Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

View Poll Results: How do you interpret the word "random" in these situations
Players MUST always roll a dice or shuffle the order markers and without either player looking 7 13.21%
Owner MUST shuffle/rearrange OMs but can look before the player chooses which he/she removes 0 0%
Owner CAN shuffle/rearrange OMs and can look before the player chooses, but is not required 11 20.75%
Owner CAN rearrange OMs but MUST do while looking before the player chooses, but is not required 1 1.89%
Owner CANNOT shuffle/rearrange OMs before the player chooses. OMs must be placed strategically 23 43.40%
Depends on who you play with and mood players are in, but can be decided differently each game 11 20.75%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 7th, 2021, 09:00 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Remove one unrevealed Order Marker at random?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Voted option 6. I've played with a wide variety of skill and levels and have no issue with seeking to make the game fun. It helps that 95% of the time I'm the GM though

For comp play though, I've no issue with you (or squidface) if you snipe an Order Marker off of me knowing fully well it was a numbered one. Especially true if I was just putting OMs in order (like I do a vast majority of the time).

Really, its no different than if I focus fire a hero with 2 Order Markers on it knowing that you are going to lose at least 1 turn if that hero dies.
I disagree with the last line, this poll is about something completely different than choosing to destroy opponent’s figures to remove their turns. While I agree with the mentality of “if you are watching my habits like a hawk and snipe my OMs to punish me, that’s just being competitive,” the thing that gets me with the poll here is the word random. It’s not very random if you can use knowledge to pluck specific OMs with any reasonable amount consistency.

Perhaps quantifying/clarifying that would be more troublesome for me to do... but it’s how I feel about this, in a nutshell.

And that's perfectly fair and valid. I'd much rather have fun with the game than not, and fighting over a small mechanic at the game table is something I'd rather not bother with.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's