Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 10th, 2017, 03:24 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: MCC-Makers of Custom Cards-turning customs from text to

Hello guys,

Just a quick note to announce that now, it is possible to request army cards with @Soundwarp SG-1 custom generals. And the best is that the cards will be made by myself with high resolution blanks (same resolution as the High Res master cards available with MSE) !

Just a small preview, with a card made for @Lazy Orang :

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old June 14th, 2017, 12:11 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Cool, thanks for doing these

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old June 14th, 2017, 01:12 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Cool, thanks for doing these
My pleasure. @mac122 first asked me if it was possible to create the High Res versions so that he makes an asset for MSE.

I finally made the asset myself by curiosity... it did not worked at first try, but I tried again when @Lazy Orang wanted some Luselene Army cards... et voilą.

The only issue for now is that I can't share easily the style asset. My general MSE style file is heavily customed and I have to clean it up to be able to share everything working...

French Forum's admin.
Old December 22nd, 2017, 03:48 PM

aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker

Anyone up for a challenge? I would like to see if any one can take this alternative figure I painted and make a custom Morgoloth. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns

Later I will ask if someone can help with this guy too, but right now I haven't decided on how I want to design this guy's card..

Old December 23rd, 2017, 04:34 PM
Marcel Marceau

Happy Merry Christmas @aksisu11
Link for your Morgoloth here.

Preview :
Spoiler Alert!

French Forum's admin.
Old December 23rd, 2017, 04:49 PM

aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
Happy Merry Christmas @aksisu11
Link for your Morgoloth here.

Preview :
Spoiler Alert!
Looks great! Thanks for doing that!
Old December 27th, 2017, 04:45 PM

Ok I think I came up with the information I would like to see made into a card for the dragon:

Name: Lithyss

General: Aquilla
Species: Dragon
Type: Unique Hero
Class: Queen
Personality: Wild
Size: Huge-8

Life: 6
Move: 6
Range: 1
Attack: 5
Defense: 3
Point Value: 150

Poison Gas Special Attack:
Range 4. Attack 4. Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the targeted figure are also affected by Poison Gas Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

Dragon Scale Hide:
When rolling defense dice, if Lithyss rolls at least one shield, the most wounds Lithyss may take for this attack is one.

Flying:
When counting spaces for Lithyss movement, ignore elevations. Lithyss may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Lithyss starts to fly, if she is engaged she will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Oh and I thought this would be an awesome custom card too :

Name: Zygax

General: Ullar
Species: Lizardfolk
Type: Unique Hero
Class: Warlord
Personality: Fearsome
Size: Medium 5

Life: 6
Move: 5
Range: 1
Attack: 4
Defense: 4
Point Value: 130

TRUE LEADERSHIP
If an engaged small or medium friendly figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Zygax whose base is no more than 2 levels higher or lower than the base of Zygax. Is attacked by a normal attack by an adjacent opponent's figure, you may switch Zygax with the chosen figure. Figures moved by True Leadership never take any leaving engagement attacks.

SWAMP STRENGTH
When Zygax is on a swamp, or swamp water space, add 1 to his attack, defense, and movement.

Here's the mini:
Old December 27th, 2017, 04:54 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I don't intend to discourage the use of this thread, or to downplay DanieLoche's awesome work, but I think that if you follow the link in my signature you could make yourself some great-looking cards without too much effort.

If not, I'm sure somebody will take this shortly.
Old December 27th, 2017, 07:37 PM
Marcel Marceau

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I don't intend to discourage the use of this thread, or to downplay DanieLoche's awesome work, but I think that if you follow the link in my signature you could make yourself some great-looking cards without too much effort.

I don't want to legitimate the effortless decision of custom markers to go through MCC, but I want to add that it is completely normal that a lot of people are not used to image edition softwares (and even less with Gimp ^^), and in such case the use of MCC seems completely legit and advisable.
However, it is a really nice thing having such tutorial to make an army card by yourself from scratch, and the X-2 Custom Card Creator is a really valuable resource that has to be shown ! All in all, thank you to point out this link out there.

French Forum's admin.
Old December 28th, 2017, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post

I don't want to legitimate the effortless decision of custom markers to go through MCC, but I want to add that it is completely normal that a lot of people are not used to image edition softwares (and even less with Gimp ^^), and in such case the use of MCC seems completely legit and advisable.
However, it is a really nice thing having such tutorial to make an army card by yourself from scratch, and the X-2 Custom Card Creator is a really valuable resource that has to be shown ! All in all, thank you to point out this link out there.
I greatly appreciate all the help and advise I have received from this community. I have dabbled here and there with creating custom cards but I haven't been super satisfied :/

I may be a bit of a perfectionist, and that causes me to spend more time than I have creating cards.

I have used MSE to create cards, but the only thing I dislike is when I add the figure's image I lose the background affects. Basically it just looks black. Is there a way around this in MSE?

DanieLoche any many other MCC peps are simply amazing! That's why I have leaned on them for assisting me until I feel comfortable creating cards that look close to theirs, and have time to practice. Any helpful tips are greatly appreciated! Like do you prefer MSE or X-2 Custom Card Creator. Hope everyone has a great New Years!!
Old December 28th, 2017, 11:52 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksisu11 View Post
[I have used MSE to create cards, but the only thing I dislike is when I add the figure's image I lose the background affects. Basically it just looks black. Is there a way around this in MSE?
Are you saving the image as a PNG with transparent background?

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old December 28th, 2017, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aksisu11 View Post
[I have used MSE to create cards, but the only thing I dislike is when I add the figure's image I lose the background affects. Basically it just looks black. Is there a way around this in MSE?
Are you saving the image as a PNG with transparent background?
I think I figured it out! How does this look?

Looks good enough for me! Thanks for the help Mac!!

Last edited by aksisu11; December 28th, 2017 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Added second card

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards