Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old June 12th, 2015, 04:56 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Bramcephys

A bit of advice on purchasing the alternate figure for 6 bucks (sorry about the cross-post, but in hindsight the Book of Bram is a more appropriate place for this)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
You can still find these guys at Michael's Arts and Crafts stores, or online. He's made by Safari (name: Cyclops) and he costs $9.99 - $12.99.
For those interested in the alternate Bramcephys, I got mine for $6 + tax, and you can, too. Keep an eye on the printable coupons at the Michael's website; they routinely offer 40% off any one regularly-priced item. Right now they have 30% off your entire order through tomorrow (Saturday).

(You can do the same thing at Hobby Lobby to get your civil war guys for $6 per pack instead of $10, if you're willing to buy one pack at a time.)

In case you don't live near a Michael's store, the coupons can often be used online as well. They do have the Cyclops in their online store for $9.99 before coupon, and you can hover over the image to see the detail in very high resolution. The cartoony, malproportioned Mage Knight figure has never worked for me, but I couldn't be more pleased with how the alternate figure looks on the battlefield. (And his feet are well positioned for a peanut base, even if you need to cover the peg holes on a base stolen from a spare Mimring.)

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old June 12th, 2015, 05:03 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

That's a nice figure. I'm just commenting to make sure you and others are aware it's not an official alternative sculpt (which some units do have, hence the potential for confusion).
Old June 12th, 2015, 05:14 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
That's a nice figure. I'm just commenting to make sure you and others are aware it's not an official alternative sculpt (which some units do have, hence the potential for confusion).
Please don't take this the wrong way here but "it's not an official alternative sculpt" to a custom project? That kinda makes me chuckle a bit... Of course Just_a_Bill can use whatever sculpt he wants, and his group agrees on in my book.
Old June 12th, 2015, 05:17 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Please don't take this the wrong way here but "it's not an official alternative sculpt" to a custom project? That kinda makes me chuckle a bit...

I did put "official" in quotes but then took them out because I'm trying to kick my habit of overusing them.

I agree completely that proxying is good and encouraged and anyone can use any sculpts those they play with are happy with.

Mostly what I was trying to do though was get into the conversation early to subtly encourage use of "alternative" rather than "alternate".
Old June 12th, 2015, 05:22 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Please don't take this the wrong way here but "it's not an official alternative sculpt" to a custom project? That kinda makes me chuckle a bit...

I did put "official" in quotes but then took them out because I'm trying to kick my habit of overusing them.

Mostly what I was trying to do though was get into the conversation early to subtly encourage use of "alternative" rather than "alternate".
Personally I got away from "quotes" and now overuse italics!

My real hope is that you guys eventually just use the Safari Cyclops sculpt, as it fits into Heroscape perfectly.

Grishnakh - Helping to support the gladiators need a giant campaign.

Meanwhile, Just_a_Bill and I are going to paint our second copy of the Safari Cyclops green and just use him!
Old July 6th, 2015, 03:36 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

If anyone who hasn't picked up their Bramcephys yet is going to GenCon, I have a few extras (still in box) that I am able to sell for $5. Just send me a PM letting me know that you are interested in one and we can work out a time.

Last edited by vegietarian18; July 7th, 2015 at 01:18 AM.
Old December 18th, 2016, 09:19 AM
Admin & Retired PuppetMaster

LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Happy Holidays...

And now for a little more 'fun' thread necromancy...

The fig used for Bramcephys is the 'deal of the day' at Hill's Wholesale Gaming for today (Sunday, 18 December). Right now he's $3 plus shipping. His regular price is $8. Just F.Y.I., for anybody who might need a last-minute stocking stuffer for that little 'Scaper in your life...

^_^
-LordRaidor-

...Experience the Curse... (Click for Details)
[Don't Have 'Permission'? Click Here to Give Yourself Access...]
Old June 18th, 2017, 04:42 PM

Dark_Stranger knows what's in an order marker Dark_Stranger knows what's in an order marker

So, my Bramcephys will be shipping soon, and I was wondering...when I rebase him, is he sturdy enough to just stick in the freezer for a few minutes and then pull free, like Mok? Or will I be better off using an exacto knife and some elbow grease?
Old June 26th, 2017, 05:59 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

The foot of mine broke when I pulled him off, and I had to exacto anyway. Some super glue fixed his foot up pretty good though.
Old July 3rd, 2017, 07:24 AM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Bram is consistently disappointing to me. On paper he should perform well, but he either abruptly dies before he is "enraged" or the one or two times I've gotten him to enrage, he has whiffed completely on his rolls for his extra turns.

I don't even think its him, I think my rolls are just cursed with him. Doesn't help that in multiplayer he looks so imposing that I think people instinctively go after him.
Old July 3rd, 2017, 09:44 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I wouldn't bring him to a multiplayer thing. Even in competitive play, people will overlook the higher value targets and, instead, shoot at the ones that are the shiniest. And Bram is the shiniest of all.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 3rd, 2017, 12:12 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

But when he does become enraged, boy is he destructive. I tried him with viking spirits, and that was pretty intimidating. Bram did need to do all of the heavy lifting however...

At least his potential 4 attacks per turn allows him to do it.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs