Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old November 23rd, 2014, 12:14 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
What's a little 18 hour plane ride among friends? Come on.
Yeah but that's just to LAX then another plane to whatever state he is in then some driving.
Aww, I bet he'll come pick you up at the airport.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 23rd, 2014, 04:24 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
What's a little 18 hour plane ride among friends? Come on.
Yeah but that's just to LAX then another plane to whatever state he is in then some driving.
Okay...okay. I can take a hint.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 23rd, 2014, 10:48 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Got in a 3-person game of Smash-Up last night with my daughter and her boyfriend.
My Shapeshifters/Aliens easily defeated her Robots/Dinosaurs and his Cyborg Apes/Killer Plants.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old November 23rd, 2014, 05:40 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Played our first game of the PnP version of Apocalypse Universe: Galactic Arena with my eldest. It's a pretty good game & has a lot of strategy involved. I love how you can change what weapon you are using during the game. Unknowingly I created a perfect combination of powers against Tristan that kept robbing him of action turns & forcing him onto traps (that also robbed his action turns ).
Old November 23rd, 2014, 06:15 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Got in a 3-person game of Smash-Up last night with my daughter and her boyfriend.
My Shapeshifters/Aliens easily defeated her Robots/Dinosaurs and his Cyborg Apes/Killer Plants.
Played this last Saturday for the first time in quite a while and my Steampunk/Dinosaurs ended up winning in a 3 player game. Fun stuff.

Quote:
Played our first game of the PnP version of Apocalypse Universe: Galactic Arena with my eldest. It's a pretty good game & has a lot of strategy involved. I love how you can change what weapon you are using during the game. Unknowingly I created a perfect combination of powers against Tristan that kept robbing him of action turns & forcing him onto traps (that also robbed his action turns ).
Did you order the regular full game too or are you going to stick to the PnP version. Seems like a neat quick game from the one review I checked out.

Unfortunately I ended up spending more on new games than I wanted. I was just going to get Thunder Alley and then the small expansion for City of Iron. But then I discovered Warfighter and found that it looked pretty awesome. So that opened up a new can of worms as that isn't available yet through the distributor connection my buddy has, so I had to go to Miniature Market for it and add a couple expansions to help me and my buddy get free shipping, as he wanted to take advantage of the Deal of the Day of Africana for $16, as well as Tapple for $10 and Canalis for $20.

So now I have $65 tied up in Warfighter and the first two expansions, and then another $39 for Thunder Alley through the distributor. I was only looking to want to spend around $50 total. Oh well, that's got to be it for a while, aside from the KS stuff I already have backed that are still due.

Old November 23rd, 2014, 07:07 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Did you order the regular full game too or are you going to stick to the PnP version. Seems like a neat quick game from the one review I checked out.
Just the PnP version, I couldn't justify the postage on it . I'm trying to make it all nice & pretty so it might pass as a bought game .

It's my birthday coming up & the wife asked what I want. When I told her I wanted Scoundrels of Skullport, she asked what that was. When I told her it was the expansion for Lords of the Waterdeep. She said "We don't need any more board games. We don't even have the room for any more board games." I then replied that it wasn't another board game but an expansion to allow me to play 6 players for Lords of the Waterdeep with a few extra options. That didn't win her over.

I guess I just have to be happy with all the games that I have still coming (already paid for of course) . - I still have 13 KS games to come
Old November 23rd, 2014, 08:08 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I still have 13 KS games to come
Only 13? Rookie.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old November 23rd, 2014, 08:27 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Just the PnP version, I couldn't justify the postage on it . I'm trying to make it all nice & pretty so it might pass as a bought game .

It's my birthday coming up & the wife asked what I want. When I told her I wanted Scoundrels of Skullport, she asked what that was. When I told her it was the expansion for Lords of the Waterdeep. She said "We don't need any more board games. We don't even have the room for any more board games." I then replied that it wasn't another board game but an expansion to allow me to play 6 players for Lords of the Waterdeep with a few extra options. That didn't win her over.

I guess I just have to be happy with all the games that I have still coming (already paid for of course) . - I still have 13 KS games to come
Well it is your birthday after all. If she doesn't like the expansion idea, try asking for a new 51" plasma tv. See which one she prefers

Yeah, my wife isn't thrilled about all the games I have and doesn't understand the need to have more. So that's why I use Christmas and my birthday to get an order of games that she's "aware of". Otherwise, during the year I will back KS stuff that are lower cost so it's not such a big deal to show up once in a while. For other stuff, like Thunder Alley and the Warfighter stuff, I have associates that help me get these items under the radar. I save up my "lunch money" that I keep out every two weeks pay check and then use that to pay my associates cash. Works out pretty well, though smuggling them into the house and finding places to keep them are the tricky part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
I still have 13 KS games to come
Only 13? Rookie.

Last edited by Hahma; November 23rd, 2014 at 10:21 PM.
Old November 23rd, 2014, 11:23 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

I think you should tell her that Hahma is getting the expansion you want so instead, she can get you the plane tickets you need to go visit him half way around the world. Either that or the plasma TV idea is good too.

As I alluded to earlier in this thread, I've been on a kick recently checking the internet for some games that I'd like to play with my boys but I also have room issues. My wife is not a problem at all because I'll never get enough games to take up as much room as her Marcos level of shoes.

Anyway, I was at my sister-in-law's house the other night and found a copy of Cityscape that I bought my nephew many years ago. He has since moved out on his own so the game was just collecting dust in his closet. I quickly taught my boys and they proceeded to take me down repeatedly. Even when they are not teaming up they somehow work well together without even knowing it. I forgot how easy and fun a few rounds of that game can be.

This morning I was rearranging my office closet a bit and found Guillotine. I played a quick game with the boys (using Tom Vasel's review to teach them how to play) and they really enjoyed it. We are not into the complicated Euro, CCG or RPG type games but we seem to be finding a few gems here and there from my past.
Old November 24th, 2014, 01:42 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Played not one, not two, but three games of Dominion today--once at the in-laws and then twice this evening with a few friends. MIL won the first one, my buddy won the second game (his first time playing!) and I won the last one.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 24th, 2014, 02:22 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I had the chance to try out D&D Attack Wing today from the starter set. It was just a lower point skirmish between a Blue and a Copper Dragon, but I must admit that I enjoyed it quite a bit. I haven't played any game of this type so far and I really like the dog-fight feel of programming movement, and limited maneuverability along with other limitations. The die rolling was also pretty reminiscent of Heroscape for me as well.

I don't think I'll be jumping on another miniature battle game, but if I were going to, I'd be quite tempted to go with this one.
Old November 24th, 2014, 02:31 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
I had the chance to try out D&D Attack Wing today from the starter set. It was just a lower point skirmish between a Blue and a Copper Dragon, but I must admit that I enjoyed it quite a bit. I haven't played any game of this type so far and I really like the dog-fight feel of programming movement, and limited maneuverability along with other limitations. The die rolling was also pretty reminiscent of Heroscape for me as well.

I don't think I'll be jumping on another miniature battle game, but if I were going to, I'd be quite tempted to go with this one.
You should try out X-Wing sometime too.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games