Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 17th, 2021, 11:26 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: 2021 C3V Playtest Tournament - Round 4 until 11/1

I lost my game to KnightOfLight tonight to end my hopes of defending my playtest tournament title. He had Zombies and I had Ants. The main lesson from this game was Zombies are good against Ants. Maybe not the best playtest data, but a good counterdraft from KoL.

I opened using Kaemon and unable-to-Hatred Marcu to build an Onslaught proof Kaemon zone on the Northern part of the board and launch some pings, but Kaemon's shots didn't do much damage. I switched over to Ants quickly as a result, but it was probably too quickly. My initial wave of Ants died only netting one or two Zombie kills. My second wave did better, having pulled the Zombies a little bit closer to my startzone I was more able to leverage Marcus and the Amberhive Queen's combat boosts, but they came up short, with maybe four Zombies remaining when the last Ant went down. Honestly I was really kept in the game by some aggressive pushes on to the Zombie Hulks to shut down Zombie turns via Horde Shriek unengaged requirement. My remaining heroes made a game of it. Marcus killed one Hulk, the Queen killed another, everyone killed a few Zombies, but the end result was the Queen taking her final wound to lava with a 1 life Ataraxis and Marcu and Isamu remaining. Good game KoL.

Ataraxis: Great game for her. One thing with the Zombies specifically is she really tips the scales on their already-favorable matchups and makes them even more favorable. 1 defense ants are very tasty food for Zombies. There was just not a whole lot the Ants themselves could do here besides hope to get lucky and blitz the Zombies out of the game.

Amberhive Queen: Weird game for her. Because the Zombie Hulks were on the board I couldn't really risk using her too close to the frontlines, so I tried to leave her in my startzone and use her aura there. I got it a few times and hit the Frenzy once. Not a bad game for her as a body on the board though. She did some work in cleanup, killing a Zombie Hulk, few Zombies. She threatened to pull out the victory at the end even though the game overall was not close. 6 move flying is just a good statline.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting