Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old November 5th, 2016, 11:27 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

The official FAQ, the go to resource for these things, has Revenent's Tome listed as temporary.

More importantly, the actual army card that came with the glyph has
TEMPORARY TREASURE GLYPH
printed on the card.

It is one time use, then removed from the game.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; November 5th, 2016 at 11:49 AM. Reason: silly me - i assumed it wasn't on the card since it was being questioned
Old November 5th, 2016, 01:03 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean
silly me - i assumed it wasn't on the card since it was being questioned

Please everyone, - you're killing poor R˙chean.
Old November 10th, 2016, 05:32 PM

SE-Mark Woo who?

Not a rules question, but I figured rather than making a thread to ask if there was a thread....

Has there ever been a poll done of how many of each common squad people own or wish they owned?
Old November 11th, 2016, 12:03 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@SE-Mark Not a poll, but check out my reply to a question on Squads most needing multiples:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I suggest looking at Collection Guide 2: Quantities (Fully Updated) for a break down of optimal number of every unit for maximum playability in "tournament" level pre-made army matches, not necessarily home games with drafting. As far as "grouping" I highly suggest looking at Heroscape Factions: Thematic Unit Groupings and Factions of Fanscape!

If you go by Gencon winners Mattsertruckrally and Matthias, they rarely ever play with less than 4 of any bonding common and 5 of any non-bonding common. Personally I never play with less than 3 of any bonding common and 4 of any non-bonding common, except "screen" units like Roman Legionnaires or Deathreavers which 2 is good. And "horde" armies like Zombies and Marro Drones/Dividers I would play with at least 6 squads.

If you can't afford them (I don't myself) you can always proxy, either all the units or some of them - with any figure (Heroscape or custom) this is relatively the same size. My rule is 2 of every squad is enough to where you can have that many figures in play, then when they die, just sub your proxies in the start zone for ones that die. If you ever get to the tournament scene, most people will let you borrow if they have them and are not playing them, so the only real reason to buy more then a couple of an unit is for the "gotta catch-em-all" feel or if you have really stuck-up people you play with who would not accept proxies; and in my opinion those are not the people you should be playing with anyway.

BTW, welcome back to the game and the boards.
Old November 12th, 2016, 06:51 PM

Smurf_Scape is surprisingly tart

Not exactly a question per say, but wanted confirmation. Height of figures, and terrain is defined by units of tiles correct? So a tree with height 10, is as tall as 10 single hexes stacked. I measured a single hex and got 1cm for the height of a tile. So something with 10 height would be 10cm tall? (I only have one hex piece with me)

Seems silly to ask but I keep feeling like it might not be such an easy correlation. Or am I severely overthinking things?
Old November 12th, 2016, 08:18 PM

DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf_Scape View Post
Not exactly a question per say, but wanted confirmation. Height of figures, and terrain is defined by units of tiles correct? So a tree with height 10, is as tall as 10 single hexes stacked. I measured a single hex and got 1cm for the height of a tile. So something with 10 height would be 10cm tall? (I only have one hex piece with me)

Seems silly to ask but I keep feeling like it might not be such an easy correlation. Or am I severely overthinking things?
Hight of terrain for movement is determined by hight number but ive found hight of figures to not be an exact correlation (size wise) to hight of terrain.

If that was confusing let me tey and say it differently.

Yes hight number = hight of terrain (for movement)
hight of figure =/= hight of terrain (for size) at least not exactly
Old November 12th, 2016, 10:04 PM

Smurf_Scape is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBlizz View Post
Quote:

Hight of terrain for movement is determined by hight number but ive found hight of figures to not be an exact correlation (size wise) to hight of terrain.

I see what your saying DocBlizz, thanks. Any chance anyone could take a ruler to the road to forgotten forest trees? (When you can of course)
Old November 12th, 2016, 10:36 PM

DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby!
Talking Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBlizz View Post
Quote:

I see what your saying DocBlizz, thanks. Any chance anyone could take a ruler to the road to forgotten forest trees? (When you can of course)

Oh just rub it in!

I sadly dont have the FF set so I cannot measure them :-/
Old November 13th, 2016, 01:03 AM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Any chance anyone could take a ruler to the road to forgotten forest trees?
The height of the trees are 10, 11, 11, 12, and 15. With 15 being the large 4-hex tree. I haven't done it but I've heard of people writing the height on the bottoms for quick reference.
Old November 13th, 2016, 04:38 PM

SE-Mark Woo who?

Quote:
@SE-Mark Not a poll, but check out my reply to a question on Squads most needing multiples:
Quote:
I suggest looking at Collection Guide 2: Quantities (Fully Updated) for a break down of optimal number of every unit for maximum playability in "tournament" level pre-made army matches, not necessarily home games with drafting. As far as "grouping" I highly suggest looking at Heroscape Factions: Thematic Unit Groupings and Factions of Fanscape!

If you go by Gencon winners Mattsertruckrally and Matthias, they rarely ever play with less than 4 of any bonding common and 5 of any non-bonding common. Personally I never play with less than 3 of any bonding common and 4 of any non-bonding common, except "screen" units like Roman Legionnaires or Deathreavers which 2 is good. And "horde" armies like Zombies and Marro Drones/Dividers I would play with at least 6 squads.

If you can't afford them (I don't myself) you can always proxy, either all the units or some of them - with any figure (Heroscape or custom) this is relatively the same size. My rule is 2 of every squad is enough to where you can have that many figures in play, then when they die, just sub your proxies in the start zone for ones that die. If you ever get to the tournament scene, most people will let you borrow if they have them and are not playing them, so the only real reason to buy more then a couple of an unit is for the "gotta catch-em-all" feel or if you have really stuck-up people you play with who would not accept proxies; and in my opinion those are not the people you should be playing with anyway.

BTW, welcome back to the game and the boards.
Thanks!
Old November 13th, 2016, 09:19 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I know it's somewhere amongst the C3V or SoV threads but I can't find it. What are the figure requirements in the market when considering nominations for SoV?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old November 14th, 2016, 12:28 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I know it's somewhere amongst the C3V or SoV threads but I can't find it. What are the figure requirements in the market when considering nominations for SoV?
Here ya go.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's