Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 9th, 2018, 01:29 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Bigga Battle Chronicles

Utah Monthly - May 2018 - General Wars 525

Both of the Ant squads that VC has put out have always intrigued me, so a couple months ago I went and bought a bag of the Xualtica Fire Ants from Amazon, landing a total of 192 ants (no idea why they couldn’t just go up to an even 200, but oh well). More than I needed for myself, of course, but I figured that I could keep six squads for myself and then have 42 squads left over to use as prizes at our Monthlies (4 or 5 squads at a time — I feel like it would be nice for players to be able to leave with half of a new army). So I picked 24 of the most unique Ants that connected with me personally, and created my Ant family (being Ringo, John, Paul, George, Antony, Bryant, Jordant, sAnta, Timothy, Edward, Dimitri, Wallace, Julianne, Heather, Shoshauna, Jill, Stephanie, Heather, Jackie, Sharon, Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, and Michelangelo). Then, when I saw the point limit for this format, I had to use them since the army fit perfectly:

BiggaBullfrog’s Army:
Xualtica Fire Ants x6 55 (330)
Quahon 190
Total: 520 Points/25 Figures (Drop one ant)

Boy oh boy was I ready for some stinging/swarming map control action. Although, in a game I played with the Ants before the tourney (against True’s Arrow Grut army), I tried stinging everything I could and felt that it wasn’t working well enough. So I did some research and looked up AliasQTip’s Dice Probability Chart. Turns out, often attacks of 2 are going to have as good or better odds of inflicting a wound on a figure (when that figure has 3 or 4 defense), so I printed off a copy to use during my games. Basically in gameplay that meant that I would usually make normal attacks with my Ants until I was engaged with at least 5, preferably 6 different enemy figures, at which I would start rolling for stinging damage. High defense figures changed things, of course, and Heroes I would almost always normally attack (especially with height) unless they were almost completely surrounded (as you’re more likely to get multiple sounds off of attacks than rolling a D20 where if you miss the first roll, you’re done for the turn).

Basically, there were a lot of decision points with this army, and I loved it.

Game 1
Spoiler Alert!

Game 2
Spoiler Alert!

Game 3
Spoiler Alert!

Game 4
Spoiler Alert!

Great fun tournament! Xualtica Fire Ants come highly recommended as a fun (and surprisingly powerful) army to run.

In other news, after updating my tournament lists (I keep track of the Utah meta, what units have been played, as well as my own tournament lists of units played and win/loss record) I realized that, with this tournament, I have played 100 tournament games (in 23 tournaments), which is pretty neat! (Or at least I think it is.) So, for those who want to indulge in myself with me, I’m posting here some snapshot statistics for funzies (and so I can come back and look at where I was).

Probably most interesting to people is my win/loss record, which is 69/31. That means I have a 69% win rate. I have a soft goal of bumping that up to 75%, as that’s where I’d ideally like to be, but 69% isn’t half bad (in fact, it’s only 31% bad). (EDIT - Forgot to mention probably the other most interesting thing here: I've played in 23 tournaments and won 3 of them, a significantly lower statistic than my overall win rate.)

This goal does take a back seat to my goal of seeing every unit in both Classic and VC played at a Utah Monthly, though, which may affect my win rate (Groks only do so well, but I enjoy the challenge of that goal more than the winning one). This year I have played at least one unplayed figure in each army, and still have some units from last year that I’m the only one to have played (Ashigaru/Kato probably being my favorites from last year). I’ll keep playing unplayed units until they’ve all seen play at a Monthly.

Speaking of units that I’ve played, I have a running list of those in addition to the one I keep for the Utah Monthlies as a whole. The numbers work like this: Number of armies/Unit/Total amount played (for commons/uncommons). So 3 Warforged (x8 ) means I’ve played Warforged in 3 armies, with 8 squads played total (in this case, two armies with three squads and one with two).
Spoiler Alert!

Most of the individual army lists can be found in my battle reports, with the exceptions of Utah NHSD 2014 where I played Grimnak, Nerak, Heavies x3, Syvarris, and Eldgrim (going 2-2), and the Goblin Throw Down 2016 in Idaho where I ran Venoc Warlord, Venoc Vipers x5, and Q9 (going 2-1).

All in all, it’s been a gas, and I’m super lucky to live where Heroscape is played so much, and with such a variety of people (I regularly get to play against new players as well as experienced ones). Here’s looking forward to the next 100 games! (In a tournament. Including playtesting, I’d hit that pretty quickly … )

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; September 13th, 2018 at 09:42 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports