Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 14th, 2018, 04:23 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Freelance Feedback Focus Group (3FG) - New Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I'm looking for more feedback on a design that I'd like to submit to the SoV fairly soon (it enters production near the end of this month, which is when availability would be the best). Here's the current design:

These are some specific things that I'm looking for more feedback on (although I do welcome thoughts on any part of the design):
  • How does the name sound? My knowledge of Japanese extends only to Google Translate, but this translates to "Terror" and "Demon," respectively.
  • Does the design match the miniature? I got feedback in my own thread noting that the sculpt seemed more like a mage than the card implied, so I'm curious if Arcane Protection adequately conveys the magical aspect. I have potential balance concerns about giving him a ranged attack, so I nodded to Sharwin Wildborn's Arcane Riposte instead.
  • Does the nod to Akumaken come across well? Aura of Terror is obviously inspired by his Mask of Terror (which makes sense to me because Akumaken's mask would be based off of demons such as this), so I'm curious as to how well the theme comes across and whether it stands enough on its own.
The miniature looks as if it is holding either an off color flame or my first thought was it was a soul or life force. A demon using souls is not a bad idea. I dont feel like the ranged counterstrike ability really works here. It doesnt really go to well.with the first ability. My first impression of a terrifying demon, even one in my army isnt really one that protects his comrades with the ranged counterstrike ability. I would stick with his first ability but make it enemy figures only. If he is on their team they shouldnt fear him hurting them. Give him counterstrike to keep the samurai theme. Id then incorporate the third ability into the model. Maybe have the souls of his fallen enemies protect him or use them to empower him somehow. Maybe an increase to defense.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards