Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old December 10th, 2016, 09:48 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Utah soundoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashMan00 View Post
This looks like a blast I really hope I can remember to make it haha, life is crazy for me right now, new car/phone/girl/routine(gym)/career(fire performing) mosty people wanting me to spin fire at their parties..
Yeah! Would love to have you there! It's gunna be a sweet tournament, with some boss prizes...so you won't wanna miss it

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old December 11th, 2016, 04:37 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

Agreed, we would really love to have you and any friends you care to bring @CrashMan00

If any thing come for the prizes!!

H E R O S C A P E
Old December 11th, 2016, 04:50 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

@Tiranx , I am aware that we are starting on the earlier side (And for that I'm sorry), but the reason we are doing this is because we are currently planning on 10 whole rounds... which can take a while. That's why we are starting early.

H E R O S C A P E
Old December 11th, 2016, 11:08 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

10 whole rounds of awesome!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old December 15th, 2016, 08:01 PM

Watch out boyyzz! Lady Heroscape and I are coming to take the crown!! No body shall stand in our way!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old December 15th, 2016, 08:22 PM

BryanBlaze Woo who?

Played a game last night with some friends, haha warmed up a bit and brushed off the dust

- Bryan Blaze

---> Check out my viral fire performance videos on YouTube!
The Human Dragon - 176k+ VIEWS
Helium Fire 8k Resolution - 256K+ VIEWS
Old December 16th, 2016, 05:13 PM

I can feel it coming!! 10:30 AM tomorrow, Heroscape is coming to town!!

H E R O S C A P E
Old December 18th, 2016, 02:44 PM

Well played everyone! Great tournament, and looking forward to future tournaments and events with the Utah group reborn! +rep to @Scaperedude for a great tournament and prize table!

Would love to read your battle reports for those that are willing to post. I'll be posting mine eventually

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old December 19th, 2016, 01:27 AM

For sure!!! Thank you SO SO SO much to everyone who came and made it a great event on Saturday!!! A special thank you to @Sir Heroscape for help organizing rounds, helping with the prize table, and bringing maps!! Another thank you to @BiggaBullfrog and @Leaf_It for all the help with maps!! (Really couldn't have done it with out them!!)

I'll be posting my battle reports soon, but until then congrats to True who took 1st place, @relish who took second , and @The Dewk who took third!! (Those places are correct, right?)

H E R O S C A P E
Old December 21st, 2016, 04:11 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

That was a stellar time. Thank you to all you organizers! A good first time tournament experience means a lot.

That also means this is my first ever tournament report!

I brought along the following army from my lot of dudes:
Army 1 - x2 Phantom Knights, Major Q9, Marcu Esenwein, Isamu
Army 2 - x2 Deathreavers, x3 Marro Stingers, Raelin, Isamu

Round one, Pool of Shadows, opponent selected to play against Stingers & Rats.
I was paired against a guy named Aaron (I apologize if I don't have that correct). He was super nice, explaining to me how treasure glyphs worked and later correcting my play mistakes (I often forget that engaged figures have to attack each other). His army was sweet - Phantom Knights complementing Sir Dupuis, with Zetacron as ranged support. I won first round initiative, which let me grab the regular glyphs with my rats quite quickly (bonus movement, bonus D20). Sir Dupuis ran down the center canyon to grab a treasure glyph (bonus defense), but my rats clogged up any further movement from the 8 movement Frenchman. Zetacron got a few pot shots off and took out a pair of rats and a lone stinger, but then succumbed to wounds from that stinger's angry brothers. I decided to focus on Sir Dupuis. His Chalice of Fortitude was activated, giving him a solid 5 defense, he killed the rats in his way, charged forward, and took out Raelin. But it wasn't enough - he was still at the bottom of the canyon, so my stingers still had height,and soon finished the job. The stingers then mopped up the remaining Phantom Knights. Admittedly, my opponent rolled poorly in the early game, which was a huge deal. 1-0

Round two, Scout's Lookout, opponent selected to play against Stingers & Rats.
I was paired up against Relish (who ended up getting second place in the event). He was playing Mimring, Krug, and a pair of Arrow Gruts. The nicest guy, he was great about enlightening me and my lack of knowledge of units ("Why are you moving Mimring if you just activated your Arrow Gruts?"). It felt pretty even for the early to mid game, with stingers killing gruts and occasionally wounding Mimring, and Gruts and Mimring killing rats and stingers. Then Mimring pulled a particularly deadly Fire Line, killing 2 stingers and Isamu in my start zone, which put me in a desperate situation. Luckily she was dead 2 Order Markers later, so it was time to play with Krug. Luckily it took him a few turns to get to where he need to go, and although he smashed a few stingers to pulp, the others took him down. It was a fairly close game! 2-0

Round three, Column Slalom, opponent selected to play against Stingers & Rats
I feel bad, but I don't remember this particular opponents name. He was playing a unique group of units - Crixis, Nakita Agents, Kazuke Samurai, and Rats. We both knew initiative was a big deal here, as whoever rolled higher would get control of both of the glyphs with their rats. Unfortunately, I rolled low, and my opponent nabbed both glyphs. It was all downhill from there - his Nakitas got the only highground on the map, and wrecked everything I had. I actually conceded before all my units were actually gone, because there was no way I was going to turn this massacre around (I had killed 2 of his rats; he had killed Raelin, 5 Stingers, and a number of rats) and I hadn't had lunch (as my last round had gone long). It was a fairly eye-opening experience - I knew initiative was important, but I didn't realize how game changing it can actually be, as that first round dash for the glyphs and high ground was key (well, followed by my opponent getting initiative the next 3 rounds as well). 2-1

Round four, Hell's Gate, opponent selected to play against Stingers & Rats
It was The Dewk vs The Dude. He was playing 2 squads of 4th Massachusetts Line and Charos. They seemed to complement each other fairly well, but the game went poorly for The Dude - I don't know what he did to make the dice so angry, but both attack and defense dice were not doing him any favors. No one likes to win off of their opponent's bad luck, but that is what happened. 3-1

Round five, Dance of the Dryad, opponent selected to play against Stingers & Rats
This round I played against Tru (who ended up taking first in the event), which was fun, as we had played against each other a few weeks before for practice. We decided to play against the armies we hadn't seen each other play yet, so he was playing 3 Black Wyrmling, 2 Red Wyrmling, Nilfheim, and Isamu. Rats moved up and grabbed some decent glyphs (move and initiative). Wyrmlings moved up and melted some rats. Stingers pinged a few Wyrmlings, Wyrmlings melted a few stingers. After killing most of the baby dragons, out comes Nilfheim! Kills Raelin, but succumbs to stingers. After that stingers mop up. We both noted that the dice decided to be interesting for Tru - every Red Wyrmling roll was successful but one, and every Black Wyrmling roll was a failure except one. Good game all around, could have easily gone either way. 4-1

Round six, Sidewinder, opponent selected to play against Q9 and his Phantom Knights (finally!)
This round was against Sir Heroscape, playing an army I had played against before - 4 squads of Goblin Cutters, and Major Q10. This game was.... special. My first Phantom Knight grabbed the first glyph (movement), which allowed my second one to fly over and grab the other glyph (initiative). Not very fair, but at least it was not very fair in my favor heheh. This gave Q9 some nice movement, and the ability to stomp up the hill, kill 3 of the 4 cutters that have advanced, and then loom over Sir Heroscape's start zone (but not before taking a disengagement wound from the 4th cutter; I just thought the positioning was too good to resist). The next round was Q9 mowing down poor cutters that never even saw the light of an activation. But Sir Heroscape wasn't going to take that - Q10 repeatedly blasted at his predecessor, eventually taking him down before he could kill all the goblins (only THREE goblins left by the time Q9 died). So it was 3 goblins & Q10 vs 6 Phantom Knights, Isamu, and Marcu. I felt okay about that. However, Q10 MOWED THROUGH ALL 6 KNIGHTS, ISAMU, AND MARCU. He took exactly one wound! This was probably my favorite match of the day, as it was close, hilarious, and the realization that the only kills either of us did were off of our robots was pretty awesome. 4-2

Round seven, Invasion, opponent selected to play against Stingers and Rats
It was Scaperedude himself, playing Krav Maga Agents, Izumi Samurai, and Nilfheim. The early game definitely belonged to Scaperedude, as he got really good positioning with Krav Maga Agents and Samurai, and was picking off my units slowly but surely, but the sheer number of Stingers overwhelmed them. The Samurai killed their points worth, but succumbed to stings as well. Him having to take down Raelin before being able to effectively tear into the bulk of my army helped me a lot. Nilfheim joined the fray, and it was close. I considered rolling for Stinger Drain, but I feel that Stinger Drain is only for last ditch efforts or when you're already in a decent position (where a failure won't change things dramatically). I had rolled Stinger Drain earlier to try and pierce through the Samurai's excellent defense, but failed, so I learned my lesson. That line of thinking must have paid off, as the dragon went down. 5-2

Round eight, Underground Iceways, opponent selected to play against Q9 and the Phantom Knights
I was playing one of the youngsters (I forgot his name, unfortunately), and man, those kids were skilled players. This one was piloting Fen Hydra, Omnicron Snipers, Krug, and a filler White Wyrmling. I grabbed the glyphs early with the Phantom Knights, and they were very nice - defense bonus and common squad attack bonus. Lost a few knights to the Snipers and Hydra, but got Q9 into a position where he could see (and blast) just about everything. I made the decision to kill the Omnicron Snipers first, which really paid off - Order Marker #2 only got to use one sniper, and Order Marker #3 was a dud. Had those OMs been on the Hydra, it would have been a different game. But as it is, Q9 killed the Hydra, wounded Krug 6 times (before dying), and allowed the Phantom Knights to finish the job. 6-2

And that was that! My 6-2 record put me in 3rd place, and I was able to choose Sir Gilbert the Flag Bearer as my prize (but man, any of those prizes would have been sweet; that prize table was most excellent).
Old December 21st, 2016, 08:57 PM

Wow...an 8 round tournament and 2, 350pt armies to choose...WHAT?! This tournament preparation was difficult. I spent a lot of time thinking about what I wanted to play and how to play it. After a lot of thought, I decided that I needed mostly strong range support and lots of numbers...so I decided on two armies I felt fairly confident with already. I decided Cutters were strong against most any army, especially ranged armies, and Q10 could back them up really well. That, and with my other army, Kaemon Awa is a beast on his own, and some expendable but underestimated Roman Archers could be worth a shot. So that's what I went with...mainly because the past two tournaments I'd brought these figures and gotten to the Championship each time.
So I decided upon:

Army 1:
Major Q10
Goblin Cutters X4

Army 2:
Kaemon Awa
Roman Archers X4
Isamu

here's how it went...

Battle 1 vs. Dadude

Charos, 4th Mass X2 & Krav, Sentinels of Jandar X2, Guilty
vs.
Kaemon Awa, Roman Archers X4, Isamu & Major Q10, Goblin Cutters X4

Map: Invasion

Picking which army to for dadude to play was trying to pick the better of two evils. I knew I was at a disadvantage after he chose my roman army to play. So, I decided I better try for the 4th Mass and Charos and hope I could take out the blue coats before I ran out of archers. Unfortunately for me, I never really made it out of my start zone. The blue coats were speedier than my archers and were able to gain elevation much faster than I could develop. Archers were falling fast to the four attacks, but I had enough of them that I was able to take out 1 squad of 4th mass before running out of archers. At this point, Kaemon Awa started giving me hope. He ran in and mopped up the remaining squad of 4th Mass and taking 2 wounds. But even still...a full life Charos vs. a half life Kaemon is never a great situation, even if Kaemon is ranged. I was able to get height and shoot down on Charos, but due to an initiative switch, Charos was able to fly in and take out Kaemon with little effort.

Record: 0-1

Battle 2 vs. Ben

Subakna, Nagrubs X3, Negoksa & NotNW, Brunak, Raelin (RotV), Marro Warriors
vs.

Map: Underground Iceways

Coming into this game I felt pretty confident. My Goblins are beasts when they swarm, and I was not scared at all about killing his figures who already had low defense. I proved to be prophetic. The game was a slow bleed for Ben, my cutters swarmed very well and ripped through his army with ease. The majority of the time was actually spent trying to kill off Negoksa who was sitting on a defense glyph for most of the game, and he finally went down after many cutters hacking at his ankles.

Record: 1-1

Battle 3 vs. relish

Krug, Mimring, Arrow Gruts X2& Fire Elementals X5, Kurrok, Marro Warriors
vs.

Map: Stygian Rift

Well I did not want fire elementals running around with lava immunity, and burning up my whole army (because I've seen what fire elementals can do...and it's not pretty), and so I opted for the gruts and Mimring...but I was still very affraid of mimring's 8 range special that could take out my archers with very little effort. Again, I was prophetic. Most of the game was watching my Roman Archers get roasted by mimring...but not without putting a few key wounds on him, and taking out his supporting arrow gruts. This game was in relish's favor until one very crucial moment when at the start of a new round he put all his OM's on his arrow gruts b/c they bond with Mimring. What he didn't realize was that he only had 2 left, and both of them were on lower elevation and both were within range of Kaemon Awa's special attack. I won initiative. I was absolutely stoked...thinking that I had this round all to myself after i basically would instakill the last 2 gruts and steal his order markers. Well...the dice gods decided otherwise. My first attack down on a 1/4, which gave him a chance to defend...and the second attack on the grut resulted in a heart crushing blank from my Samurai. It was at this point that all hope was gone. Had I killed the grut I would have had free reign the rest of the map and taken out the one life Mimring and started poking at Krug...but it was not to be, and Mimring promptly dispatched of Kaemon and then Isamu with Krug never taking an activation.

Record: 1-2

Battle 4 vs. BiggaBullfrog

Marrden Hounds X2, Guilty, DW9000 & Khosumet, Anubians X3, Marro Warriors
vs.

Map: Quasatch Warfare

I was okay with this matchup, but not confident b/c my cutters like to swarm and DW9000 with his special can keep my goblins from scurrying and can burn em up pretty quick. But this was sadly not Bigga's day. His Hounds locked in a lot of my cutters, but with their swarming special I was able to take them out with little resistance. But even that was not the worst...I decided to send in a lone Goblin to engage 9000 just to lock him down. I decided what the heck, and attacked him from same level with a 1/2 result, and wouldn't ya know it, Bigga blanked 0/9! That little cutter musta climbed up into his armor and cut some important wires lol!

Record: 2-2

Battle 5 vs. Crashman00

Saylind, Sonlen, Rhogar & Sonya, Cyprien, Krav, Marro Warriors
vs.

Map: Entangled

I was pretty confident about this matchup considering he only had 3 heroes and I was build with strong hero killing Roman Archers and Kaemon Awa. All was going well the first couple rounds. He teleported in with Sonlen and Saylind together and killed a couple archers, but not before getting multiple wounds from elevated attacks. It was then that he retreated back to his startzone to heal up and regroup. But even still, with the short map and road, I was able to reach him with my archers and elevated attacks and after only losing a couple squads over exchanged attacks, i was able to finish off Saylind and Sonlen...leaving the lone Rhogar against Romans Archers X2, Isamu and Kaemon Awa. But this is when it all went downhill. Rhogar proved to be a beast by burning up multiple archers at a time, and when he rushed back to my startzone, he took height in a position that protected him from level attacks. At this point it was who could outlast the other. Rhogar continued to be a beast and only take one wound at a time, while taking out multiple archers, isamu and even Awa. It came down to one Roman Archer and a One life Rhogar. I was able to get initiative, run away and take a pot shot...defended. It was then that he ran in, took lower elevation, and was barely able to reach my roman with his special fire attack...and I failed to defend. He took the win on this crazy close game! well fought.

Record: 2-3

Battle 6 vs. The Dewk

Q9, Phantoms X2, Marcu, Isamu & Stingers X3, Rats X2, Raelin (RotV), Isamu

Map: Sidewinder

I was not happy about either matchup, but i figured my Cutters with their swarm could help take out Q9 in the long run, so I gave him the robot army. Maybe not the best choice, because as I quickly came to remember...the Goblin scurry ability is only activated on a normal attack. Anyway...he takes a Move glyph while I develop a squad of cutters to contend on the initiative glyph on the other side and engage some phantoms. It was at the end of the first round that I realized my cutters would do no good until Q9 was dead, and they wouldn't be able to reach him, so I left them to be killed. I put all activations on Q10 who I felt would be the best contender for Q9. Unfortunately, Q9 was on a rampage and with buffed movement he was able to take height just outside my startzone and rip into my cutters. He was killing between 2-3 each turn, and killed 5 in one turn at one point. (but in order to gain height he had had to disengage a cutter, and receive a wound). While he was killing off all my cutters, I was relentlessly throwing shots at him with Q10, hoping upon a hope I could squeak in a wound here or there. Well after all but one squad of cutters were dead, I was able to finish of Q9, and then take his position on height. The Phantoms must have been pretty intimated by Q10 standing on the dead corpse of their metal captain because they did nothing by die when they flew in to engage Q10. It was nothing but mop up work after that. A crazy and swingy game, with only the Robots one either side getting the kills.

Record: 3-3

Battle 7 vs. Leaf_It

Arkmer, Kyntela, Aubriens X4 & Brave Arrow, Mohicans X4
vs.

