Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News
AotP News Sightings, official news, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 2nd, 2016, 11:55 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation
Re: Another expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeasantDave View Post
I wonder if we'll get any common squads as filler.
@PeasantDave - I'm glad to see that you're still active on the Forums. Sometimes I think that I'm the last HeroScapeR remaining in New Jersey. There's a game group that meets in a church off Hope Road, TF, near Exit #105 on Tuesday evenings. I try to visit them about once a month and could meet you there. Look for their Guild called: "Exit 105 Gamers," on BoardGameGeek. I could meet you there to 'Scape, M:TG-AotP, or any other Euro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1shark View Post
Metallic most likely for a Mirrodin set.
"METALLIC" terrain board and/or terrain pieces, really? WOW, that sounds awesome, but I just can't visualize it, since I am totally ignorant of the M:tG universe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Liliana's going to get some new buddies now. I think they're trying to play it safe with the game and offer sets with well-respected Magic names to appeal to the fanbase. Zendikar followed by Innistrad, which Magic fanboys would be all over. This instead of Kamigawa, or (Gasp!) Homelands. Whether that's a good or bad thing, I don't know, but I think it means this game could last for some time.
I certainly hope that this new AotP game does "last for some time," with a couple if not several expansions, but I'm not sure that this Board Game with miniatures is appealing to the original M:tG Fan Base. I don't see any one playing it here where I am in south Jersey.

From a corporate business perspective, it's survival and longevity will solely depend upon how well it sells. It doesn't matter how much the fans love it and want it, there has to be enough people BUYING it to warrant it's continuation. Look at what happened to HeroScape. Any way, keep you eye on the store shelves. If you begin to see any of these products marked down for Clearance, them that's a harbinger that project is in financial trouble and may get cancelled.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; February 2nd, 2016 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Avoided double posting

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News