Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old October 30th, 2014, 04:47 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of MacDirk Warriors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not User Name View Post

I'm hoping I'll eventually pick up a few more squads. The 2 defense seems to scare everyone away from these guys. I hope my optimism for these guys doesn't fade once I throw them on the board.
They can be absolutely devastating with enough of them and a strong hero.
Old April 6th, 2015, 06:46 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Macdirk Warriors
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
Old March 7th, 2018, 11:31 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenEnvy View Post
I wish Tandros Kreel would have been a champion instead of a fighter. Highland Fury with a 7 life 4 defence champion, plus Combat Challange to protect that slight defense would have been great. Even if it would have upped his cost, it would have been cool. You know what House Rule.
Actually did this very thing against a Zombie army tonite, and it was quite fun! Ended up with Tandros surrounded by 7 zombies and trying to cleave them 2 by 2. But this game did lead to a question:

If an OM is on the MacDirks and they have all been destroyed, when you reveal that OM, are you allowed to still take the bonding part of the turn with the Hero? Their card says "before taking a turn with the MacDirk Warriors, you may first take a turn with a human champion you control."

Logic was that, since you cannot actually take a turn with the MacDirks, then you cannot take a turn with the hero. Is this right?

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; March 7th, 2018 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Over 10 years on this site and with this game, you'd think Id know this :-)
Old March 7th, 2018, 11:36 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Yeah, you can't use the powers on a destroyed army card. Sad, right?
Old March 8th, 2018, 06:10 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Unless otherwise stated you cannot even reveal an OM on a destroyed card I believe.
Old March 8th, 2018, 07:37 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Unless otherwise stated you cannot even reveal an OM on a destroyed card I believe.
In Heroscape, order markers on a card are always revealed, even on cards with no more figures.
Old March 8th, 2018, 07:49 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Doh.
Thanks for the correction Sherm.
Old September 24th, 2019, 10:56 PM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker

Played an interesting game with:

Kelda: 80
Thorgrimm: 80
KoW: 70
Alastair: 110
Macdirks: 80
Saylind: 80

Sent knights with alastair forward. Used overextend to get him back safe with one life left. Then sent in macdirks buffed by him and thorgrimm to wreck havoc. After the slaughter, I used the turn or two before my opponent could get to my start zone to heal alastair back up, then cleaned the map with a him and saylind.

Originally, I had intended to summon him back with saylind, but ended up having to race him back using the KoW champion bonding instead. However, saylind still saved the day when I used her with Thorgrimm's spirit to fly over and lock down my opponent's last DW8000, which gave me the chance to safely get a 2 life Alastair up to him for a finishing blow of 5 skulls. It was a good game, and I think they can be great if used very strategically. Not even the sentinels were holding up to the Macdirks' 7 attack dice. They definitely earned their points worth
Old July 13th, 2023, 11:49 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Just managed to get a 3rd squad of these guys. Gonna try 'em out in a 500 point game with the wife soon, thought of a decent competitive army: 3 MacDirks, Alistair, Eldgrim, Airborn Elite, and Isamu = 500. Make Eldgrim your champion, keeping him safely in the back and overextend til you get 2 wounds, then send em all forward bonding w/Alistair and let the slaughter commence. (Just watch out for range squads, send in the Elite to deal with any range threats)

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units