Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music
Music Not Heroscape-related.

Old December 4th, 2014, 11:24 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Music: What are you listening to right now?

A live performance of a single from their latest album, which is second only to Taylor Swift on the Billboard charts.

Pretty impressive for five unaccompanied voices.

EDIT: @Aldin seems to like these guys from a quick search.
Old December 5th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I certainly do. That CD is in my car right now for commute listening.

~Aldin, who owns physical copies of all five Pentatonix albums

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 5th, 2014, 10:31 AM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My band is learning this right now:
Old December 8th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Garth Brooks has been in the news a bit lately. I liked quite a bit of his stuff as a teen so I'm re-listening to some of it. I think the stuff of his I liked back then still holds up pretty well. So here's day 1 of a "Week with Garth." You've been warned.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK

Last edited by Xorlof; December 8th, 2014 at 11:53 AM. Reason: I don't actually have the week planned out, but it'll be at least several days of songs of his I like if I can find videos.
Old December 8th, 2014, 05:41 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Not what I'm listening to, but I came across this while searching for some information on music. Somebody compared musical tastes of college students with their SAT scores to supposedly determine whether certain kinds of music make you dumb. http://musicthatmakesyoudumb.virgil.gr/music.php It's far from scientific, but it's amusing.

Last edited by Agent Minivann; December 8th, 2014 at 10:44 PM.
Old December 8th, 2014, 08:26 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

IMO, one of the best LotR soundtracks.
Old December 8th, 2014, 09:17 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Been listening to lots of soundtracks lately to try and get a feel for what makes them great (and also replaying lots of the classic rpg videogames), in order to get ideas for my RPG videogame I'm working on (PM me for more details). So here's some of what I've been listening to as of late:
Final Fantasy VI (Terra's Theme, Dancing Mad),
Chrono Trigger (Frog's Theme, Secret of the Forest),
Chrono Cross (Time's Scar, Star Stealing Girl),
Super Metroid(Opening)
Metroid Prime (Phanderna Drifts)
Earthbound (Twoson)
etc.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old December 9th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Day 2 of Garth. Standing Outside the Fire. I love the sound of violins (and pianos) and like it when they get a bit more prominence in popular music. This one has a violin played slightly more country-style than my ideal, but pleasant nonetheless. The drums near the end are a nice touch too.

I'd never seen the official video for this song before today. It's too much--Hallmark Holiday Special too much. So here's just the song (with a still image):

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old December 10th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Super Smurfy

Day 3 of Garth. The River. No official video of this one either. The best I could find was a live performance from 1992, and it looks 1992, starting right with the trio at the beginning (Clint Black, Lori Morgan, and I'm-surprised-I-remembered-his-name Travis Tritt).

Old December 11th, 2014, 12:44 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

As much as it pains me to interrupt Xorlof's Parade of Garth, I wanted to share this great song & video. And the whole album it's on is fantastic.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 11th, 2014, 01:33 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

How about some 50's Jamaican Mento music?

Everything about this song is genius. The lyrics are great, the story it tells is funny, and the instrumentals are great. The naivety the main character shows initially to the lady's offer of, "night food" and how she, "didn't even visit the kitchen range" is amusing.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old December 12th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Super Smurfy

I didn't post yesterday to make today a two-fer. Neither of these have good youtube versions, so I'm linking to random copies of the MP3s I found via Google. If you didn't like the previous Garth tracks I posted, you won't like these, so feel free to skip. But these two have a special place in my heart. At the risk of over-sharing, it's not a stretch to say that without these two simple songs, there might not be a Xorlof today. They came at just the right time for me.

First up today is If Tomorrow Never Comes. This was Garth's second single I think and the first song where I noticed him.

His very next release was The Dance and this is the song that actually put him on the map.

Tomorrow's post will be the end of the Garth Parade, as D_S put it. I'm still trying to track down a link for the song I want to post. (Garth seems to be uber-strict in shutting down any free sources of his music). It is holiday themed, but not your typical Christmas song.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music