Map: Quasatch Warfare

I felt the Aubriens would be the easiest to kill, considering their low defense and Mohicans are really good against range armies. But my main concern was their longer range than the Archers and their Frenzy. But I was willing to take my chances. Looking back, I wish I hadn't The Aubriens proved themselves that game, running around and killing Archers at nearly every attack to start. The dice started to calm down though, and I was able to land a number of kills on the Aubriens and gain some position back. But it was difficult considering he'd had control of the movement glyph for the first round or two and was able to develop his units onto height. As it came close to the end though, I was able to get Kaemon in and start ripping into the Aubriens and wittled them down to just one squad left. But with some key blanks by Awa, he went down...and with only a couple archers left and isamu vs. Aubriens and a full life Arkmer and Kyntela...I conceded defeat. One key factor was glyph control, but also frenzy. Leaf_it was able to get his archers to frenzy about 3 times during key moments in the game, and it really hurt me in the long run. Good Game!

Record: 3-4

Battle 8 vs. Randon

Torkulna, Nagrubs X2, Phantom Knights X1 & Minions of Utgar X3, Marcu

Map: Pool of Shadow

To be honest, I wasn't too worried about this matchup. Yes, Randon was in 4th place and had handled most of his opponents pretty well, but I felt my Roman Archers would handle themselves well against this army. That and I was the one to design this map, so I felt like I had an advantage there. This game was over by the first round. TKN came into the center and tried to take a treasure glyph and wounded himself. Then turn 2 I'd already gotten archers on height and reigned down arrows on the big ugly to do 2 wounds. He then activated his phantoms which allowed me to get in another attack on TKN which ended in a 4/6 attack and a 0/6 defense roll and a dead TKN by the end of the round. That was basically game, but we played it out, and Randon was able to take out a few Archers before succumbing to the inevitable defeat.

Record: 4-4

Final Record: 4-4
Final thoughts: Love the cutters. Will probably play them in future tournaments. Still love the Roman Archers, and I've gotten them to a Championship once, and I'm determined to do it again, but I'll need a little more practice with them. As it was, the tournament was awesome and full of some epic moments. The best part was playing against so many new opponents and on so many new maps. Well played all, and looking forward to our next event!

Sir Heroscape's Content

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; December 22nd, 2016 at 01:22 AM.
Old December 22nd, 2016, 03:34 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Man, what a fun tournament! 8 fast rounds was an awesome format to roll with, and I think the bring 2 aspect worked really well! I had a great time!

Bigga’s Battle Report

Bringing 2 350 point armies was a fun format to prepare for. Since I like to throw in honorable mentions for armies that I almost brought, this time around I almost brought two Christmas armies (red and green):

Moltenclaw 170
Greenscales x3 180

Cypriot Essenwein 150
Venoc Vipers x5 200

But I’ve already run the Vipers at a tournament, and figured I would have plenty of opportunity to run Greenscales at a later time. With the low point total, though, I decided to go with a couple armies that I didn’t think I would have as much opportunity to run at higher point total formats, so the two I brought were:

BiggaBullfrog’s Armies
Khosumet the Darklord 75
Anubian Wolves x3 225
Marro Warriors 50
350 Points/14 Spaces

Deathwalker 9000 140
Marrden Hounds x2 180
Guilty McCreech 30
350 Points/14 Spaces

Anubians are one of my favorite units that I don’t get to use a ton. I just like their play style of having to gauge when you go all in for kills based on their rolls. I also really enjoy playing the Hounds, and in this tourney I wanted to implement a strategy that I’ve always wanted to use but never got to - engage tons of figures with the Hounds and then blow them all up with my Deathwalker! How did that work out? Well, let’s see…

Game 1
Spoiler Alert!

Game 2
Spoiler Alert!

Game 3
Spoiler Alert!

Game 4
Spoiler Alert!

Game 5
Spoiler Alert!

Game 6
Spoiler Alert!

Game 7
Spoiler Alert!

Game 8
Spoiler Alert!

I had a great time! Lots of fun games, most of them against people I hadn’t played before! I was super happy to get to meet so many people, and to catch up with people I’d already met! I’m super glad we’ve got such a great community here in Utah/Idaho! I’m super looking forward to starting up some monthly stuff too! (I’m thinking of starting up some discussion on that following Christmas).

Thanks again to all who came and all who helped out! It was a blast!

Interesting Stats that I find interesting regarding armies I played:
Spoiler Alert!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers