Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 17th, 2019, 01:19 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: PK's customs MK. III - 12/11 - LEAD VENGEANCE 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I don't think anybody is claiming that there's been some major breach of C3V protocol here.
Correct. There's a reason I didn't lead with that. I led with offering suggestions on design.

I brought it up the history because AYP basically called me out for meddling and (innocently, I imagine) asking why C3V would have claim on this design. The reason is because variants in this design have been being kicked around in C3V for years. He asked, I answered.

Moreover, I tried to get this design concept going again in C3V recently, and I honestly think it was going to come through this time, but I was shut down specifically because people said I shouldn't step on this design out in the public. Which... I mean, it's ironic at least, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Is it OK for a C3V design to be pulled out of C3V and submitted as an SoV unit? Honestly it seems strange to me. What are the limits to this? If I don't like the direction a C3V design is headed, can I submit a modified version of it with a different mini as a SoV submission? Is that OK?
Sure ... why not? If the C3V process produces the best unit, then great! Or, if the SoV process produces the best unit, then great!
I'll answer this in the abstract - if it was a totally wide open hey, submit anything any time, then it could lead to a lot of messy situations all the time. The collaborative development model breaks down if anyone can just pull a piece out and go it alone at any time.

Now you're not really suggesting that it would be OK for someone in C3V to just rip off an in-progress design and submit a mildly modified version for SoV. And that's not what happened here. This is a unique situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
There are zero drafts for lawman synergy beyond the common cowboy. I looked. It's not that any hypothetical design stalled out and got "pulled out of C3V" by me or anyone else. No such design exists, on purpose.

Every time it's brought up, it gets shot down. Jake Slaughter was supposed to be the lawman synergy. That got changed. I brought up the new western figures in the cowboy thread, no movement on there. I didn't take anything from the C3V because there wasn't anything there to take.
I don't know exactly when you started work on this, but the discussions were live fairly recently to get this going. Without getting too deep into the internal politics of C3V here, there's plenty of reason to believe that even though it had been shot down in the past, that wouldn't happen this time.

Now, you're free to say "too bad, don't care, they had their chance" (and NB, whose history with this fight goes way, way back, has fair reason to feel that way), but that's a far cry from saying this design doesn't have any place in C3V. You were very careful in your wording when you said the design doesn't exist, but you know full well it's in discussion.

And once again, let's call a spade a spade. If this concept can't get through C3V, then it very likely can't get through SoV, which requires Unified Fanscape Review. The reason you're pushing on submitting to SoV is the same reason I was pushing to get the concept moving again in C3V - because we all can sense that times and attitudes have shifted and this can get approved, at long last.

For my part, I have always liked the idea, always pushed for it, and am happy that things are moving. I don't think it's fair to hold the sins of C3V past against the current roster of C3V participants, who are broadly more amenable to this design. I also acknowledge that this design has roots that run even deeper than C3V's origin, the better part of a decade ago.

I also think the OM management of this design is a bit wooden and needs some re-thinking, so if you guys are willing to roll up your sleeves and do some workshopping instead of dismissing my suggestions, I'm all up for that.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards