Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old November 22nd, 2009, 07:11 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Helm's Deep Campaign (LOTR)

It's done. You only need 1 ROTV, 1 FOTA, & 1 RTTFF to play it. It you have 4 sets of each, you will be able to build the entire board.

Dowload HELM'S DEEP CAMPAIGN NOW

Helm's Deep Campaign

For Heroscape, By Peteparkerh

Introduction

From J. R. R. Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings Trilogy, the fortress of Aglarond sits in the large valley of Helm’s Deep. During the War of the Ring, the fortress became the refuge of the Rohirrim, under King Théoden. Saruman’s armies are now attacking the fortress and have even managed to destroy parts of the wall with an explosion. Even so, it has been said that Helm’s deep would never fall while men defended it.

The Campaign

The Heroscape Campaign of Helm’s Deep goes through each of major stages from the Battle of the Hornburg. The campaign is split into rounds that take place during these major stages. The rounds end with reinforcement arriving, if the defending army can last that long. The Rounds are as follows:

Click to Enlarge

Set-Up
The entire campaign has been designed to be played with only 1 Rise of the Valkyrie set (ROTV), 1 Fortress of the Archkyrie set (FOTA), & 1 Road to the Forgotten Forest set (RTTFF). If four sets of each are available, the entire battlefield can be built. If not, each battlefield can be built for the round and then disassembled to build the board for the next round.

It is suggested that Player 2 (the attacking player) chooses all figures from the Utgar and Vydar Heroscape armies. Player 1 (the defending player) chooses all figures from the remaining armies.

Player 1 chooses their army as follows:
  • 300 pt army for Helm’s Wall
  • 400 pt army for Helm’s Breach (maximum 24 hexes)
  • 300 pt army for Helm’s Gate
  • 300 pt reinforcement army for Helm’s Breach 2

Player 2 chooses their 1,500 pt army and splits it up as follows:
  • Splits 500 pts off for Helm’s Breach (maximum 24 hexes)
  • Remainder will begin the campaign at Helm’s Wall (maximum 48 hexes)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.

Last edited by peteparkerh; July 11th, 2018 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Added Download
Old November 22nd, 2009, 07:13 PM

H4XGD is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Helm's Deep Campaign

I am so pumped for this to begin building, I can't even express it. You can be sure that my feedback will be right here with every update!
Old November 22nd, 2009, 07:46 PM

ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Helm's Deep Campaign (LOTR)

Very cool, nice to see someone else is also making LotR maps as well!

If I may suggest, I have already created a map for the breach of the wall, Ironically enough, with the set requirements of 1 RotV, RttFF, and FotA sets each. You can find my map, Breach of the Deeping Wall, in my map thread, under the LotR Maps section.

Proto's Custom Maps and Units!
Old November 22nd, 2009, 09:44 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoFury View Post
Very cool, nice to see someone else is also making LotR maps as well!

If I may suggest, I have already created a map for the breach of the wall, Ironically enough, with the set requirements of 1 RotV, RttFF, and FotA sets each. You can find my map, Breach of the Deeping Wall, in my map thread, under the LotR Maps section.
Very cool. Actually I've already built most of the board. I just don't have it in Vitualscape yet. I just finished the Helm's Gate and Helm's Keep maps tonight. I only have two sets of each, so I can only build half of this at a time. Stay posted, I should load the first map in the next couple of days.

Old November 23rd, 2009, 12:11 AM

Lank281 knows what's in an order marker Lank281 knows what's in an order marker

It's been quite a while since I've posted, or even been logged on to visit this sight at all. Sadly, I just didn't have the time nor the energy for HeroScape. But tonight, I couldn't help but to ask myself, "what are the 'Scapers up to now-a-days?" I logged on, and I find this. Just who do you think you are, peteparkerh? Coming up with a fantastic idea like this?! Well congrats to you, good sir. You have (re)peaked my long lost interest, thank you! I'll just wait right here until you're finished... <humming>
Old November 23rd, 2009, 06:13 PM
Mayor of Scape City

This is the second map in the campaign. It uses 1 ROTV, 1 FOTA, & 1 RTTFF. I introduce:

Old November 23rd, 2009, 08:55 PM

ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby!

I like it. It's always interesting to see what someon else will do with the same idea and criteria, but completely seperate from you. I really like this.

Last edited by ProtoFury; November 24th, 2009 at 06:30 AM.
Old November 24th, 2009, 06:26 AM
Mayor of Scape City

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoFury View Post
I like it. It's always interesting to see what someon else will do with the same idea and criteria, but completely seperate from you. I like this.
What I was trying to do with this map was to have multiple ways it could be played. I tried to shift the breach as much as I could to the right and then put an over the hill option on the left.

I'll try to post the next map tonight.

Old November 24th, 2009, 06:30 AM

I didnt consider an over-the-hill option on mine, but I rather lik the way yours turned out.

Old November 24th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Mayor of Scape City

Ok, I couldn't resist. Here are pictures of the whole map (all four sections) as well as the first map.

Old November 24th, 2009, 06:29 PM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

This is fantastic. I'll be trying this out very soon.

I'm selling a bunch of Heroscape stuff to pay for personal emergencies, please see my trade thread post: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=6803
Old November 24th, 2009, 06:30 PM

That's pretty fantastical. Makes me wish I had two more FotA, and one more RotV.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios