Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 21st, 2018, 01:33 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Keep in mind this isn't Kolakoski's personal customs thread...
Agreed.

@kolakoski I try to utilize this thread only when I’m getting close to submission to he SoV for a unit and need either to make sure I catch something before it’s too late or simply get some other angles looking at the unit. I’ll come here once I feel I’ve made a tight design with playtests to back it up.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 21st, 2018, 01:43 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Keep in mind this isn't Kolakoski's personal customs thread...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post

Agreed.

@kolakoski I try to utilize this thread only when I’m getting close to submission to he SoV for a unit and need either to make sure I catch something before it’s too late or simply get some other angles looking at the unit. I’ll come here once I feel I’ve made a tight design with playtests to back it up.

Sorry, I forgot.

Old May 21st, 2018, 02:40 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Hey folks. Wanted to see some opinions about this guy.

I’ve felt that the Tomb Skeletons (of both types) needed a little oomph. I’ve played the Warden a couple times in games with small amounts of skeletons, and I’d like to play him in a larger game. He plays okay, and his abilities so far get across the theme of a larger ‘boss’ skeleton that is still a mindless and expendable soldier. In fact, an earlier version of this design was uncommon - I wouldn’t be opposed to going back to that version, but availability is an issue.

My main concern is if his two abilities are worded well, or too broadly, so to speak. I wanted him to include both types of Tomb Skeletons. His Patrol does work with all Guards (which I don’t think will pose a problem - a guard based army isn’t going to be broken by a hero with a movement ability) but Rally currently only effects the two Tomb squads.

I also understand that “reanimation” is a theme used by the Utgar skeletons, but I felt that the theme here was unique enough that it wouldn’t matter as much.
Old May 21st, 2018, 02:52 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I like the overall design, though I'd prefer it to be an Uncommon Hero. The abilities are fitting and useful, and the stats decent, though a tad strong for the points plus the other functions.

I don't mind the use of Guards on one and Undead Guards on the other. In fact I like it that way. I can't help but think "Rally the Guard" deserves a more undead-flavorful name, though.

Still, I can't help but worry about its order marker value. An attack of 4 isn't bad, but not great either, and the chance to bring something back is poor. That makes it mainly useful late game, but then Eternal Patrol isn't useful. Have you considered an aura effect? Maybe change Rally the Guard to be an instant regeneration (ignore wounds) effect.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards