Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old January 17th, 2017, 12:47 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Does anyone know a good learn-to-play video?

What the title says.

I haven't dug around for myself yet, figuring there was a good chance that someone here knew (or made) exactly what I'm looking for.

I want a video that's not too long that introduces how to play the game while, preferably, giving a sense of how good the game is too.

Suggestions?
Old January 17th, 2017, 02:45 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Does anyone know a good learn-to-play video?

I would also really like this.
Old January 17th, 2017, 03:23 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Tom Vasel did a 5-video series on 'Scape, years ago. They're all pretty short videos.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 17th, 2017, 04:47 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
What the title says.

I haven't dug around for myself yet, figuring there was a good chance that someone here knew (or made) exactly what I'm looking for.

I want a video that's not too long that introduces how to play the game while, preferably, giving a sense of how good the game is too.

Suggestions?

Huh. I thought after all these years on the forum, and being involved in all these customs projects, that you would have learned to play by now.

I guess the glasses fooled me. I should have known better: lions can't play board games....
Old January 17th, 2017, 05:16 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Ha! I have most of it down after ten years or so, but I still get confused about some of the obscure rules. For example, if I have height with a special attack, do I get an extra die?

And thanks DS, I'll check those out.
Old January 17th, 2017, 05:18 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

You get an extra die, Ollie, but you have to keep it in your pocket and you may not roll it. Or look at it.

= =
Old January 17th, 2017, 05:44 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What if we are wearing sweat pants and don't have any pockets?
Old January 17th, 2017, 05:45 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Then you do not get to have the extra die. There are no exceptions to some rules.

= =
Old January 17th, 2017, 05:46 PM

Good thing I'm open to house rules.
Old January 18th, 2017, 10:18 AM
Is a Quadradical

I'm enjoying the Tom Vasel videos, but they're not quite what I'm looking for: they're a bit cheerleady first, learn-to-play second and I'd prefer the order switched. Any more leads?
Old January 18th, 2017, 10:50 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

The channel expertvillage on YouTube has a lot of videos on how to play. Unfortunately, there are some mistakes in rules, at least in the one I watched (he moved a double space figure sideways up a hill because he thought you couldn't move onto an uneven space).

Watch it Played has a nice episode on Heroscape, not very rules intensive but shows some dice throwing and explains order markers pretty well.

There's a similar intro video by Board Games with Scott that's worth checking out.
Old January 18th, 2017, 04:48 PM
Is a Quadradical

Thanks superfrog. That Watch It Played one comes pretty close to what I was hoping for. I'll use that.

Edit. I've put the Tom Vasel ones too, although I won't insist they watch the whole hour's worth, probably (I haven't myself yet).

Last edited by ollie; January 18th, 2017 at 06:10 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's