Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old February 14th, 2019, 12:15 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: C3V/SoV Question Dump

We don't go out seeking to break any new ground, H_101. We only add things like planets, species, or classes when we think we need to do it in service of the canon and the community.

We don't set out to do any of those things.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 14th, 2019, 12:56 AM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
We don't go out seeking to break any new ground, H_101. We only add things like planets, species, or classes when we think we need to do it in service of the canon and the community.

We don't set out to do any of those things.
Any news about any C3V/SoV customs that are coming soon?
Old February 14th, 2019, 01:04 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Other than the news that's on the front page?

No. No news, other than the release that was this very day, roughly 12 hours ago. But I'm pleased you're excited for the next one already.

= =
Old February 16th, 2019, 04:24 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

I am going to bring back a custom to my thread who follows Jandar.
Old February 16th, 2019, 04:32 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
I am going to bring back a custom to my thread who follows Jandar.
Its a good idea to post your customs in your own customs thread. That's where I put mine at.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 26th, 2019, 06:34 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

With the new 3D printed figure announced for the C3V, which is not only a figure that I assume was designed for the C3V(correct me if I'm wrong) but is also unpainted, what are the chances that the SoV would be open to something similar?

I'd like to add that I don't expect just any design, or 3D model would be accepted, but that if the design and model were of such high quality, and fit a "need" within the canon that would otherwise be impossible to fill, that an exception to be made, because it had met certain requirements. One notable hole that could be filled is the Aquilla flag bearer. I have searched at various points in time over the last 2 years or so, and while I can find unpainted Flag Bearers that would be suitable, (mostly dwarves) there aren't any that are painted.
Old February 26th, 2019, 11:51 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Good question. (and yes, the figure in question was designed for the C3V by @GeneralRolando )

Once you get your hands on one of those 3D printed figures (probably one of the 40 or so that @TREX has already printed), you'll notice a few things that make it a special case.

1: It's not a human, so face details and smooth skin aren't important. Even printed very finely, you can see layer lines. It's not a big deal on a tree-person, though.

2: It's essentially a 1-color paint job. Other than the eyes (which are relatively optional), every step of the paint job is applied to the entire miniature.

3: There is a prepainted figure available. This is basically an emergency backup plan because we didn't want to release a common figure that our fans could no longer buy. That would basically cripple the faction that it's a part of. I think it turned out amazing, but it's not a first choice.

So, I think 3D printing is a very cool avenue to explore in the future. There are a few obstacles before it's an option we'll want to use widely.
Old February 26th, 2019, 12:40 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Good question. (and yes, the figure in question was designed for the C3V by @GeneralRolando )

Once you get your hands on one of those 3D printed figures (probably one of the 40 or so that @TREX has already printed), you'll notice a few things that make it a special case.

1: It's not a human, so face details and smooth skin aren't important. Even printed very finely, you can see layer lines. It's not a big deal on a tree-person, though.

2: It's essentially a 1-color paint job. Other than the eyes (which are relatively optional), every step of the paint job is applied to the entire miniature.

3: There is a prepainted figure available. This is basically an emergency backup plan because we didn't want to release a common figure that our fans could no longer buy. That would basically cripple the faction that it's a part of. I think it turned out amazing, but it's not a first choice.

So, I think 3D printing is a very cool avenue to explore in the future. There are a few obstacles before it's an option we'll want to use widely.
I currently have 38 based and painted little tree people. Im still adding a wash to them all here shortly when I wash my next batch of miniatures I have painted for my own collection. They are ready to play with and Ill be charging 1 dollar per each of them to make it worth my time.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 27th, 2019, 05:15 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

1. Ok.
2. Sure, why not. I would keep my Platinum Achievement in a safe place.

= =
Old February 27th, 2019, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
1. Ok.
2. Sure, why not. I would keep my Platinum Achievement in a safe place.
I am not that experienced with heroscapers site with only one year of heroscape knowledge.

P.S. I am the only one in my family that uses this site.
Old February 27th, 2019, 06:01 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

I'm glad you like playing Heroscape, H_101. And I'm glad that you want to participate in this community, too. And I'm glad others in your family are here as well. Welcome to your family!

This thread is for questions about the C3V and the SoV. You can keep posting stuff in it, I guess - though I see SF has deleted your most recent - but know that when you have suggestions for new tournament formats, or whatever, it's not really related to this thread. And in the case of the post that was deleted, it didn't really even look like a question.

You've been here long enough to understand the purpose of a thread, and I believe that you know how to compose a post in such a way that it's responding to whatever is around it. You can do it! Focus on what people posted above you, wherever you are posting, and exert yourself to make your new post blend in. It should be related, and natural, and seriously consider and acknowledge what was posted above.

Ok? You've been here long enough that you're part of the community. And pretty much any member of the community will tell you that I've needled him or her about something, because I do that sometimes to everybody. Don't take it too hard.

But also, please please please do a better job of being aware of where you're posting and what, precisely, you're responding to. That kind of attention is a demonstration of respect for those around you, and they deserve respect, just as you do.

Now look at this post. I've written this whole thing, just for you, and just to respond with care to a post of yours that isn't even there anymore. When you are writing your own posts, please also try to take care to spend time considering what others have written, and place correspondingly less emphasis on new ideas you have that aren't related to anything already up for discussion.

I hope you understand.

= =
Old February 27th, 2019, 10:08 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I did delete your post, because it wasn't a question, and it wasn't related to the C3V or SoV, or even customs at all.

If you have questions about our projects we'll be happy to answer.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs