Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old July 24th, 2020, 06:27 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Robber's maps: Hilltop Bastion 7/18/2020

Holy smokes! What a sight for sore eyes! After the apocalypse, is it too much to hope that you’ll come out to a tournament again? You’re old enough to drive yourself now, right?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 25th, 2020, 10:41 AM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Robber's maps: Hilltop Bastion 7/18/2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Holy smokes! What a sight for sore eyes! After the apocalypse, is it too much to hope that you’ll come out to a tournament again? You’re old enough to drive yourself now, right?
It's been too long but I'm glad to be back! I can definitely come out to some tournaments once I'm out of quarantine! In the meantime, if there are any online MD heroscape events it would be fun to play in those as well!

... And yes, I'm old enough to drive myself now My first heroscape tournament will have been a decade ago in August, so how old does that make you feel?
Old August 9th, 2020, 11:53 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Robber's maps: Diplomacy 8/9/2020

Map: Diplomacy HSC file
Requirements: 2 BftU, 1 RttFF
Date uploaded: 8/9/2020

I wanted to challenge myself to make a map with unusual starting zones, and this is what I came up from! As I was building I was envisioning a prisoner swap about to go terribly wrong. I'm a big fan of these kinds of maps, especially @Dignan 's Striking Distance and @mad_wookiee 's Failed Negotiations, so I'm a bit surprised that it's taken me this long to build one. Figuring out where to deploy units is more challenging, and there's a bigger risk versus reward aspect. I've tried to make sure that this map is as balanced as I can make it with the unusual starting zones, but I'd love to hear suggestions about what I can do to improve the map! It's likely that I'll end up tweaking it a bit anyways, there's a couple things I'm not 100% happy with like the placement of the treasure glyphs.

Here's a top-down view of Diplomacy so that you can see what the starting zones look like:

Last edited by Robber; August 10th, 2020 at 10:05 AM.
Old August 10th, 2020, 12:12 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I really like how you mitigated the center start zones by making them low ground in the middle of water.
Old August 14th, 2020, 01:19 AM
Promising Cartographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I really like how you mitigated the center start zones by making them low ground in the middle of water.
Thanks! I tried to balance them as much as possible. They're arranged so that no double spaced figures fit and the central unit is engaged by 2 figures from the opposing army. Disengaging and going for height is a gamble but it can pay off, especially for a hero with lots of life. My biggest gripe is that the outermost figure can move onto the lv 2 road tile to get height advantage against the center figure. I'm not sure what to do about it though.
Old August 14th, 2020, 10:50 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robber View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Thanks! I tried to balance them as much as possible. They're arranged so that no double spaced figures fit and the central unit is engaged by 2 figures from the opposing army. Disengaging and going for height is a gamble but it can pay off, especially for a hero with lots of life. My biggest gripe is that the outermost figure can move onto the lv 2 road tile to get height advantage against the center figure. I'm not sure what to do about it though.
I think as a player you understand the situation you are placing your figure in when you do so, so this isn't much to worry about, IMO.

The advantage of placing your figure there is to stop your opponent's figures from getting free movement closer to the figures in your SZ (if they don't have disengage). You can also place someone like Cyprien there to get closer to your opponent's SZ but it's a gamble.

Vice versa, a figure when placed on the peninsula hardly has any other purpose than to not allow the now double engaged figure to gain level 3 road height on the most central figure without risking a leaving engagement.
Old August 26th, 2022, 07:11 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

The link in the OP for Platypus' PDF doesn't work for me. The link's URL seems to be longer than if I just search for, and find the file in the downloads section.
Here's one that works for me:
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...o=file&id=4706

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios