Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old July 25th, 2016, 04:52 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Goblin Town Throw Down: Tournament

I've wanted to use Glads/Blasts for a long time especially after qt.bangerang made me a third set of Glads a couple years ago.

My first thought was :

Glads x3 240
Blasts x2 120
Laglor 110
Black Wyrmling 30

I think this would have been the way to go in hindsight, but suddenly my fear of Mezzodaemons started creeping in and I wasn't sure if I could rely on Laglor and a single Black Wyrmling to protect me from those foul beasts! So I settled on:

Glads x2 160
Blasts x2 120
Major Q10 150
Black Wyrmlings x2 60
Otonashi 10

Battle 1 vs. dart48

Major Q9
Raelin
Zombies of Morrindan x3?

Map: Meander

I'm chalking this utter failure up to not playing a game for, like, 2 years. Basically, I moved my Glads/Blasts forward he moved up Zombies, Q9, then Raelin. While Q9, rained death down upon me I focused on Raelin and actually took her down but, as dart48 pointed out to me later, instead of swarming Q9 I continued on into the zombies and tried to take them out while Q9 kept killing my guys. Q10 came out for a moment but was dispatched pretty quickly by Q9...It was a really ugly defeat, but credit dart48 for playing to his strengths. I think other than his first 2 OMs all the rest of them went on Q9 for the rest of the game...

Record: 0-1

Battle 2 v.s. Jacob

Cyprien
Sonya
Zombies of Morindan x3

Map: Relic

More Zombies, but this time, backed by a pair of melee vampires, I felt a little more confident even with the Jungle trees hampering my range. I moved my Glads/blasts forward as before and he moved Zombies but I was able to tie them all down and kill 3 or so. Then he moved Cyprien into the battle on Hieght but I quickly surrounded him and started to pound him with Homing beacon fire. Then, weird stuff. He stealth flew away to my start zone to munch on Otonashi and a Wyrmling (but I think he was tied down by a Glad at the time so that shouldn't have been possible, but we both missed it). Anyway, Cyp chill touched Otonashi for a heal but failed to kill the Wyrmling. I got a couple more wounds on him before he retreated back behind his Zombies. The Zombies started munching on my glads/blasts at this point and started getting Zombies back, but I brought Q10 up and started Machine-pistoling the crap out of 'em. I was rolling pretty hot (several 2 -skull rolls) and I was making a dent. I think I killed 2 squads when all was said and done. But the Coup De Grace came when Q10 was finally within range of Cyprien and I sent 2 Wrist Rockets straight up his keister for the win...

Record: 1-1

Battle 3 vs. Sir Heroscape

Raelin,
Krav Maga Agents
Rats x2
Incendiborgs

Map: Remains of Clionesia

This one was an ugly slugfest. He moved his rats and I moved out my Glads/blasts. I was able to lock down most of the routes on the map with Glads but my Blasts were triggering Scatter the whole time so he was able to bring most of his rats to the front though unable to move at that point, he brought up the Krav and Raelin and I brought up Q10. to shoot over the wall of rats and glads.I couldn't get close enough to use Wrist rockets, however so I started in with my trusty Machine Pistol. I was rolling great again, but Raelin was also rolling well so I got her down to 2 life and killed a Krav but meanwhile he was picking off my glads and blasts. He got a squad of each while I only managed to kill 3 rats (and the one Krav, so two partial squads). Then he finally took down Q10 with an incendiborg and that was all she wrote. I wasn't able to score a single point...Damn you Raeliiiiiin!!!!!!

Final Record: 1-2

Final thoughts: There were a crapload of Soulborgs at this tourney! In addition to the armies above, one dude was running an all-C3V soulborg army, my son had Q9, and I think I saw a 3rd Q9 in another army. Repulsors would have had a field day!

It was great to meet all the rest of the Idaho Scapers that I hadn't met before!

I need more practice! It really fired up my two sons to play, so hopefully we'll get a few more games in here at home and I'll come back stronger next time!!

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old July 25th, 2016, 05:24 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Thanks for the battle report for the tournament @The B.I.V. it was a lot of fun. I was the other that ran a Q9 in my army.
I Ran Dwarves and Robots
Q9
DW8000
Beorn Boltcutter
Axegrinders X2

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 25th, 2016, 07:28 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks from me and True to everyone who showed up! And especially to TREX and Sir Heroscape for being the spearheads of the whole thing! We had a great time and were super glad to make it, and hope to again sometime!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old July 26th, 2016, 01:35 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

This tournament I had a bit of a fire to go outside my comfort zone. There were so many armies I wanted to run, but somehow I found myself thinking about C3V figures, and then I remembered I just got some Incendiborgs in the mail, and it would be totally awesome to use them. Never having played them, I really didn't know what kind of support I'd need in order to make them effective. After a lot of thought, I decided on:

Rats X3
Raelin (RotV)
Krav
Incendiborgs

I figured Rats would tie down the board while Raelin buffed Krav and Borgs could dispatch of any figures that made their way through the rat screen. Here's how it went...

Battle 1 vs. True

Nilfeim
Greenscales X3
Raelin (RotV)
Marro Warriors

Map: Relic

Oh how this one hurt! I started out developing rats to lock down the board as he sent out Nilfeim with Greenscales. I must say, that Rats were amazing!! They did exactly what they're supposed to do...that is: Keep your opponent in the same spot, and keep them busy. True had his hands full of Rats, and though he had some elevation with jungle and Raelin backing him, my Krav went to work. Rats continued to scatter as True tried to kill them faster than they could move in, but to little avail...they defended like champs! The Krav made good use of themselves killing Greenscales and Marro warriors from elevation, and then gaining elevation on Raelin to take her out quickly as well. At this point, we both thought I had the game. With Rats locking down Nilfeim and every Greenscale in sight, I had the clear advantage. Then it happened...Mistake #1: I got too confident and let the Krav get a little too close. He disengaged Nilfeim and engaged 2 Krav, killing one. I decided Krav weren't strong enough to knock down Nilf, so I killed as many Greenscales as possible. Krav #2 gone! I engage 3 rats all around Nilf...special attack and they all go down. Mistake #2: It's the last round and I send out the last Krav to kill a greenscale to get another full squad and ensure my win by points...defended. True gets his last turn, on the last round to try and beat me by points. He's down 120 points. Flies in Nilf to special attack Krav....blank +100 points to True...20pts to go. I have one elevated Rat left, he surrounds with 3 Nilfeim-buffed Greenscales. Attack 1, blocked. Attack 2, blocked. Attack 3, one shield short. +40pts to True. Game. I literally lost on the last attack, of the last turn, of the last round...by 20pts!!

Record: 0-1

Battle 2 v.s. dreamscaper

Deathcommander Mark 3
Deathwalker 9000
Zettian Infantry X3
Deathwings X1
Beorn Boltcutter

Map: Deathstar Hallways

I dreaded this army...I dreaded this map...and I dreaded my opponent. dreamscaper has managed to beat me in each tournament matchup we've had (4 out of 4 now) and to make it worse, he had good figures to take me out on a tight, congested map. Even still...it was a good game. This time around I decided to lead with Raelin and Incendiborgs and then clean with Rats and Krav. In hindsight, at least 1 squad of rats would have done me good to help lock down his units early while the Borgs burned away. He opened with Deathwings to try and get an early explosion on me, but my Borgs quickly took them out. Then he sent in Beorn (who I must say I was unfamiliar with), and not knowing his ability I didn't mind him engaging my Borgs. I had already taken position in the middle of the map with Raelin on elevation buffing all the Borgs who blocked off the corridor keeping anyone from getting to her. The setup was perfect, but the dice were not. Even with the redundancy markers...Borgs didn't hold out too long b/c of Beorn's special. They quickly took him out before too much damage was done..but the dice spoke in favor of dreamscaper and he wounded Raelin and took out a Borg. I continued to put faith in them nonetheless and even after Raelin was silenced they defended like champions. They managed to defend long enough to sneak an attack by DW9K. +140pts for me leaving the score 240pts - 80pts in my favor. Another Borg fell. Last round I activated my Rats and Krav. Unfortunately I had 2 OM's on rats and only 1 on Krav which really hurt...b/c that round ended up being our last due to time. So my OM 3 was on Krav. During 1 and 2 I moved up rats while the last anticipated fall of the final Borg came swiftly, +180pts to dreamscaper, score 240 - 260...I was down 20pts. On turn 3 I was able to get all Krav in sight of each member of a full squad of Zettian Infantry. If I could take out the squad...I'd get game 2! Krav 1 attack, kill Infantry 1. Krav 2 attack, kill Infantry 2. Krav 3 attack, Infantry defended. Game. Once again, I literally lost the game on the last attack, of the last turn, of the last round...by 20pts!!

Record: 0-2

Battle 3 vs. The B.I.V.

Glads X2
Blasts X2
Q10
Blk Wyrmlings X2

Map: Remains of Clionesia

As stated by The B.I.V. it was a slugfest. Rats provided an amazing screen for me. I sent them in to lock down my front, and they did beautifully, creating an impenetrable wall behind which Raelin, the Krav and the Incendiborgs camped. And the slugging began. Lucky for me I was able to get by some of his defense to take out a couple squads but unfortunately for The B.I.V Realin decided not to die this game. Usually she doesn't mind passing on into the next life while leaving behind a bunch of defenseless units...but this time she stayed true, and no matter how many attacks were sent at her, she never faltered. Had she gone down, it would have been a different story...but with all my units podded and buffed, there was little hope for The B.I.V. to clean up on any points at all. His army was not a bad army...it was just sluggish, ugly die rolling game of all defense both sides, except for the few attacks that made their way through for me.

Final Record: 1-2
Final thoughts: Rats were a great choice this time around. They did their job beautifully in each game, allowing me to gain position and control those positions...and they even killed a Greenscale or two on game 1!! Krav were my army, but they didn't intend to be. Incendiborgs are not the focal point of an army, they're not meant to be...despite their point value. So they never really showed their true potential unfortunately, but it taught me a lot about them...b/c they are a fun unit!! And despite the record, This army actually preformed as a potential tournament winner. Had I not lost so unluckily on my very last die rolls of my first two games, the outcome of this tourney would have been very different. So this army isn't too bad, but if I were to run it again...there would definitely be a few changes.

Ya'll are awesome, and thanks again for making it up/down to the tourney...next time I'll make sure to get there on time so that we don't have to cut the tourney one round short in order to give everyone enough time to get home...so I apologize for that.

Also, would love to hear some battle reports from the rest of you guys ( @TREX , @BiggaBullfrog , @dreamscaper , @dart48 , @podunksarmy )

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 12th, 2018, 11:48 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Utah/Idaho Dungeon Defenders Tournament

Set up the New tourney in the OP for August 11th in Logan, UT.
Tournament Details

Old July 13th, 2018, 10:48 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I plan on being there ! Will try to bring down some more scapers with me too.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 13th, 2018, 11:47 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I plan on being there ! Will try to bring down some more scapers with me too.
Awesome. If there is a good turnout Ill try to do this down here in the middle more often.

Old July 13th, 2018, 03:16 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Looks pretty awesome! Put me down as a maybe. But my favorite D20 auto-wounders won't be much good here, I'm afraid!

EDIT: What if a game goes to time? How does one determine a winner?
Old July 13th, 2018, 05:38 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Great tourney format, TREX! I love this idea! I'll definitely be there unless something crazy happens, and True should hopefully be there as well. Lt. Col. Melodias Munches lives in Logan, so he and maybe even his wife should be able to show too.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old July 13th, 2018, 08:24 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
Looks pretty awesome! Put me down as a maybe. But my favorite D20 auto-wounders won't be much good here, I'm afraid!

EDIT: What if a game goes to time? How does one determine a winner?
The crystal is fragile and must be protected. Your d20 auto wounders will still be good for killin. Partial card score still applies for kills if it goes to time. Im betting that would be rare though. The handful of games ive played havent ever really went over 35 minutes.

Old July 13th, 2018, 08:26 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Great tourney format, TREX! I love this idea! I'll definitely be there unless something crazy happens, and True should hopefully be there as well. Lt. Col. Melodias Munches lives in Logan, so he and maybe even his wife should be able to show too.
Awesome. Ill put down you and true and munches down with a +1 maybee with him.

Old July 14th, 2018, 07:39 PM
"like" happy

Hey sorry everyone. I'm not going to end up being able to run this Tournament in Logan.
It has been canceled. @Sir Heroscape , maybe you can just run something up in Pocatello if you'd like to.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events