Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old November 15th, 2016, 06:46 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Jingle Bell Bash (Utah)

Love the idea for this event! I'll be there for sure, and True should be as well. This sounds like it will be a blast! I can also provide some help with maps if you need.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old November 17th, 2016, 06:45 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

Perfect!!! So currently I have-
@BiggaBullfrog +True @Sir Heroscape +(?) (Let me know who's coming!)
@Leaf It + (Do you have guys you could bring?)
Scaperedude + 6 to 7

So currently we have 11 officially, but we still need to hear back from a lot of people, and that's not including the Sir Heroscape's friends.
@Tiranx @TREX @shmet @dart48 @The B.I.V. @UtahScott @relish @wjscaper we'd LOVE to have you at the Bash!!! Let me know know if you can come!!! (Am I missing anyone?)

H E R O S C A P E
Old November 17th, 2016, 09:15 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

So I just read the details a little more...and I actually have an issue with the format I'd like to bring up. As it reads in the OP...
Quote:
Before the round starts you roll the twenty sided die against your opponent, and whoever rolls highest chooses his opponents army. After that the person who rolled lower chooses his opponents army
I simply disagree with this if I'm going to end up bringing 2 armies I'll never end up using. Forcing each player to have to use one of their opponents armies is very limiting to the player, and you'll have some players who would end up brining a whole army of filler figures and weak figures just for the sake of screwing over their opponent. That's not really fun. A better way to remedy this and still make this a fun, competitive format would be to have each player bring 2 armies, and at the dice off, have the player who wins get to choose out of the 4 armies (2 from each player) which he wants to use. Then the other player gets to choose from the remaining 3 armies. This way people will still bring fun, competitive armies and they'll get to use their own armies if they want to.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old November 17th, 2016, 09:33 PM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
So I just read the details a little more...and I actually have an issue with the format I'd like to bring up. As it reads in the OP...
Quote:
Before the round starts you roll the twenty sided die against your opponent, and whoever rolls highest chooses his opponents army. After that the person who rolled lower chooses his opponents army
I simply disagree with this if I'm going to end up bringing 2 armies I'll never end up using. Forcing each player to have to use one of their opponents armies is very limiting to the player, and you'll have some players who would end up brining a whole army of filler figures and weak figures just for the sake of screwing over their opponent. That's not really fun. A better way to remedy this and still make this a fun, competitive format would be to have each player bring 2 armies, and at the dice off, have the player who wins get to choose out of the 4 armies (2 from each player) which he wants to use. Then the other player gets to choose from the remaining 3 armies. This way people will still bring fun, competitive armies and they'll get to use their own armies if they want to.
I read that to mean that you choose which army your opponent uses out of the two he brought. It would be good to clarify either way.

And, for what it's worth, the format Sir Heroscape described is one that's used often and is a good format to have a lot of games with different armies, it would probably fit in really well with the format you want, if you want to consider that direction too.

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old November 18th, 2016, 12:04 AM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
I read that to mean that you choose which army your opponent uses out of the two he brought. It would be good to clarify either way.

And, for what it's worth, the format Sir Heroscape described is one that's used often and is a good format to have a lot of games with different armies, it would probably fit in really well with the format you want, if you want to consider that direction too.
Hold on!! To clarify you bring two armies and your opponent chooses which of the two armies YOU BROUGHT you will be using! (You'll never be choosing your opponents army. Your opponent chooses which of your two armies you will be using! Does that clarify your concern?

H E R O S C A P E
Old November 18th, 2016, 02:35 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Ooookay...thanks for the clarification. Balance has returned to the universe

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old November 19th, 2016, 12:52 AM

Glad to hear it!! XD

H E R O S C A P E
Old November 22nd, 2016, 01:43 AM

kmgenius is surprisingly tart

I've never been to any kind of tournament, but I'd like to come to this and I could maybe even bring a couple friends. Just a few questions, are custom figures allowed (probably not), and about how much would the entrance fee be?
Old November 22nd, 2016, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmgenius View Post
I've never been to any kind of tournament, but I'd like to come to this and I could maybe even bring a couple friends. Just a few questions, are custom figures allowed (probably not), and about how much would the entrance fee be?
I think @Scaperedude said no custom figures and a $5 entrance fee.

Also, you're from Vernal? That's where my buddy True and I are from! I'll be heading there this weekend for Thanksgiving! That's really cool to know there will be other Vernalites coming out. My first tournament ever I came to Salt Lake from Vernal for the day and it was a blast, so I really hope you and your friends can make it!

10 Points Under Videos

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; November 22nd, 2016 at 02:12 AM. Reason: I was going to say let's carpool but then I remembered that, oh yeah, I live in Salt Lake now...
Old November 22nd, 2016, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Welcome! It's exciting to get more scapers involved! This is going to be quite the turnout.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old November 22nd, 2016, 10:26 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Don't know what maps you all wanna use for a Christmas tournament, but if you don't mind what maps you use, could you all try out my map?:

The Hotways or the Highways 4.0
Requires: 1 BftU, 2 VW, 1 FotA

Thanks for the consideration!
~HS2010

Last edited by Sheep; December 14th, 2016 at 09:51 PM.
Old November 22nd, 2016, 11:44 AM

kmgenius is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
I think @Scaperedude said no custom figures and a $5 entrance fee.
What about C3V or SOV figures? They're basically official right?..hehe. I have very few official units to choose from so that's why I ask.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events