, 05:24 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Here's my thoughts:
1) 8 life, 4 defense, and Regeneration is a bit much. If we're going to keep Regeneration, I'd like to see her life dropped to 7. However:
2) I like the idea of a regenerative hibernation. What about something along the lines of:
At the start of each round, you may place the green Sleep Marker on this card. While the Sleep Marker is on this card, Order Markers may not be revealed on this card and Sersi cannot move, attack, or use any other special powers on any Army Card or Glyph. At the end of the round, if the Sleep Marker is on this card, remove it and all Wound Markers from this card.
3) I really like the mix-and-match option with Matter Manipulation, and I think the "instead of taking a turn" part helps to balance it. However, switching it to activate on shields would be a good call. I'd also suggest dropping the range on it to 4 to match her base range and Telekinesis.
4) For Telekinesis, is it thematic for her to be boosted by Telepaths? If not, it seems to me we could do a simplified version that cuts out the Telepath interaction.

Overall, she looks like a very fun design.
I like the design but the power level does seem scary. So yeah I like what V is suggesting.
Old February 11th, 2015, 10:00 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Okay, so here's a shot a re-edit.

- I changed Matter Manipulation to 5 dice, triggering on blanks. This is a slight nerf (with 3 dice, it was an average of 1.5 skulls per roll and 1 shield per roll; currently it's .83 blanks per roll). In the comics, she's an "Adept Level 5," so I think it's a cool theme bit. Welcome to further fiddling though if we want to stay more mechanical with it.

- Swapped out Telekinesis for Telekinetic Throw. Slightly decreases the odds of wounding; we're switched to unblockable dice for telekinetic damage (at least, we did with the Phoenixes) and it clears a lot of text.

- Went with Protector for class; the Eternals exist to protect humanity so that seems like a decent catch-all class. Future synergy with "Eternal Protectors" could work as well for a Uni-Mind type power.

- I stuck with Regeneration and dropped her Life by 1... I'd like to avoid any fancy markers or anything, since ideally this power would be applicable to most if not all Eternals. If we want to swap it out I'd prefer something simpler - I'll think on it some more.

- I also dropped her move a bit, since she has Telekinesis to boost her there. Makes it more of a choice.

How are we feeling about this version?

Quote:
NAME = SERSI

SPECIES = ETERNAL
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PROTECTOR
PERSONALITY = INTUITIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 450

MATTER MANIPULATION 5

Instead of taking a turn with Sersi, you may roll 5 combat dice. For each blank rolled, you may deal a wound to or remove a Wound Marker from a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Sersi.

TELEKINETIC TOSS 8
After moving and before attacking, you may choose either Sersi or a small or medium figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Sersi. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 8 or higher, you may place the chosen figure on any empty space within 4 spaces of its original placement. You may roll 1 unblockable attack die against the placed figure.

REGENERATION
Instead of attacking with Sersi, roll one combat die for each Wound Marker on this card. For each skull rolled, you may remove a Wound Marker from this card.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library