Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old December 5th, 2014, 09:13 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Re: Grishnakh's Custom Superheroes - Abomination

Quick question: So the rule is that Special Attacks cannot be modified.

Therefore, is it clear that when Abomination (and Hulk as well) Super Leaps and then attacks with his normal attack he rolls 3 less attack dice? Yet if he Super Leaps and does his Stomp Special Attack he doesn't loose the 3 dice? That's the intent, just worried that it's a little vague.

We feel that both of these guys can leap and come down hard. Doing a Stomp (or a Thunder Clap) in the process.
Old December 5th, 2014, 12:09 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

I think it's clear.
Old December 5th, 2014, 03:45 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I always felt like you should have to use Stomp SA after a Super Leap. It seems like an obvious cause/affect.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 5th, 2014, 08:56 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I always felt like you should have to use Stomp SA after a Super Leap. It seems like an obvious cause/affect.
That does make a lot of sense, from a thematic stand point. Playing with our Abomination you might want to. He'd only roll 5 attack dice against a single figure if he leaps, but if he leaps into a crowd he'll do 4 attack dice against all adjacent figures. Great way to attack squads for sure.

Our Hulk on the other hand doesn't work as well thematically. We removed Stomp and went with Thunder Clap instead. I personally always liked it when Hulk did that and though it a nice change up from Stomp. However, perhaps he leaps in and slams his fists down instead of his feet. He does that enough in the comics!
Old December 6th, 2014, 02:59 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yeah, Hulk has no shortage of fist-first landings.

Abomination is one of those really simple characters - nothing too flashy, but you can't imagine a world without him. Definitely did him justice here.
Old December 6th, 2014, 03:18 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Quick question: So the rule is that Special Attacks cannot be modified.

Therefore, is it clear that when Abomination (and Hulk as well) Super Leaps and then attacks with his normal attack he rolls 3 less attack dice? Yet if he Super Leaps and does his Stomp Special Attack he doesn't loose the 3 dice? That's the intent, just worried that it's a little vague.

We feel that both of these guys can leap and come down hard. Doing a Stomp (or a Thunder Clap) in the process.
If you really wanted to be super-clear, you could throw in a 'for a normal attack' somewhere in there or something, but I don't think it's needed. Special Attacks aren't modified, full-stop. I never liked how a few of the official cards threw in unnecessary 'with a normal attack' clauses, it just confuses the issue.

Anywho, looking at your HYDRA Soldiers, I'd strongly suggest take out the 'the HYDRA Soldier that fended off the attack' bit. Attack means something very specific in Heroscape, and there are plenty of ways to be destroyed without being attacked. You can probably just say 'that HYDRA Soldier' there. Is the power intended to ignore wounds? Like would a figure with Life Drain get to remove a wound marker after a 16-20 roll, or not? I'm just curious what the intent is supposed to be, I'm not really sure how it would work by a strict reading at present.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old December 6th, 2014, 01:45 PM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Anywho, looking at your HYDRA Soldiers, I'd strongly suggest take out the 'the HYDRA Soldier that fended off the attack' bit. Attack means something very specific in Heroscape, and there are plenty of ways to be destroyed without being attacked. You can probably just say 'that HYDRA Soldier' there. Is the power intended to ignore wounds? Like would a figure with Life Drain get to remove a wound marker after a 16-20 roll, or not? I'm just curious what the intent is supposed to be, I'm not really sure how it would work by a strict reading at present.
That's a very good point. We spent some time with the card and just updated it. Besides, it allowed me to tweak the art on the card a little bit! Got rid of those big bug eyes!

As for your question the power does not ignore wounds:

1. Immediately after a HYDRA Soldier is destroyed roll the 20-sided die:

This establishes when the power takes effect, it's after a HYDRA Soldier is destroyed. How that Soldier is destroyed is anybodies guess, so powers like Life Drain would indeed get to remove a wound marker. Regardless that HYDRA Soldier is dead, killed, kaput, pushing up the daisies…..

2. Then it gets kinda esoteric:

• If you roll a 16 - 19 do not remove that destroyed HYDRA Soldier.

We could have said "After removing the destroyed HYDRA Soldier, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 - 19 place a previously destroyed HYDRA Soldier in the space originally occupied by the destroyed HYDRA Soldier". (Whew, try reading that three times fast!) What we are trying to model is that there's a chance that there was another HYDRA Soldier there all along, hiding in the shadows somehow. You know, cut off a limb and two more shall take it's place? That kinda idea.

The way we worded it on the card achieves basically the same thing, it just uses less words. Perhaps the intent isn't as clear, you do have to read between the lines a bit. Again, we are trying to represent figures that are not on the board at the start of play. In a sense they are "hidden". Nothing like that has ever been done before as far as I know so we don't have a precedent to follow.

3. • If you roll a 20 or higher do not remove that destroyed HYDRA Soldier and, if possible, immediately place a previously destroyed HYDRA Soldier adjacent to the HYDRA Soldier that fended off the attack. The newly placed HYDRA Soldier cannot be placed adjacent to any enemy figures.

After reading your post we see that was really a bit unclear. It now reads:

• If you roll a 20 or higher do not remove the destroyed HYDRA Soldier and, if possible, immediately place a previously destroyed HYDRA Soldier adjacent to that HYDRA Soldier. The newly placed HYDRA Soldier cannot be placed adjacent to any enemy figures.

Hopefully that makes more sense. It's much easier to read that's for sure.

Now we always like to thank members of the HCPTC (Heroscape Custom Play Test Community) for speaking up! It will only serve to make our cards stronger. So thanks for the suggestion Soundwarp SG-1!

Lastly, I might add that the HYDRA Soldiers cost factors in the possibility that you might actually be playing with more figures than are represented on the board. That and they bond with figures like Red Skull, which in effect make them a 4 man squad. Not too bad if you can make some good d20 rolls!
Old December 9th, 2014, 11:32 PM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Yeah, Hulk has no shortage of fist-first landings.

Abomination is one of those really simple characters - nothing too flashy, but you can't imagine a world without him. Definitely did him justice here.
Thanks Johnny! The Limited Healing ability makes him a lot more fun to play.
Old December 11th, 2014, 09:56 AM
Titleless

Waaaayyyy too funny.

Hysterical Honest Trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy.

(There is language, even if it is bleeped out.)

Old December 11th, 2014, 11:10 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
Re: Grishnakh's Custom Superheroes - Honest Trailer for GotG

"I guess it's technically not stealing if they're ripping off themselves"
Old December 11th, 2014, 01:07 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

That was pretty funny.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 12th, 2014, 11:39 AM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

Rocket Racoon = Tony Stark

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations