Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old April 15th, 2013, 05:43 PM

Bobofdeath's Dad knows what's in an order marker Bobofdeath's Dad knows what's in an order marker Bobofdeath's Dad knows what's in an order marker
Re: Running: Get out and run...

Glad to here that NYYS and family are OK.

Unfortunately sounds like other families that we don't know have had tragedy strike them. My prayers are with them.

My greatest Heroscape mistake: Thinking that Heroscape was a $40 $400 game!
Old April 15th, 2013, 05:46 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Nyys and family are all fine (via facebook).
Glad to hear that, nyys and his family is the first thoughts i had today when i heard the news at work.

My thoughts and prayers go to those who were affected by today's tragic events.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old April 15th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Nyys and family are all fine (via facebook).
Glad to hear that, nyys and his family is the first thoughts i had today when i heard the news at work.

My thoughts and prayers go to those who were affected by today's tragic events.
Old April 15th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Glad to hear NYYS and his family are fine.

Terrible tragedy, my thoughts go out victims and their families.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 15th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Thanks, Ollie, for updating us.

Old April 15th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

It is so terrible what some people do. My heart goes out to the victims and their families. I'm glad Nyys & family are okay.
Old April 15th, 2013, 08:39 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I heard this on my way to a volleyball game. I'm really glad he's fine. I heard that the bomb went off around 4+ hours into the race and remembered that nyys was aiming for 3:30 and starting 40 minutes after the real start. That got me pretty worried for a couple minutes. I'm praying for the whole city, that's pretty scary to have happen with all of those people around.
Old April 15th, 2013, 10:54 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Thanks everyone. The ultimate high went to the lowest of lows in a heartbeat. The first explosion occurred about 10 minutes after I crossed the finish line. I was about 500-600 feet away, shaking hands with fellow finishers, with folks from around the world (the running community is really an amazing group).

We heard the explosion (shook the ground) and then a big white plume of smoke. Then shortly after the second blast followed with its own white plume.

Fortunately I had just finished speaking with my wife to set a meeting place and knew she wasn't near either blast. Public transportation was shut down (along with the phone grid for a while) so we just walked until we found a subway stop where they were allowing trains to leave.

Simply awful. A lot of people's days were ruined, but none more than those that were lost and injured. Prayers...

EDIT:
In retrospect, turns out it was more like 20-25 minutes after I crossed the finish line and I was also 3+ blocks away (on same street). Crazy how you can perceive things in the moment and what was the actual case.

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; May 14th, 2013 at 02:54 PM.
Old May 13th, 2013, 10:49 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Glad to hear you're okay, nyys.

I'll be running in a small 5K at my school this weekend to raise fund for an organization called International Justice Mission, which fights sex trafficking.
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:05 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
I'll be running in a small 5K at my school this weekend to raise fund for an organization called International Justice Mission, which fights sex trafficking.
Good luck, let us know how it goes.

-insert signature here-
Old May 14th, 2013, 11:41 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Glad to hear you're okay, nyys.

Somebody at my church does extensive work with IJM, and just organized a big weeklong event at Ball State University to raise money and awareness. Good Luck!
Old May 15th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I do Track and XC at my high school.

During the fall I do cross country, running 2 and 3 mile races, and in the spring I do Track, running the 100, 200, 400, and occasionally the 4x4 or 4x2.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General