Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

View Poll Results: Which Maps Are Best Competitively?
Thermal Shock 8 28.57%
Succession 8 28.57%
Apocalpyse Now 17 60.71%
New Aloha 5 17.86%
Snare 11 39.29%
Dralli 8 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 26th, 2022, 12:28 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Marvelous Map Contest FINALE POLL!

Here is the Final Poll for the ScapeCon 3 Marvelous Map Contest! There are 6 maps here, and while you can vote for multiple maps, there's only 1 winner chosen by the community!

The second winner for this contest will be determined by the ARV judges at a later day (sometime before the end of the year).

Thermal Shock

Spoiler Alert!

Succession

Spoiler Alert!

Apocalypse Now

Spoiler Alert!

New Ahola

Spoiler Alert!

Snare
Note: There are missing single hex Level 4 grass tiles in this image, but they are shown in another image in the spoiler.

Spoiler Alert!

Dralli

Spoiler Alert!
Old October 26th, 2022, 10:05 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: Marvelous Map Contest FINALE POLL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
At this point, seeing a new Flash map is the same as going to see the newest Marvel movie. Same working formula with different set pieces. For better or worse.
I suppose if in this scenario, the players are the movie goers and the map is the movie, then Flash must be Kevin Feige. That makes the others Jon Favreau, James Gunn, and Joss Whedon.
(I realize this isn't much of a criticism. )

That said, as solid as Marvel movies are and as fun as they are to go watch, they don't often get nominated for an Academy Award, let alone win.
Spoiler Alert!

When I think of many of the best competitive maps, while their top priority is to provide a balanced space to play, they also provide a landscape that stands out from the rest of the field. I voted for the ones that did that.
Old October 26th, 2022, 11:11 AM
The Road Not Taken

Br1an rolls all skulls baby! Br1an rolls all skulls baby! Br1an rolls all skulls baby! Br1an rolls all skulls baby!

How did we get 5/6 of the final maps with Ticalla Jungle? It seems like people are just voting on aesthetics because jungle looks good.

Edit: Did some quick math. 8 of the 28 maps submitted use TJ, so 29%. Yet 5 of 6 maps in the final have TJ, so 83%. That's quite a discrepancy.

Last edited by Br1an; October 26th, 2022 at 07:07 PM.
Old October 26th, 2022, 11:33 AM

gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br1an View Post
How did we get 5/6 of the final maps with Ticalla Jungle? It seems like people are just voting on aesthetics because jungle looks good.
I was sad to see that Molten Grotto didn't make it

You had my source I mean vote
Old October 26th, 2022, 11:38 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I think it has more to do with the way that Ticalla Jungle makes it easier to balance a map. More than any other terrain set those trees and bushes help more spaces be appealing to place a figure on and relatively safe for melee to use to get to range. If you look at maps that Wargrounds of Scape selects as the "best of the best" for tournament maps, you'll see jungle shows up on a lot of those maps also.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 26th, 2022, 12:18 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I meant to vote for Apocalypse Now as well, but somehow didn't see it in the list when I was voting.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 26th, 2022, 03:09 PM
The Road Not Taken

Br1an rolls all skulls baby! Br1an rolls all skulls baby! Br1an rolls all skulls baby! Br1an rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Quote:
I think it has more to do with the way that Ticalla Jungle makes it easier to balance a map. More than any other terrain set those trees and bushes help more spaces be appealing to place a figure on and relatively safe for melee to use to get to range. If you look at maps that Wargrounds of Scape selects as the "best of the best" for tournament maps, you'll see jungle shows up on a lot of those maps also.
I hear ya, I guess I just viewed this contest more as an opportunity to challenge map makers to build outside the norm, what with requiring marvel. Yet here we are, with oops all jungle in the final.
Old October 26th, 2022, 03:13 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
I meant to vote for Apocalypse Now as well, but somehow didn't see it in the list when I was voting.

Aww, thanks anyway, @caps.

Last edited by Typhon2222; October 26th, 2022 at 04:51 PM.
Old October 26th, 2022, 07:14 PM
The Road Not Taken

Quote:
Quote:
Been thinking about this some more, went and checked. Of the 15 maps in WoS, 5 use TJ, so 33%. Which is much closer to the 29% of maps submitted to this contest using it. Whereas 83% of maps in the final have it. It feels like that discrepancy is better explained by people just voting on aesthetics. Since probably no one voting has actually played these maps, other than the map makers themselves testing their own maps (if they even did that). Idk I just don't think TJ is so broken good for balancing maps that it explains a 50% discrepancy in use vs finals.
Old October 26th, 2022, 08:27 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I really want a map that is Snare but has the Dralli start zones.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games