Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old May 13th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

I saw that movie in a preview and it looked pretty cool. I always liked the Geoff Jones Braniac story.

Also, the season finale of Arrow is this wednesday.
Old May 13th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I hesitate to ask, but... how is Arrow?

I can't stand the "pretty people with problems" genre that grips the CW but I hear it's alright and... I dunno, I was bored last night and almost watched it. It was a dark time.
Old May 13th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I hesitate to ask, but... how is Arrow?

I can't stand the "pretty people with problems" genre that grips the CW but I hear it's alright and... I dunno, I was bored last night and almost watched it. It was a dark time.
It is fraught with the people problems that I realy dis-like, but it does a good job of developing the characters, and the villains have been pretty cool so far (no superpowers though). Merlyn is especially awesome, his costume is incredibly cool and the villain's character is very intense.

So far, they have featured the following characters from the comics
Huntress
Merlyn
Deadshot (super cool!)
The Royal Flush Gang (no powers though)
Count Vertigo (he has a gas that simulates his vertigo power)
Deathstroke (also very cool)
Roy Harper
Mia (queen not dearden. She is his sister, but I think they plan on keeping her as his sidekick later in the show)
Firefly
and they have mentioned Ted Kord, crossing my fingers he appears later

All in all, I have really enjoyed the show and I would definitly suggest watching is, especially if you have ever liked the Smallville series (I also was a fan). There can be some dull points, but the overall story is very well done
Old May 13th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I watched the first two or three episodes of Arrow and didn't care much for it. Not bad, but nothing very good either. The acting seemed pretty standard for a CW show and writing wasn't spectacular either.

I'm very, very picky when it comes to television though, and I thoroughly disliked Smallville, so I may not be the best person to ask.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old May 13th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think I watched about one and a half, and, yeah. I guess I just like good plots, character development, and acting. I'm snobbish that way.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 13th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think I watched about one and a half, and, yeah. I guess I just like good plots, character development, and acting. I'm snobbish that way.
I've seen your Top 10 superhero movies and I don't think you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 13th, 2013, 09:51 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I ended up liking most of Smallville, but their was some weak points along the way. I also watched the first 2 or 3 episodes of Arrow and it didn't hook me. I seem to recall a lot of plot holes or just general weak writing. I am intrigued by all the talk of cameos by the other characters though so I may give it another shot at some point.
Old May 13th, 2013, 10:00 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I think you like short quick plots & short quick character development. TV shows are about the long plots & long character development, which you will never get from watching only a few episodes.

I think Arrow has both a good plot & rich character development, but it's happening over the whole series. I would be dissapointed in a TV show where you see the whole character development in less then a season, where else would the show go after that?

There have even been a few episodes which were really about the character development & as such the action was a bit less. A friend of mine thought that episode was boring but I enjoyed it because of what it was achieving for the whole series which is really how a TV series needs to be.

I am really enjoying the characterizations of Arrow & watching the growth of the characters themself.
Old May 13th, 2013, 10:00 PM

XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker

If you've watched the whole season, it's definitely gotten better, overall I've enjoyed it. I know most don't care for the CW's style of show, I am one of those people, but I've found that this one has done a good job with character development. And I have loved how they've worked so many characters in. Also Smithy forgot to mention that they've included Black Canary, but they have used Laurel instead of Dinah as her name.

EDIT: Also the A3n said! He hit it perfectly.
Old May 13th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
I've seen your Top 10 superhero movies and I don't think you do.
Some of those are pure popcorn (Avengers, for example) certainly, but I think the Nolan films (all of which I've rated very high) are the best of the best when it comes those criteria, Spider-man 2 is right up there, as is Iron Man, and there are some other really solid films in that regard on my list. There are also some terribly plotted movies that turn on absurd deus ex machina endings, such as the original Superman, that I've appropriately buried far down on my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
I think you like short quick plots & short quick character development. TV shows are about the long plots & long character development, which you will never get from watching only a few episodes.

I think Arrow has both a good plot & rich character development, but it's happening over the whole series. I would be dissapointed in a TV show where you see the whole character development in less then a season, where else would the show go after that?

There have even been a few episodes which were really about the character development & as such the action was a bit less. A friend of mine thought that episode was boring but I enjoyed it because of what it was achieving for the whole series which is really how a TV series needs to be.

I am really enjoying the characterizations of Arrow & watching the growth of the characters themself.
I will acknowledge that I haven't seen enough of it to properly judge how the characters developed and how the plot went overall. I found what I saw a bit melodramatic, hard to believe, and thinly acted, though. It was OK, but I wouldn't put it up with any of the best television shows I've seen (Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Batman: The Animated Series, Lost, etc.).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 13th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
I had mixed feelings going into the series ... but the series has grown throughout the season and is seemingly getting better as the season progresses, imo. It remains on the DVR list.
Old May 13th, 2013, 10:43 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Sorry, Bats, but Nolan had me until Dark Knight Rises. You can't say that your approach is to have a more reality based version of a superhero and then in the finale of said franchise have the hero survive a nuclear detonation and still consider yourself reality-based. Whereas, many comic-movies have plot holes in, I think people are more willing to forgive when it comes to Batman. For instance, how is the big reveal in Ironman 3 any different than the reveal about Henri Ducard in Batman Begins? Its not, its just that people are more willing to overlook something like that for some reason because Batman is involved. Personally, I loved that aspect in both movies, I;m just shocked because it was so readily accepted in Batman Begins (never once heard it mentioned as a negative), but it is one of the things most criticized about IM3.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape