Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old November 23rd, 2009, 01:08 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - 11/22 - Vulture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Sorry for the delayed reply, Hahma. I was busy playing 'Scape with Bats in Binhamton.

Anyway - yes, I've read that issue, as I still collect Amazing. Good to hear that superhero comics are still available in grocery stores where you live. Most grocery stores I know of only carry Archies if they carry comics at all.

If you're interested in one of the best "old-school" style Spidey stories from recent years, I'd highly recommend Amazing Spider-Man #578 and 579. A great little two-part story by writer Mark Waid and artist Marcos Martin that's an instant classic. Here are the covers, by the awesome Mr. Martin:

Also, I just realized I had a Spidey villain floating around that I hadn't posted yet:

Thanks for the heads up on those issues SD, I'll look for them. And your Vulture looks pretty cool...for a vulture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
You should've stopped by Wegman's while you were up here, Sherm! They've got comics there too.
Oh I remember the Danny Wegman stores from my 7 years near Rochester. Good to see they carry comics too.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 23rd, 2009, 01:09 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

True, and she sells regular books as well. There's another comic shop in the tri-city area, so between the two I'm usually OK.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 5th, 2009, 10:59 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Okay, my next project is gonna be customs for the Fantastic Four, so I figured I'd start with the simplest member:

Obviously, he's just a slower, more vulnerable version of Iron Man. He does pack a powerful special attack, but one which will only be used in desperation. I considered giving his Nova Attack 7 dice, but thought that would encourage too many players to use him as a flying suicide bomber.
Old December 5th, 2009, 11:17 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - 12/05 - Human Torch

Looks good SD. Personally I would have put the Double Attack at the top as that's the one that would be used the most out of the two. But that's it. Great card. You just hope you don't whif the Nova Flame dice roll .

Cheers
Old December 5th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Very nice card SD, as usual.

I really like the idea behind Nova Flame Special Attack. It's not something he will take using lightly.

Speaking of which, should it say "all special powers on his card are negated..."?

Also, should range be special instead of 6 since it's not just a direct range of 6 attack. Being a radius attack, wouldn't that make the range special?

Did you keep his move down to 5 just to keep him slower than the official Iron Man and Silver Surfer?

Could his defense be a little higher considering he'd often be a moving target and his flame should melt many objects before getting him?

I really like the card, I just wondered what were the thoughts behind the lowered move and defense.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 6th, 2009, 02:59 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I would bump his move up by one, both because Johnny's a fairly fast guy, and because if he does go nova, a move of 3 just seems ridiculously low, but 4 I think would be palatable.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 6th, 2009, 03:04 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

You can bump the Nova attack up to 7 if you limit it to only be used if the Human Torch has at least 2 wound markers (or 3 wound markers). Then he basically becomes a Time Bomb before he goes out.

Although, I do see that as more of a Jim Hammond power.
Old December 6th, 2009, 05:21 AM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
You just hope you don't whif the Nova Flame dice roll .
Yup, another reason I considered bumping Nova Flame to 7 dice. I hate rolling 1 skull on a 6-dice attack roll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Speaking of which, should it say "all special powers on his card are negated..."?

Did you keep his move down to 5 just to keep him slower than the official Iron Man and Silver Surfer?

Could his defense be a little higher considering he'd often be a moving target and his flame should melt many objects before getting him?

I really like the card, I just wondered what were the thoughts behind the lowered move and defense.
Great questions, Hahma:

- Yup, I'll make it "special powers" in the final draft.
- Sort of; I don't envision Johnny as fast or as long-ranged a flier as Iron Man, thus the 5 move. Mostly though, it was done to keep him in the under-200 point range. Ditto for the 4 defense; I figured the protective flame is sorta balanced out by Johnny's lack of formal combat training and overall cockiness and overconfidence.

That said, taking a closer look at him makes him look kinda chumpy next to Nilfheim at 185 points. I may end up bumping Johnny's life to a 5 to keep him at 190 points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
You can bump the Nova attack up to 7 if you limit it to only be used if the Human Torch has at least 2 wound markers (or 3 wound markers). Then he basically becomes a Time Bomb before he goes out.

Although, I do see that as more of a Jim Hammond power.
That's interesting, I had no idea the original Torch could also do that. Thanks for all the feedback, guys!

Since my occasional insomnia has me up at this godforsaken hour, here's a card for Johnny's big sister:

Old December 6th, 2009, 11:16 AM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - 12/06 - Invisible Woman

Dada Like. That is not my favorite mini for Sue, but it is a great card.
My only advice is to look at a team dynamic, or atleast how many points they total out at as they will probably be an instant squad, for many players.

Pete

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old December 6th, 2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felindar View Post
Dada Like. That is not my favorite mini for Sue, but it is a great card.
My only advice is to look at a team dynamic, or atleast how many points they total out at as they will probably be an instant squad, for many players.
Thanks, Felindar.

I usually stay away from team-specific powers on my customs. I prefer that teammates work together more organically, much in the same way that Iron Man's Double Attack and Captain America's Tactician do. Both are Avengers, and the duo work together well, but the word Avengers isn't mentioned anywhere on their cards and they're free to play with other teams as well.
Old December 6th, 2009, 01:00 PM

I really like the concept of Invisible Strike. Nice work on that power.
Am I crazy in thinking that Invisible Woman's shield creation power is best represented just as something very similar to Raelin's defensive aura? We already know that's a very powerful thing to have in the game, but its mechanics are very straightforward and it really accomplishes the same thing thematically, IMO.

Old December 6th, 2009, 04:36 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

So does her lack of a hitzone mean she can't be attacked by ranged attacks?

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez and Stan Lee

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations