Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old February 6th, 2010, 11:29 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: Matt Helm's Customs 2/5 *Fantastic Four, Wendigo

What about if he inflicts a wound you move the defending figure to an adjacent empty space & continue on for another 3 space until no wounds are inflicted on a defending figure. I have no idea where to start wording that but damn it would be fun you can just imagine the figures being flung out of the way .

Cheers
Old February 9th, 2010, 12:38 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Matt Helm's Customs 2/7 *Juggernaut, Wendigo, FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Um... you are aware that that wave was finished long ago. Those units are already designed and playtested... and quite fun.
Even a pro can sometimes get too confident. I had been hanging around the less frequented part of town, an area where a few rookies had been trying to make names for themselves. Must have been a couple dog lovers in their youth as they called themselves the wolves or the wulfs or something similar that sounded like another High School mascot. But I certainly didn't expect another pro killer lurking the streets.

I knew the kid with the boomstick was patrolling over there, and I got to say, he was doing a pretty fine job in roping the new amateurs in. The scene gets awful crowded sometimes and you need to thin out the hair once in a while but these kids were fresh on the job and I wasn't in the mood to see blood spilled. Especially the kind that still had milk in it.

I noticed the collector there too. One successful job and it seemed the he-man woman haters club was out and about puffing out their chests and actually trying to train the young hoodlums.

I laughed a little as I slipped across the dark street, but I didn't make a sound. My mistake was in getting too confident with the lighting. Not knowing the streets on that side of town and failing to scout out the traffic patterns, I failed to plan for the headlights coming from the south side. It only took a second but he hit me.

I felt the pain in the right calf and stumbled but didn't fall. A less experienced agent might have been shocked by the unfamiliar feeling but I knew what hit me. It wasn't the first time a crossbow assassin had hit me, and luckily, both times it was non lethal. Some day I'll get erased from the board, but hopefully, it will be on my terms.

I limped behind a dumpster and snapped the back end off of the arrow as quickly as I could. I then pulled from the other side and with a grimace was able to pull it through.

Leaning against the cold bricks I pulled out the zippo to see if I recognized the bolt. Some of my past associates fancied this weapon on occasion and they usually liked to leave their mark. It was an ego thing. Unfortunately, it told me nothing.

Then I heard the footsteps and the whisper.

"Matt... Matt... are you there," he called from the shadows, "Are you alright? I have a message from Mac and he thinks that someone is gunning for you."

I grabbed him from the back of the collar and pulled him hard behind the dumpster so that the front of his shirt cut into his throat and prevented him from saying any more.

"So who's the big gun with sweet little shot," I asked as I turned Sherman toward me. He was a good agent and I'd worked a few jobs with him before. Luckily, our agendas never conflicted because It would have been sad to take him out.

"Are you hurt?" he said, "cause that looks like some serious blood on your leg, man... do you need a doctor."

"Who is he," I said again, ignoring the pain and ignoring the senseless questions. I was alive, I could walk, and the old dog just got wiser,"I want a name."

"I'm not sure," he said," but that Balantai guy was across the street when we both thought we saw you scamper across the shadows. And then Balantai said something about you and your cockiness and how you should never mess with the pineapple under the sea. I didn't know what he meant, but I was sure it was odd enough considering what Mac had told me about the hit on you."

"There's always a hit out on me Sherm, don't you or Mack worry about it, because I sure won't." I handed him the two pieces of the broken arrow and continued, "You spread the word that poor old Matt Helm caught one where it hurts and now sleeps with the sponges."

"Why?"

"Because no one thinks of wasting a cap in a man already dead, unless of course that dead man sneaks up behind you and snuffs you out. By that time it's kind of too late."

Last edited by Matt Helm; February 9th, 2010 at 12:44 AM.
Old February 9th, 2010, 02:24 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

So is that what it takes to get a story out of you?

We just have to put you in your place. Hmmm, good to know .

Thank you for the chuckle.

Cheers
Old February 9th, 2010, 02:40 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That's a great figure pic of Juggernaut! Did one of you (or Hahma) snap that one?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 9th, 2010, 03:41 AM

Yeah that was mine.
Old February 9th, 2010, 09:34 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Matt, that was up there with your best. I was grinning ear to ear the whole time I was reading it.
Old February 9th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Yeah that was mine.
Nicely done.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 10th, 2010, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Yeah that was mine.
Nicely done.
Yeah I know how to use my camera , even if it isn't as good as yours. I just need the figures.
Old February 9th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

You played a big part in that chapter my friend, you can now run out and tell the ladies that you're a star in a Matt Helm novella.
Old February 10th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Captain Underpants

OK pal, I've got some J'onn J'onzz fixes for you. I've decided to eliminate the Special Attack as I couldn't really remember why I wanted it on there other than to represent his ability to Shapeshift. I instead, decided to use the same power we have on the Skrulls, he's just better at it. That allowed me to clean him up.

I've got two options for you. The first one seperates FLYING and INTANGIBILITY, so that he can still pass through figures and walls if a Count Vertigo negates his Flying. I just don't like having 2 distinct movement abilities when they are so close to each other (the disengage aspect). It seems like a waste of space (yeah I know I did it on Namor but the water thing is hidden nicely in a water based power).

---------------------------------------------------------
TELEPATHIC COMMAND
Instead of taking a turn with J’onn J’onnz, you may take a turn with any other Unique Hero you control.

SHAPESHIFT CAMOUFLAGE 8
When J’onn J’onnz is targeted for a normal attack from a non-adjacent opponent, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 8 or higher, J’onn J’onnz no longer has a visible hit zone for the duration of the targeting figures turn.

INTANGIBILITY
J’onn J’onnz can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. He may move and attack through obstacles such as ruins and may pass through overhangs in either direction.

STEALTH FLYING
When counting spaces for J’onn J’onnz’ movement, ignore elevations. J’onn J’onnz may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When J’onn J’onnz starts to fly, if he is engaged he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPERSTRENGTH

-----------------------------------------------------------
Now the second option I like better. It again combines the Phantom with the Flying but goes unconvential so technically, Count Vertigo couldn't stop J'onn from "ignoring elevations". It's almost like his Martian physiology makes him immune to the Vertigo effect.

I like this version but let me know what you think...

-------------------------------------------------------------
TELEPATHIC COMMAND
Instead of taking a turn with J’onn J’onnz, you may take a turn with any other Unique Hero you control.

SHAPESHIFT CAMOUFLAGE 8

When J’onn J’onnz is targeted for a normal attack from a non-adjacent opponent, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 8 or higher, J’onn J’onnz no longer has a visible hit zone for the duration of the targeting figures turn.

PHANTOM MOVEMENT

When counting spaces for J’onn J’onnz’ movement, ignore elevations. J’onn J’onnz may move over water without stopping and pass through obstacles such as ruins and overhangs. J’onn J’onnz can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

SUPERSTRENGTH

----------------------------------------------------------------
Of course, maybe we can come up with something that sounds better than Phantom Movement but the body has to make sense and I thought "move" was the best word to use instead of flying.
Old February 11th, 2010, 03:01 AM

Updated:

I liked the second version better also.

Also here's another update:

Cheers
Old February 11th, 2010, 03:22 AM

Now we have to discuss the ESS-1 Police.
Current wording:
GAS GRENADE
If none of the ESS-1 Police Force moves this turn, choose a figure within 4 spaces of a selected ESS-1 Police Force figure. The chosen figure and all figures adjacent to this chosen figure are affected by the Gas Grenade and will roll 1 fewer defense dice this turn. You may then move and attack with up to 2 ESS-1 Police Force figures, other than the initial selected figure.

First of all it should be "less" not "fewer". But otherwise the wording isn't Matt Helm slick. I don't know if this is any better but IMO it is closer to HS text (loosely based on DW9K Explosion SA).

GAS GRENADE
Before moving any ESS-1 Police Force, you may throw a Gas Grenade. Choose a figure to attack within 4 spaces of a selected ESS-1 Police Force figure. All figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the Gas Grenade. All affected figures roll 1 less defense dice this turn. The selected ESS-1 Police Force figure cannot move or attack this turn. You can only move and attack with up to 2 ESS-1 Police Force figures this turn.

Cheers

Last edited by A3n; February 11th, 2010 at 05:24 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations