Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old February 12th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Carcassonne: South Seas and Voluspa hit the table last night. C:SS was different enough to be enjoyable while similar enough to be comfortable.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old February 12th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Carcassonne: South Seas and Voluspa hit the table last night. C:SS was different enough to be enjoyable while similar enough to be comfortable.
I almost played C:SS with Dan (the GameBoyGeek) when I was in AZ, but we just didn't get that far.

We did Steam Park, Article 27, One Night Ultimate Werewolf, and Mayday Mayday. All good, though each is a different kind of game that may not be to everyone's liking.

Steam Park is a great family/casual game, my favorite of the night (though that is a close measure--I'd quite happily play any of these again). Article 27 includes tons of negotiation and tabletalk. One Night was (imo) a nice improvement on Werewolf and was my second favorite of the night. Mayday Mayday was a very different approach to secret traitors that I liked a lot (but with some research seems a bit higher priced than I'd pay for it).

C:SS and Francis Drake seemed to mock me as I realized we just weren't going to have time to get to them...
Old February 12th, 2014, 05:21 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

A question at the people that meet regularly in a gaming group. How long do you play for when you meet? (I ask because I have never had the pleasure of being part of such a group & wondering what if I was to start such a group what would be reasonable - but please let me know how long you play for before speaking to the reasonability ).
Old February 12th, 2014, 05:33 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I usually get about 2 and a half to 3 hours every other week. It used to be more in back in the glory days, but both my friends have young kids.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 12th, 2014, 05:41 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Our Tuesday night game nights start at 6:00 and usually end around 10-ish.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old February 12th, 2014, 05:46 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

When I host a game night at my house it typically starts around 6pm or 7pm. People leave when they need to and usually the last person leaves sometime between 11pm and 1am. Most people either come late or leave early or both--I don't expect everyone to be there the whole time.

Also, almost all of my attendees are college students.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 12th, 2014, 06:04 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'd looked into Trains and Suburbia a bit.

Anyone played Lost Cities?

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old February 12th, 2014, 07:13 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
A question at the people that meet regularly in a gaming group. How long do you play for when you meet? (I ask because I have never had the pleasure of being part of such a group & wondering what if I was to start such a group what would be reasonable - but please let me know how long you play for before speaking to the reasonability ).

Monday nights from around 6-10pm, though it often goes later. I'm fortunate that one of the originators of our group is a manager at an indoor soccer complex. It has a large lobby with lots of tables that we can game on. There are other areas for the soccer parents to sit to watch their kids practice or whatever, as the place is quite busy with soccer (and now lacrosse) practice on evenings from fall to spring. We've got 71 members on our Boardgamegeek group page and 173 on our Facebook page. So we get anywhere from 15 - 30 people show up weekly. When soccer is back outdoors when the weather is good, we have monthly all day Saturday gaming sessions that go from like 11am-11pm.

Now aside from that place, I'm meeting 5 others this Saturday night at a game/comic store and the 6 of us are going to play Eclipse from around 6-10pm.

I've also had like 4 people over to my house for 4 or 5 hours, and have gone to other people's houses for about that much too.

My game group started 3 years ago this coming June and only had like 6-8 people in it. Obviously it has grown quite a bit. The way I found out about it and a way that others have found out about it is from the Guild page on Boardgamegeek.com. that one of the founders created. We've been getting a lot of new people showing up recently and ask how they found out about us and they said they google'd board games in Northwest Indiana and our BGG Guild page comes up at the top. Then they find the link to our Facebook page and ask to join.

So A3n, here's the links on the Queensland guilds page for Australia for you to check out. Maybe there are some that are near you or that can direct you to gamers in your area if you need to find some more. One thing that I've found over the past 2 1/2 years with my group, is that as it has grown, it gives me more flexibility to branch off to game with a few of the members of the group here and there and get into other types of games, as some people may be more into Euro games, while others might be more into minis games, or card games, or train games, or traitor type games etc.

Queensland
Critical Mass
Netrunner / Starwars LCG: Brisbane and Goldcoast.
The Boardgamers
Toowoomba Boardgamers

For others looking for game groups in their area, Here is a list of countries and after you click on your country, you can narrow it down by state or province etc.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; February 12th, 2014 at 10:04 PM.
Old February 13th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm trying to get my gaming group (we go together to play Munchkin, but we play other games occasionally) to play HS, among other games. We have 4-6 people, depending on who comes. Any suggestions for some simple to learn, fun games for several players?
Old February 13th, 2014, 09:10 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
I'm trying to get my gaming group (we go together to play Munchkin, but we play other games occasionally) to play HS, among other games. We have 4-6 people, depending on who comes. Any suggestions for some simple to learn, fun games for several players?
I've always found Pirates Cove and Piratology the Board Game to be fun games - not HS level, but some of my favourites apart from it.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 13th, 2014, 11:19 AM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
I've always found Pirates Cove and Piratology the Board Game to be fun games - not HS level, but some of my favourites apart from it.
Villagers and Villains! I picked it up at Gencon. It's a great Fantasy themed game, and so simple my family will actually play it with me! Basically, its a card game where you create your village, all while fending of monsters and occasionally screwing over another player .
Old February 13th, 2014, 12:11 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Most of my gaming is at home. We play as a family and at least once a month invite over another couple. We tend to do 6-10ish.

I only get once a month with an actual gaming group. It's an open Saturday deal, with people there from 11-11, roughly. Not many stay the whole time--though Tom (Vasel) tends to . I usually can only do a few hours, but I enjoy it.

My brother does a group that meets weekly and does 5/6-11ish (sometimes later). Again, people come and go. They tend to start small at 5 with a 2 player game, then more come and the games change to match. Usually they end with Werewolf or the like with everyone.

I went to his group when I was in AZ and we started just after 5pm and played to 10:30pm (usually they stay later, but other things came up).

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'd looked into Trains and Suburbia a bit.

Anyone played Lost Cities?
Lost Cities is a great two player game. It's stressful, challenging, and fun. I'll admit that I've mostly burned out on it, but for a while it was a real staple. Did I mention it was stressful?

Quote:
King of Tokyo is excellent with a flexible group size. Very accessible and fun. 7 Wonders might work, but that depends on your group. I like a game like Incan Gold or El Paso with a group (push your luck games).

What are some others (besides Munchkin) that you've got to work with them?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games