Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 6th, 2014, 02:47 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

All powers must be able to work in all official scenarios. I believe Heat of Battle (and/or similar changeable starting considerations) comes from the official scenarios.
Old December 6th, 2014, 03:03 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
All powers must be able to work in all official scenarios. I believe Heat of Battle (and/or similar changeable starting considerations) comes from the official scenarios.

So since Sturla is official and references starting zones, and HoB is official (i will take SF's word for it), what happens if Sturla is stepped on in a HoB game?
Old December 6th, 2014, 03:13 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

You place the figure as if you were placing it at the start of the game. At least that's my best interpretation.
Old December 6th, 2014, 03:17 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I don't think a starting zone matters power necessarily should exist or would have all that much design space, I just think that such a power is capable of existing. For scenarios like this, the Heroscape community would have to issue a ruling on how start-zone spaces are interpreted in a non-traditional scenario. Personally, I would say that Heat of Battle type scenarios don't have starting spaces so any power referring to it would not apply, but that would be up for the larger community to decide.

This Heroscapers community is now the stewards of Heroscape, or at least Heroscape with respect to Heroscapers. I do not believe that we should overly shy away from problems that don't have definite answers and instead be comfortable with occasionally defining these answers.
Old December 6th, 2014, 03:36 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post

So since Sturla is official and references starting zones, and HoB is official (i will take SF's word for it), what happens if Sturla is stepped on in a HoB game?
Whatever the TD says.

Ixe had put it much more elegantly, but ultimately the TD decides it for themselves. I suppose we could look at the FAQ's but that might not clarify much either. I ain't looked in a while

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old December 6th, 2014, 04:05 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post

As far as Sturla/Thanos is concerned with HoB starting zones, that's an ugly question in the first place and I can only legitimatly turn to my above thought as to why it shouldn't be applicable.
Just as clarification, Thanos is placed next to a figure you control after death rejects him. There is no reference to starting zones.

Last edited by yamissflash; December 9th, 2014 at 03:45 PM.
Old December 6th, 2014, 04:19 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamissflash View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post

As far as Sturla/Thanos is concerned with HoB starting zones, that's an ugly question in the first place and I can only legitimatly turn to my above thought as to why it shouldn't be applicable.
Just as clarification, Thanos is placed next to a figure you control after death rejects him. There is no reference to starting zones.
Oops. Lol.

I haven't played Marvel in a long time. Or, much Scape at all. -_-'

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old December 10th, 2014, 09:55 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Last year there was a lot of internal BCoV debate on whether the following sculpt should be used as a custom to be submitted to SoV. I wanted to get judges opinions here on if the sculpt (by itself) due to its graphic nature would either

1) cause a judge to vote no
2) severely hinder a judge to approve

I am asking since the last BCoV submission took a year of development and I would hate for the below figure to be selected by BCoV and have a very small chance of making with another ~12 months of development. I, and the community, would appreciate the feedback.

Sculpt:

Gug
Old December 10th, 2014, 10:55 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I'm not sure where I stand on it. C3V discussed working with that miniature. The conversation stalled while discussing whether the mini was appropriate or not. This picture in particular gave many a pause:

Regardless of how the judges voted, this mini could have trouble at Inner Sanctum Review.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 10th, 2014, 11:07 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Last year there was a lot of internal BCoV debate on whether the following sculpt should be used as a custom to be submitted to SoV. I wanted to get judges opinions here on if the sculpt (by itself) due to its graphic nature would either

1) cause a judge to vote no
2) severely hinder a judge to approve

I am asking since the last BCoV submission took a year of development and I would hate for the below figure to be selected by BCoV and have a very small chance of making with another ~12 months of development. I, and the community, would appreciate the feedback.

Sculpt:

Gug
Though I'm not judge, my two cents are worth as much as the next guy. (Okay maybe 2 cents is worth nothing here in Canada, but you have pennys in the US, so here I go)

I previously mentioned this figure was a bit too Clive Barker for my liking. I'm not sure why it does not sit well with me, but The gaping maw just doesn't look like it belongs in heroscape.

When it comes to customs, I refer to the "Saturday Morning Cartoon" rule, if you can put it on TV you can put it on the board. There is a reason why the cards say Destroy not Kill.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old December 10th, 2014, 11:56 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

To put a slightly more objective stance on it, all Heroscape figures with open mouths have the same color in their mouth as they do for their base color. This deep red maw therefore stands out even against the likes of voracious dinosaurs, roaring dragons, and slathering wolves.

I personally am not bothered by it, but I see the argument that the figure simply does not fit within the aesthetic of Heroscape.
Old December 10th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Wriggz's objection has been made within the sanctum of the C3V as well. I am not sure I am persuaded by it; it's never gotten to the point where I've been compelled to cast a or for it. But Wriggz's objection should not be taken lightly.

edit: As Cap said, above. I had overlooked his post. It is a creep mini.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards