Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old August 17th, 2015, 10:30 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: Season 21 Round 2 Until 8/23

I think the problem is that it the diceoff is worth different amounts to different pools of armies in different rounds, so the most fair way is to let the actual dice equalize themselves and not use an equalizer at all. But I guess I am the only complainer so you guys can do what you want.
Old August 17th, 2015, 11:02 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
I think the problem is that it the diceoff is worth different amounts to different pools of armies in different rounds, so the most fair way is to let the actual dice equalize themselves and not use an equalizer at all. But I guess I am the only complainer so you guys can do what you want.
Your argument is not an argument for dropping the equalizer, per se. Because if you're right, and the set of circumstances surrounding diceoffs are simply too complex and chaotic to be equalized by any means, then using an equalizer is no better or worse than not using it. In that case, the equalizer is simply a different flavor of random, and certainly not worse than nothing at all.
Old August 17th, 2015, 11:04 PM

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

No, the problem comes because for some players, it is desirable to win the diceoff in certain rounds and lose it in others. The diceoff equalizer makes that more likely to occur if it happens once, which is an actual problem.
Old August 17th, 2015, 11:08 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
No, the problem comes because for some players, it is desirable to win the diceoff in certain rounds and lose it in others.
That's only true in an a posteriori sense. You may think "I want to lose in HoB and win in CoB", but you may find that due to maps and matchups the opposite is true.

Quote:
The diceoff equalizer makes that more likely to occur if it happens once.
Also only true in an extremely narrow way, largely only observable after the fact, and much less likely now that HoB is worth half.
Old August 17th, 2015, 11:10 PM

Okay, but no matter what sense you use, in a format where winning and losing the diceoff changes in desirability from round to round, and equalizer is inherently less equal than true randomness.

I don't really want to argue about this anymore since you know what I am saying.
Old August 18th, 2015, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Okay, but no matter what sense you use, in a format where winning and losing the diceoff changes in desirability from round to round, and equalizer is inherently less equal than true randomness.
That's only true if it changes in a discernible pattern and the equalizer's effects run counter to that same pattern.
Old August 18th, 2015, 09:48 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

mtl and I are starting. I have the Cathar, and he has the Fire Ants.
Old August 19th, 2015, 10:32 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Smithy and I are playing tonight hopefully at 9ET. I have my Protectors, he's got his Mariedans.

Looking forward to finally playing again!

EDIT: Postponed to another day.

Last edited by superfrog; August 19th, 2015 at 10:16 PM.
Old August 19th, 2015, 12:09 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Bengi (Thralls) and I (Shades) are going to get started now.

EDIT: I won with 4 shades and 2 Dumutefs left.

I went 0/15 on Soul Devour, but was still able to work my way through Nic and the Varja, even after Varja hit his OM removal on me. That left a handful of Shades and Dumutefs against all 8 Thralls and the 2 ninjas. I held Wannok fast doing 5 of the final 10 wounds to his army and he wasn't able to get to me fast enough, even with Valda.

Last edited by kevindola; August 19th, 2015 at 01:18 PM.
Old August 20th, 2015, 08:07 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapebot View Post
The Ixe (0-1) v. Taeblewalker (0-1) pool of armies is:
* Varkaanan Blade Dancers x6, Johnny "Shotgun" Sullivan, Isamu
* Rygarn, Ebon Armor, Izumi Samurai, Tagawa Samurai, Tarn Viking Warriors, Tomoe Gozen
* Airborne Elite, Anubian Wolves x5, Khosumet the Darklord
* 10th Regiment of Foot x4, Braxas, Marro Warriors (drop 1)
Taeblewalker chooses to pick armies first or second. After armies are picked, Ixe chooses who places first.
Taeblewalker are playing now.
Old August 21st, 2015, 11:58 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Now

Kinseth/Dysole starting up. I have Romans. He has Dwarves.

~Dysole, who almost wrote dwerrow
Old August 21st, 2015, 04:44 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I was able to pull it out vs Dysole, with some Crazy B11 action. Early on the Romans and Azzy ran right through my army. Downing dwarves and crushing Asterios. My dwarves kept using the dull parts of their blade vs the hydra. 8 attacks of 5vs6 and only inflicted 1 wound.

Looking grim, it was 2 B11's, Mogg and a lone dwarf vs Hydra(3 life) Azzy(4 Life) and Eltahale(3 life) and a couple of romans. B11's manage to kill 270 points worth of units, and steal the game for me. I ended up having 1 B11, a Dwarf and Mog with I think 3 lives left.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events