Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old January 5th, 2017, 04:06 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Requests for Reevaluation

Ugg, that was brutal to relive.

Thankfully my laptop conceded for me.

I think I have that part figured out now. I just have to use Google Chrome.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 6th, 2017, 05:59 PM
You address C3G OMNIPOTENCE - tread carefully!

clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby!

Sorry if this is a little off-topic, but could someone tell me *every* card that has been re-evaluated and adjusted? I just came back after a ~3 year hiatus, and I want to re-print any cards that had to be nerfed. I know there's a list of tweaked cards in the "Books of" thread, but I don't really care to re-print cards just for wording changes. I just care about cards that were actually mechanically changed.
Old January 6th, 2017, 06:06 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by clembo2021 View Post
Sorry if this is a little off-topic, but could someone tell me *every* card that has been re-evaluated and adjusted? I just came back after a ~3 year hiatus, and I want to re-print any cards that had to be nerfed. I know there's a list of tweaked cards in the "Books of" thread, but I don't really care to re-print cards just for wording changes. I just care about cards that were actually mechanically changed.
There's a list in the 'designs that have completed the process' spoiler in the second post of this thread. Hasn't really been than many of them.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old January 6th, 2017, 07:24 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Not to make things more difficult but a couple of the wording changes did have a mechanical change. At least for some. Expert Climbing for one was played wrong by most and the wording was changed to better stick with the way it was designed.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 7th, 2017, 11:05 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
That's why we have an "Update & Releases" post in the Index thread. Although the "What was updated" post is probably better if you just need to find out what you need to reprint. It gives a reason for the update & for some wording clarifications you might not bother to reprint .
Old January 30th, 2017, 07:49 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I am officially placing testing for The Crow On Hold and opening testing on the following version of Psycho-Man:
Quote:
NAME = PSYCHO-MAN

SPECIES = TRAANIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CONQUEROR
PERSONALITY = MANIPULATIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 250

CONTROL-BOX
Before taking a turn with Psycho-Man, you may choose an opponent’s Unique Hero within 4 clear sight spaces of Psycho-Man and choose one of the other special powers on this card that has not yet been chosen this round. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 6 or higher, place the appropriate gray Control Marker on the chosen Hero’s Army Card. While that marker is on that Hero's card, the chosen power affects that Hero. At the end the round, remove the Control Marker from that card. Androids and figures with the Mental Shield special power are not affected by Control-Box.

FEAR
An affected Hero subtracts 2 from its Move and Defense numbers.

DOUBT
An affected Hero subtracts 2 from its Move and Attack numbers.

HATE
When an affected Hero takes a turn, all of its special powers are negated for that turn. The player controlling that Hero must choose a friendly figure that is nearest to it and move it normally along a shortest path towards the chosen figure until it is adjacent to the chosen figure or has exhausted its movement. The affected Hero must attack the chosen figure, if possible.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old April 5th, 2017, 03:38 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I wanted to start the conversation on reevaluating Raven. She has easily been the reason her team has won so many games for me. So much so that I often prioritize taking her out as soon as possible in my games and I still fail to do so. 5 life with Magical Defense and the ability to transfer 1W per round makes her very difficult to take down if you don't have a Magical Defense figure on your team. Your best chance to do so is when you have multiple strong attacks per OM reveal as you need to be scoring two successful hits on her per turn, for all 3 turns in a round, just to take her out. 6 wounds - 1 transferred away = 5 life. A block or miss puts you behind the 8 ball and increases the chances your multiple attack option will get taken out before you can finish her off. Once reduced to a single attack per OM the game is usually over for you.

As far a fixes go, the idea I had the other day when playing her was a drop in life by 1. It would bring her more in line with many of our other Magical Defense figures that have just 4 life. A drop in life was also one of the fixes we made to Enchantress when we reevaluated her. I know from my games with her that I have managed to get her down to 1 life many times just to see her survive and start regaining health by transferring wounds and then she wins the game.
Old April 5th, 2017, 04:24 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Porpoise of Things

There are other figures who are quite strong. I think first we need to establish if reeval is for fixing anything that's too strong or fixing anything that's game breakingly strong.

While I'm not opposed to changing Raven, there are several other figures who are very good, but not game breakingly good like Raven. Having been on the other end of a really bad Red Skull + Raven dealio, I still always felt the issue was more with the Cosmic Cube than with Raven. Magical Defense is also vulnerable to autowounds, which it sounds like you might not have been playing with YK. Again, not saying we can't fix her, it sounds like it'd be taking her from pretty good to just good, rather than game breakingly good to good.

~Dysole, who suspects the 5 life is there because 4 life is harder to make work in her expected thematic role with the Titans
Old April 5th, 2017, 04:35 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Should we tackle the Cube? That seems to be a go to for the competitive players so it must be pretty good.

I have never had a problem with Raven but I do not think I have ever really maximized her potential either.

The Crow is going to be on this month so I may dig into that again... maybe...
Old April 5th, 2017, 04:44 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

If Dok didn't feel the need to push for it, I'm not sure it's a concern, honestly. I mean, it's good, but I don't think that's a problem - it's only when something becomes so ludicrously good as to not be fun that I'd be concerned.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 5th, 2017, 04:54 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

The cube did get an unofficial re-eval when the range on autowounding was capped at 10 spaces. We also adjusted Master Motivator wording to prevent potential turn loops.

Raven is strong - she's probably worth an "A" instead of the "A-" we have her at. A higher price or lower life total would be reasonable for her and would put her more in line with the general power curve of C3G. That said, I don't feel she's broken good or providing negative play experiences the way the past re-eval figures have.

To be honest, The Crow is the only figure left that I feel demands re-eval in the same way our past re-eval figures have. We could expand the role of re-eval if that's what the heroes want, but the most glaring issues, Crow aside, have been addressed.

Last edited by dok; April 5th, 2017 at 04:56 PM. Reason: We're discussing our next Online Supers event, and the tentative plan is to ban the Crow...
Old April 5th, 2017, 05:11 PM

That is actually pretty awesome.

Kudos to TB for championing this through!

Perhaps the Heroes do need to discuss if we want to do a deeper round evaluations.

Personally if the CRB are OK with where we are at, that is OK with me.
I think we certainly should be open to changes as we go on though.

My thought with Raven is how is she faring with [redacted*]? If that has given her a good boost that is only getting better, she may need a tweak if she is already top notch.

I think with nearly 700 designs and only one bad apple, I am going to be happy with that.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Last edited by TrollBrute; April 5th, 2017 at 07:25 PM. Reason: *is that project public knowledge?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy