Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 16th, 2014, 12:53 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game

From appearances alone, this game barely qualifies as "not Heroscape." I bring you, Magic the Gathering Board Game:

How 'bout that?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; July 9th, 2015 at 10:53 AM.
Old October 16th, 2014, 01:43 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
From appearances alone, this game barely qualifies as "not Heroscape." I bring you, Magic the Gathering Board Game:

How 'bout that?
It's a joke, right? A mean, mean, cruel prank? Did you notice this part?

Quote:
The Magic: The Gathering Strategy Board Game is being co-developed by Wizards of the Coast and the Hasbro Gaming team responsible for RISK LEGACY and HEROSCAPE.
EDIT: This will be great for C3V, mini-wise.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; October 16th, 2014 at 01:54 AM. Reason: I have zero interest in Magic but I am way excited by this.
Old October 16th, 2014, 02:01 AM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Those flat tiles aren't bad looking. I hope they're fully compatible.
Old October 16th, 2014, 02:06 AM

jagular has disabled reputation
Heroscape spiritual successor?

Hasboro and WotC announced during Essen Spiel a Magic the Gathering tactical mini's board game, developed by the team behind Heroscape. While early in development, it looks like Heroscape.

Press Release
Article with images.
Old October 16th, 2014, 02:11 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
Those flat tiles aren't bad looking. I hope they're fully compatible.
The outer edge looks distinctly incompatible, while all the other edges look like they are actually Heroscape tiles. I wonder what they ultimately end up looking like.

--
--
--

--
Old October 16th, 2014, 02:17 AM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Seems like they should make them compatible, just so they can sell a bunch of sets to Heroscape fanatics. I'm not sure what the downside would be for them.
Old October 16th, 2014, 02:51 AM

Re: Heroscape spiritual successor?

Scooped! by @Dad_Scaper . Although a separate thread for discussing this seems appropriate.

--

I'm really excited by this news. I hope the game isn't dumb; although how can it be if the people working on it are what that release seems to imply. More importantly, if it proves to be a cool game, I hope they sell it at a price where they can make a profit and keep selling it indefinitely.

--
--
--

--
Old October 16th, 2014, 05:35 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Seems like they should make them compatible, just so they can sell a bunch of sets to Heroscape fanatics. I'm not sure what the downside would be for them.
Makes sense to this ordinary man. But hey so did continuing a line that was making you money so what do I know about big business?
Old October 16th, 2014, 08:18 AM

worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker

Here is a link with pictures:
http://www.gatheringmagic.com/alexul...o-information/

I'll have to admit, the figures look great, and this would mean more terrain.

I'm just sayin.

Last edited by worldsenemy; October 16th, 2014 at 08:19 AM. Reason: .
Old October 16th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

AWESOME!

I do hope the terrain is compatible, but some if it doesn't look like it. Hopefully we'll be able to use the figures and terrain.
Old October 16th, 2014, 08:57 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Wonder if copyright actually prevents them from being compatible? Although if its the same companies, it shouldn't. And that other company seems to be putting out compatible tiles! Well, any development is a good development! Cheaper materials such as may become available from 3D printing will eventually get us going again with new stuff...maybe.
Old October 16th, 2014, 09:04 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Makes sense to this ordinary man. But hey so did continuing a line that was making you money so what do I know about big business?
If you're talking about HeroScape, I'm not sure it was making enough money to be profitable, which is what the shareholders of a company want.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion