Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old February 26th, 2011, 11:22 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Not in Kansas Post-Tourney Thread

Not in Kansas Anymore

Post Tournament Thread

The event thread is here. 455 points, unusual but quality maps.

This was, I believe, the largest ever Heroscape tournament in the MD/PA/NJ region. Many thanks to everyone who came and made it possible. Special thanks to Shaugville for running the numbers as the event went on, special thanks to Drewcula and AliasQTip for material support, special thanks to Camper’s dad for playing rounds 2 – 5 so we would have an even number, and finally special thanks to all the map volunteers.
1. Zak: 5 – 0 4th Mass. x4, Raelin RotV, Finn
2. DS: 4 – 1 Eltahale, Sir Gilbert, Knights of Weston x3
3. Clancampbell: 4 – 1 Sir Gilbert, Sir Denrick, Eldgrim, Knights of Weston x3
4. Robber: 4 – 1 Sir Hawthorne, Stingers x3, Deathreavers x3 (dropping a rat)
5. Phil the Thrill: 4 – 1 Tagawa Samurai, 10th Foot x4, Guilty McCreech
6. KidScaper: 4 – 1 Nilfheim, Greenscales x4, Guilty McCreech
7. Spidysox: 3 – 2 Marcus, Romans x4, 10th Foot x2
8. Arcus: 3 – 2 Moltenclaw, Krav Maga Agents, Mezzodemons x2, Marro Warriors
9. Sedric: 3 – 2 Zelrig, Charos, Zetacron
10. Follower of Vydar: 3 – 2 Krav Maga Agents, Phantom Knights x4, Stingers x1, Isamu
11. Drewcula: 3 – 2 Su Bak Na, Marrden Hounds, Stingers x1, Marro Warriors
12. kldonnelly: 3 – 2 Migol Ironwill, Mogrim Forgehammer, Axegrinders x3
13. Peterparkerh: 3 – 2 Ogre Warhulk, Nerak, Swog Rider, Death Chasers x4
14. Kevinwc: 3 – 2 Brunak, Isamu, Minions x3
15. Kyle: 3 – 2 Krav Maga Agents, Kaemon Awa, Phantom Knights x3
16. Bassist of Doom: 3 – 2 Ogre Warhulk, Me Burq Sa, Death Chasers x4, Black Wyrmling
17. Tom: 2 – 3 Zelrig, Greenscales x4, Isamu, Marcu
18. Connor: 2 – 3 Charos, Sonlen, Tarn Viking Warriors, Marrden Nagrubs
19. Shaugville: 2 – 3 Su Bak Na, Me Burq Sa, Ne Gok Sa, Marro Warriors, Marro Drones x2
20. Alex: 2 – 3 Sgt. Drake RotV, Airborne Elite, 10th Regiment x2, Raelin RotV
21. AliasQTip: 2 – 3 Marcus, Romans x2, 10th Regiment, Krav Maga, Raelin
22. Cooper: 2 – 3 Fen Hydra x2, Krav Maga, Raelin RotV, Guilty McCreech
23. Xanth: 2 – 3 Cyprien, Nilfheim, Greenscales x2
24. Naomi: 1 – 4 Cyprian, Sonya, Stingers x2, Phantom Knights x2
25. Bill: 1 – 4 Zelrig, Airborne Elite, Major Q10
26. Megan: 1 – 4 Zelrig, Nilheim, Raelin RotV
27. Ian: 1 – 4 Major Q9, Major Q10, Nakita Agents
28. Crichton: 1 – 4 Kurrok, Water Elemental x2, Air Elemental, Earth Elemental x2, Fire Elemental x2, Krav Maga Agents
29. Camper: 1 – 4 Deathwalker 8000, Marcus, 10th Regiment x3
30. Don the Saint: 0 – 4 Nerak, Grimnak, Ornak, Blade Gruts

My own battle report will follow when I get around to it, as well as further thoughts about the event.

Congratulations, Zak!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 26th, 2011, 11:46 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker
Re: Not in Kansas Post-Tourney Thread

Thank you Dadscaper!!!
Definitely a fun tournament to be at. I had a lot of fun with my Deathchaser horde and I hope everyone else did too. This is my mini report with DCoTs x4, Me-Burq-Sa, Ogre Warhulk, and Black Wyrmling:
VS SPIDYSOX (Marcus, 10th Reg x2, Romans x4)
I was feeling good going into this tournament even though I was new to my army. I sat down and Spidysox sat across from me. My first thoughts were, welp, there go my championship hopes. He borderline crushed me. I wounded Marcus and killed a couple Romans along with a little more than a squad of 10th Reg, but I did not do well on Horshoe Hill.

VS ALEX (Sarge, Raelin (both ROTV), AE, 10th Reg x2)
This one was close. It was on Failed Negotiations and my Ogre Warhulk and 2 DCoTs inflicted a bunch of wounds on Raelin and Sarge and killed some Regiment. Things were looking great for me and then, it happened. They dropped. His AE changed the game and at the end I had a healthy MBS and one DCoT against 1 AE and 1 10th Reg but he took MBS out in one shot. I lost.

VS CONNOR (Marcus, DW8000, 10th Reg x3)
This is where I started to pick up steam. He killed my Warhulk and a couple Deathchasers early, but then MBS helped lead a comeback where I lost only a couple units and took down his. We played on Burial Marsh.

VS MEGAN (Zelrig, Niflheim, Raelin ROTV)
We met on Rising Pressure and I was really worried about Zelrig. I did get the heightened part of the map and she said it was only the 4th time she had played so she didn't grab the glyphs. I took one and removed an order marker from Nilfheim. I also was able to charge down with my Orcs early and take out Zelrig. Definitely a good match for me.

VS IAN (Q9, Q10, Nakitas)
Capuan Arena's starting zone rules baffled us both but after a minute we got them down. I was very worried because of their ranged power and the Nakitas' specials. However, I dominated. I won initiative and that with Orc Battle rush got me a head start and in the first round I killed the Nakitas and Q10 while losing nothing. Then I finished off Q9 in the second round with one wound on MBS. I lost 16 points on this one and it was one of my best games ever played.

I got a head of steam on the 3rd match and kept going. I think that was around the time when I fell into a rhythm with the Deathchasers and really felt comfortable with the units I was using. I had only used all but MBS once before in a 3 round mini tournament. I had a lot of fun at this tournament though while going from losing by a lot to losing a close game to winning a close game to winning by a lot to winning an absolute blowout. 3-2 and 16th out of 30 isn't bad for my second tourney. Hope to see you all again soon!

Last edited by BassistofDoom; February 27th, 2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old February 27th, 2011, 08:37 AM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

What a fun (long) day!

Thank you DS for putting on this event, I had a blast.

Thank you also to all of my opponents for making the day so fun.

I'll post reports later on.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old February 27th, 2011, 09:34 AM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, that was a hoot! Thanks for putting it all together for us, Dad_Scaper.

I never expected tournament play to be so fast paced. Things just kept hoppin' and poppin'. I also greatly enjoyed meeting so many other 'Scapers. It's kinda strange to see them in person. I think when you're reading a thread online you kinda expect everyone to be mostly like you. But what I found was 'Scape really appeals to a wide variety of gamers - different ages, various ethnic backgrounds, genders, from all walks of life. I can now associate faces with their internet handles and it gives me a new perspective on who they are and how they roll.

MrsQTip and I had a really fun time and this will certainly not be our one and only tourney we attend.
Old February 27th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Awesome day! Thanks so much to Dad Scaper for putting this all together. The largest turnout in our region, awesome!

4-1 for me. I was very happy with that result, only the second time in 30 tournys that I've gotten more than 3 wins! Knights are awesome! I don't know why I put off playing them for so long. Battle reports later.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old February 27th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thank you Dad Scaper and all who helped on this event.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old February 27th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Breaking down the numbers a little bit:

Zelrig appeared 4 times though the big purple dragon finished no higher than 9th. I tip my hat to those who had the foresight to bring him to an event that would feature an unusually large number of common swarms for our local metagame & I confess I'm surprised he didn't perform better.

Guilty showed up three times. Who'd have thought? I know he got his points worth and then some when KidScaper was using him, I didn't see him in action otherwise.

The Phantom Knights had a strong showing, in three armies. They didn't finish higher than 10th, though, and I suspect it's because this was a melee-heavy event, and the 10th Reg. was also heavily represented, so the PK's just had a bunch of bad match ups.

Speaking of the 10th Reg., they were tied for the biggest representation, with appearances in 5 armies, and Phil the Thrill, who had 4 squads of them, finished "in the money" with them with 5th place.

Ok, I have to run. More Fun With Numbers later, along with my Battle Report.

Thank you guys who posted above for coming, and it was absolutely my pleasure to have you. Scapers are the best, and if you as you read these words are thinking to yourself, I should go out to an event, they look fun, well, you're right.

= =
Old February 27th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Battle reports-

Spoiler Alert!

I really am honored that I got the junior championship sword and am sorry, Kid_Scaper, for just edging you out of the 1st place spot for junior championship. Maybe next time I won't beat you as badly for a consolidation

And thanks to whoever made the sword- it is beast! Thank you!

But hey, great tournament and thank you Dad_Scaper for organizing it and for everyone else who came that made the tournament more enjoyable.

-Robber

Last edited by Robber; February 27th, 2011 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Might want some spoiler brackets...
Old February 27th, 2011, 02:58 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robber View Post
Round 3 was against Zak on Can't see the jungle. He played x4 4th mass, Raelin, and Finn.

He made a pod around finn with the 4th mass. He camped on the high ground around the river and picked off my rat screen with his boosted Mass. line. This continued until I had 8 rats and 4 stingers dead. Then we found out that finn only boosts melee. Because finn accounted for 1/4 of the attack of his mass, we agreed that I would get 1/4 of my units back. I chose 2 stingers, who were 40 of the 160 points I lost.
I was wondering what Finn was doing in that army. It took until round 3 for someone to point this out?

Incidentally, this is why I've argued that Thorgrim still has a place in the metagame; he helps the 4th.
Old February 27th, 2011, 04:33 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Round 3 was against Zak on Can't see the jungle. He played x4 4th mass, Raelin, and Finn.

He made a pod around finn with the 4th mass. He camped on the high ground around the river and picked off my rat screen with his boosted Mass. line. This continued until I had 8 rats and 4 stingers dead. Then we found out that finn only boosts melee. Because finn accounted for 1/4 of the attack of his mass, we agreed that I would get 1/4 of my units back. I chose 2 stingers, who were 40 of the 160 points I lost.
I was wondering what Finn was doing in that army. It took until round 3 for someone to point this out?

Incidentally, this is why I've argued that Thorgrim still has a place in the metagame; he helps the 4th.
I'm not sure if his opponents were aware what was happening. Sometimes in games you get pre-occupied with what you are doing and miss out on what your opponent is doing. I was the one who had pointed out this mistake as well as one in the first round when he had placed a dead Finn on the 4th and was using his aura to boost their attack.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old February 27th, 2011, 05:08 PM

Phil the Thrill Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Guilty showed up three times. Who'd have thought? I know he got his points worth and then some when KidScaper was using him, I didn't see him in action otherwise.
Guilty for me won one game and almost killed a dragon by himself.

I want to say thank you to DS for putting on another great event. Also I would like to say thank you to everyone else who helped to run the event.

Megan had a great time playing in her *first* event; she had so much fun, she is already looking into coming out for clan's event in April. The three of us are hoping to make it to the March event, but thats mid-term week for me. . However, April for all three of us is looks like a go for now.

Record:
19 - 11
Tournament Wins:
Heroes' Gauntlet Run! 11.7.10
Old February 27th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:

I was wondering why Finn was in the army myself, when I played Zak in round 5. He served his purpose there, though, which was apparently to soak up wounds from Wannok.

*sigh*

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events