Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old July 20th, 2010, 02:20 AM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Minas Tirith (LOTR)

Ok, I finally played my Helm's Deep map with Spidysox and we got talking about what other Lord of the Rings maps we could do. We started to discuss Minas Tirith (the white city) and how hard it would be able to do it with the limited resources I have. I took this as a challenge. Here is the final result:

DOWNLOAD MINAS TIRITH CAMPAIGN HERE

Requires: 3 ROTV, 4 FOTA, 2 RTTFF, & 1 Dungeons/Dragons.

Your comments are greatly appreciated.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.

Last edited by peteparkerh; April 19th, 2018 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Added Link to Download
Old July 20th, 2010, 04:05 AM

Zexion is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Minas Tirith (LOTR) 1st Attempt

3 RotV and 4 FotA? Seriously?
Old July 20th, 2010, 07:38 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun Scapemage is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexion View Post
I see no problem with those requirements. Although I can't build it, and am not at all familiar with Lord of the Rings, it looks great!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 20th, 2010, 07:50 AM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

That was quick

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old July 20th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
That was quick
The family was out and the pieces were there haunting me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexion View Post
Is this good or bad? Other attempts I've seen were going to take 20 FOTA sets. The major issue about breaking this one up it the fortress at the top. You need one door for the building and two more for the arches out of the pedestal (that forces 3 FOTA, anyway you break it down). I may be able to break this in phases like Helm's Deep, but 2 FOTA will be the smallest requirement.

Old July 20th, 2010, 10:59 AM

Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker

It looks amazing!!!
Old July 20th, 2010, 01:15 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

I sure am gonna build this one! Good job!
Old July 20th, 2010, 01:58 PM

The Doctor is surprisingly tart

It looks cool. Will there be any scenarios like the helms deep map?

Old July 20th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Mayor of Scape City

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post

That was the plan, but this one is harder. I'm going to have watch the movie and break the battle into stages.

To everyone, any suggestions on the stages?

Old July 20th, 2010, 04:26 PM

machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteparkerh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post

That was the plan, but this one is harder. I'm going to have watch the movie and break the battle into stages.

To everyone, any suggestions on the stages?
Well, first you have the battle at the main gate, then the seige towers coming at the walls, then fighting in the streets after the gate breaks down, then the battle in the fields after the Rohan army arrives.
Old July 20th, 2010, 05:14 PM

ranoobu is surprisingly tart

I was just wondering, Pete, did you consider putting a Jungle Tree at the top to represent the King's Tree? (Sorry to all LOTR geeks.. but I don't know the actual name of the tree)

By the way, it looks great!

Can't wait to see how tall it really looks when you build it.

Aeston's Before Heroscape - An interesting read for any Heroscape fan. I loved the final conclusion to the post as well lol

Good trades: SirGalahad
Old July 20th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Mayor of Scape City

[quote=ranoobu;1151342]I was just wondering, Pete, did you consider putting a Jungle Tree at the top to represent the King's Tree? quote]

I did think of that, but then I thought I would get some white wire and do it right.

[quote=machinekng;1151259Well, first you have the battle at the main gate, then the seige towers coming at the walls, then fighting in the streets after the gate breaks down, then the battle in the fields after the Rohan army arrives.[/quote]

Those are the three I thought as well so it sounds like we're thinking the same way.

My thoughts so far:
Battle 1: Battle of the Main Gate with some seige tower rules/wall destruction rules.
Battle 2: Battle inside the lower levels.
Battle 3: Battle at the higher levels to a certain number of rounds. If the defender can't hold out, the game ends then.
Battle 4: Reinforcements arrive. This would be a battle to the end, but the attacking army would have the advantage of already being in the city (role reversal).

I think extreme height should be eliminated for the whole scenerio. If you are at extreme height, you can't see the figure. That's my thought, but I am willing to bend with a good argument the other way.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios