Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

Old May 28th, 2017, 01:54 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Contest Thread: The Uncharted Wellsprings

Here is my humble submission. Thanks for running the contest!

Click here for the PDF

In the vast wind and snow swept tundra of Thaelenk, a hidden valley lies nestled among glaciers of ice and drifts of powder. In the valley resides a powerful wellspring that has been highly sought by all of the generals of Valhalla. The Thaeberian Wellsprings bring life – causing tree, bush, and grass to grow if roots can absorb the healing waters . . . and renewed life to those adventurers who can quench their thirst with the sweet liquid.
Old May 28th, 2017, 02:49 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Looks great nomad

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 28th, 2017, 04:32 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
My entry to the Uncharted Wellsprings Contest:

A Couple Puddles
A nearly dried up wellspring. Only a small amount of power remains to be claimed.

Download

Uses:
1 RotV
1 Marvel
1 RttF

I may make changes to this map before the deadline. We shall see.

I really like the simplicity of this map a lot. One point from our tips is to make all glyphs available to double-spaced figures. A small tweak that would help your map have a better chance would be to add another tile next to your outside glyphs, so that double-spaced figures can access those glyphs as well.
Old May 28th, 2017, 05:21 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Here is my humble submission. Thanks for running the contest!

Click here for the PDF

In the vast wind and snow swept tundra of Thaelenk, a hidden valley lies nestled among glaciers of ice and drifts of powder. In the valley resides a powerful wellspring that has been highly sought by all of the generals of Valhalla. The Thaeberian Wellsprings bring life – causing tree, bush, and grass to grow if roots can absorb the healing waters . . . and renewed life to those adventurers who can quench their thirst with the sweet liquid.
Really liking this map, well done Nomad!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 28th, 2017, 09:25 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks for getting a picture for me, @TREX ! @AlltheJudges, am I allowed to have a custom rule for the Glyph of Brandar for my submission? If so, here is my (first) submission:

Wasted Swampland

Link to file

As Utgar's power grew, the other generals grew desperate. Einar recalled Utgar mentioning the possibility of a lost wellspring, deep within the Valley of Skulls, near the border of the Valcarren and the Uncharted Swamps in the Ticalla Jungle. In an attempt to form a strong-point in the middle of Utgar's dominion, an expedition was sent out to find this wellspring and claim it for the forces of good in Valhalla. Along with the mighty warriors, was a little Goomonkey...

Through the desolate Valley of Skulls we marched for what felt like years, with little more than the occasional Obsidian Guard to deal with. One day, one of our Venoc scouts (Vaughn) came back with good news, he had found a patch of jungle in the otherwise barren Valley; this life could only mean the magic of the Wellsprings was present.

With newfound enthusiasm we charged on and arrived at the swamp in less than a day. If only we had known what we would find there...

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Last edited by Dr.Goomonkey; May 30th, 2017 at 07:15 PM.
Old May 28th, 2017, 10:03 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey View Post
@AlltheJudges, am I allowed to have a custom rule for the Glyph of Brandar for my submission?
As stated previously, and in this threads OP, the Wellspring(s) must be indicated by at least 1 powerside up power glyph. Special instructions can be added in the build instructions under a "For casual play" heading ( or something's similar to that). No tournament balanced maps contain custom special instructions using Brandar Glyphs and we want to keep to that.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 28th, 2017, 10:45 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey View Post
@AlltheJudges, am I allowed to have a custom rule for the Glyph of Brandar for my submission?
As stated previously, and in this threads OP, the Wellspring(s) must be indicated by at least 1 powerside up power glyph. Special instructions can be added in the build instructions under a "For casual play" heading ( or something's similar to that). No tournament balanced maps contain custom special instructions using Brandar Glyphs and we want to keep to that.
Okay, that makes a lot of sense. I'll replace it with something official at some point (though Grasping Tendrils is a blast, if I do say so myself ).

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old May 29th, 2017, 04:14 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I would like to update my submission.

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...o=file&id=4648

The ruins of a once great yet unknown city lay scattered about. What once stood here, was likely built to harness and protect the powers of the wellspring. It is not known what caused the destruction. All that remains are a couple tiny puddles, though some small amount of power still remains to be claimed.
Old May 29th, 2017, 10:45 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

My second submission:

Vergence 2.5
Requires: 2 BftU, 1 TJ

Spoiler Alert!

Background:
Days ago, our army diverged into the Underdark. Now, at this very hour, it converges on this Wellspring, ready to fight anyone who dare try to keep us from claiming its power.

Last edited by Sheep; June 3rd, 2017 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Updating map submission
Old May 29th, 2017, 12:13 PM

Really like this map @heroscaper2010 , BUT I will say we're pretty stickler about power Glyphs being reached within the first turn (per the tips section of our contest guidelines). Having the anti-flying glyph is actually a VERY strong glyph against the right army builds, and the flying ability is very common to have in competitive tournament builds, and having an anti-fly glyph so accessible and close to the startzone is very imbalanced. Even though it affects both teams, if one army is only made of Fliers and the other is not, this will really imbalance the game because the opposing army won't really be able to easily contest that glyph. Flying is a very competitive power to have in tournaments and I fear having those Glyphs really is a detriment to this map and the potential score it could receive. THe reason I say this is because I really like the map, but I feel those wind Glyphs detract from the playability of this map especially when they are 1 space outside the startzone. That and most tournament maps don't have 6 power Glyphs and 4 treasure Glyphs...that's just a little too busy. I think if you take away both Rannveig Glyphs this map will be a lot more balanced for tournament play.

Sir Heroscape's Content

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; May 29th, 2017 at 12:38 PM.
Old May 29th, 2017, 12:26 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I agree with sir h. The map is beautiful looking. The excessive glyphs detract from it.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 29th, 2017, 03:49 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here are my submissions for the contest! Pretty happy with these two maps, but always open to feedback!

Marshall Law

Requirements: 1 SotM, 1 FotA, 1 TJ
Glyphs: Wannok, Dagmar

Spoiler Alert!

Everglades and Evergreens

Requirements: 1 SotM, 1 RttFF
Glyphs: Wannok, Dagmar

Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla