Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old March 10th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Matt Helm's Customs 3/5 Super-Skrull and Wasp update

I'm reallllly looking forward to seeing what you cook up as a lead designer on a C3G card, Mr. Helm. Have you decided who you're picking yet? I think you're about the only one who hasn't even hinted thus far.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 10th, 2010, 04:29 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
I don't know though, I think I'm reaching either way. Whatever you feel is best, I'll go with.
Actually this one is all you because I have the small clix so that'll be the figure I'll be putting on the card for myself . My hitzone will be the whole figure.

Your choice, it's take me 2 seconds to change it so don't think it an inconvenience in any way. (It actually will take longer to upload the new file than it will to actually do the change )

Cheers
Old March 10th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
I don't know though, I think I'm reaching either way. Whatever you feel is best, I'll go with.
Actually this one is all you because I have the small clix so that'll be the figure I'll be putting on the card for myself . My hitzone will be the whole figure.

Your choice, it's take me 2 seconds to change it so don't think it an inconvenience in any way. (It actually will take longer to upload the new file than it will to actually do the change )

Cheers
OK. let's try the head only hit zone, but more importantly, I'd love to see the alternate card with the small mini. If it works well enough, I may have to go out and get me one.
Old March 11th, 2010, 12:00 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Super Skrull slight wording change thanks to artemiscorso's test...

COIL WRAP
When rolling normal attack dice, figures engaged to Super-Skrull roll one less attack die. Coil Wrap does not affect any figures when Super-Skrull is adjacent to 3 or more figures at the same time.
Old March 12th, 2010, 01:33 AM
Captain Underpants

I hate asking A3n to help me with yet another overhaul but this card is unique for a few reasons. First off, it was one of the last that Garada helped me with before giving up plastics for rubbers. Therefore, it was never really tweaked to the point where I liked it and I've always considered it unfinished. Secondly, it is really one of the most popular cards in my small family circle of players and seems to get drafted all the time. He's really fun to play even though he's probably the most unconventional Helm creation as he strays from the official cards immensely (as does Dr. Strange who also gets considered in drafts every time).

Anyway, when ever we play with him, he seems too offensively powerful yet too easy to take out. Therefore, for the sake of balance, I want to change three things.
1) Raise his Life to 5 for a little more survivability;
2) Give defending figures a free defense die against Power Ring Special Attack. The point here is that although GL is copying Silver Surfer's Cosmic Blast, he shouldn't be exactly as proficient with it. The same goes for Hellboy's right Hand, Hawkeye's Choice Arrow, or Captain America's Shield Throw. We have a lot of fun letting GL mimic all of these powers but I'd like him to be just slightly weaker than the originals that he is emulating.
3) Adjacent figures now only get the extra defense die rather than the auto shield. However, it has been expanded to all normal attacks and not just non-adjacent ones. This will make the power similar to Invisible Woman's rather than more powerful than hers.

Now since it is so unique, I have struggled with the best possible wording for Power Ring Special Attack. Hopefully I've got it down to the most understandable while not straying to much from Heroscape language.

Please remember all, this is a "lunch box" iconic version of GL and not necessarily Hal Jordan.

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
LAWMAN
WORTHY
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 5
MOVE: 6
RANGE: 5
ATTACK: 5
DEFENSE: 4

POWER RING SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack Special.
Choose any special attack listed on the army card of an opponent’s Unique Hero and follow the chosen special attack as if it were on this card. Green Lantern is considered the attacking figure. Figures defending against Power Ring Special Attack may add 1 additional defense die.

EMERALD FORCE FIELD
When Green Lantern rolls defense dice against a normal attack, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled. All friendly figures adjacent to Green Lantern add 1 to their defense dice when defending against normal attacks.

FLYING
When counting spaces for Green Lantern’s movement, ignore elevations. Green Lantern may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Green Lantern starts to fly, if he is engaged he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPERSTRENGTH

-------------------------------------------------------------
As written, I hope it makes sense that the chosen special attack can be on a card of a destroyed figure. Even if you take out your opponent's Silver Surfer, he still has an army card and he still is an opponent's unique hero. Maybe the rules lawyers can help me out if I am wrong with that interpretation.

Pic from the internet:

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Matt Helm; March 12th, 2010 at 02:00 AM.
Old March 12th, 2010, 01:57 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: Matt Helm's Customs 3/12 GREEN LANTERN changes

No probs mate, as I have said just pile em up & I'll do them as I can.

Wasp & Super Skrull updates done.

Cheers
Old March 12th, 2010, 01:58 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This IS a cool custom.
Both abilities are A+. The emerald ring is easily understandable but I would like to take a crack at rewriting it once I get some more free time. I do like and support the additional defense die edit.
The Emerald Shield is especially cool to me. And Is perfect as is.
I assume even with the power of the Emerald Shield, the 4 life was still too weak? I can agree with Life 5. Personally, I feel weird with Life 4 on most the supers but working with the C3G mutants I have reluctantly gone along with it, somewhat convinced.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old March 12th, 2010, 01:59 AM
Captain Underpants

You are just a beast A3n . I thank you as always.

Yeah Confred, even with the shield he was paper thin against Supers. In the old form, a bruiser would easily engage him while a ranged attacker would fall back on Special Attacks. Because of his offensive possibilities, he would be the primary target and go down faster than a Green Lantern should. I think this new version will be more balanced but still maintain the same fun level.
Old March 12th, 2010, 02:02 AM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like him, and I think it was a good idea to limit the Power Ring Special Attack the way you did.

Defensively though, I think he's still too lightweight. I don't think his life was as much of an issue as his lack of defense dice.
Old March 12th, 2010, 02:22 AM

Ok here's GL I haven't taken the time to look at the wording at the moment but I will later (or over the weekend).

Ok I had quick look now what about...
Green Lantern may attack using a Special Attack listed on any opponent's Unique Hero Army Card. Figures defending against Power Ring Special Attack may add 1 additional defense die.

Cheers

Last edited by A3n; March 12th, 2010 at 02:32 AM.
Old March 12th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post

Green Lantern may attack using a Special Attack listed on any opponent's Unique Hero Army Card. Figures defending against Power Ring Special Attack may add 1 additional defense die.
Ummmmmmm... ... ... yes, Yes, YES! Much better. We just need to add one middle line clarifying that the attack should be applied as if GL were the subject. In other words, I'd hate to have a debate as to whether you choose a target within x number of spaces from GL or Mimring. I know it should be obvious, but you certainly could think that the way it's written, GL is just making other figures use their Special Attack.

What about?...

Green Lantern may attack using a Special Attack listed on any opponent's Unique Hero Army Card. Choose any Special Attack and add it to this card, applying Green Lantern as the attacking figure. Figures defending against Power Ring Special Attack may add 1 additional defense die.

Errrrrrr, this isn't so easy .

Last edited by Matt Helm; March 12th, 2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old March 12th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Good change on making the Power Ring Special Attack only use Unique Hero specials ... it was kind of broken/screwy when you could use Arrow Volley or Pounce.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations