Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 22nd, 2012, 04:27 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
The Book of Catgirl

The Book of Catgirl

C3G DC SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 34
ROBIN'S RECKONING

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Cosmic Justice set.
Its model number and name are #093 / Catgirl.

Character Bio - Caroline "Carrie" Kelly was just thirteen years old when she was rescued by Batman from a merciless gang of street thugs. The girl idolized the Dark Knight, and secretly spent her lunch money to buy a costume in the hopes of one day catching her hero's attention, in order to become his sidekick. Armed with a slingshot and firecrackers, Carrie targeted con men, and eventually crossed paths with her idol. After saving Batman during a vicious fight with a gang known as The Mutants, the Dark Knight accepted her as the new Robin. Three years later, Carrie now goes by Catgirl, and is still Batman's trusted second-in-command. Now costumed in a leopard-print bodysuit complete with motorized skates, and an arm cannon that fired batarangs, Catgirl's primary duty was to oversee the Sons of Batman. They fought to save a world ruled by the tyrants Lex Luthor and Brainiac. _________________________________________________________________

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • As a figure with the Vigilante Sidekick special power, Catgirl may take a turn after a Vigilante you control. Current Vigilantes.
  • Catgirl may use her Batarang Cannon special power before a Vigilante you control attacks. Current Vigilantes.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities
  • N/A
Benefits
  • As a Sidekick, Catgirl can stop Talia Al Ghul from attacking via her Divided Loyalty special power.
Weaknesses
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Arch-vile; July 25th, 2022 at 12:01 AM.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 04:27 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Catgirl ~~ Design Phase

NAME = CATGIRL
SECRET IDENTITY = CARRIE KELLY

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SIDEKICK
PERSONALITY = EAGER

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 60

VIGILANTE SIDEKICK
After revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of a Vigilante you control and taking a turn with that Vigilante, if Catgirl is within 6 clear sight spaces of that Vigilante, you may take an immediate turn with Catgirl, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control. If Catgirl is adjacent to that Vigilante when attacking an adjacent figure this turn, add 1 die to her attack.

ROLLER SKATES
Catgirl may add 3 to her Move number if she does not move up any levels of terrain this turn.

BATARANG CANNON
Once per turn, before a Vigilante you control attacks a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Catgirl, you may roll the 20-sided die three times. For each roll of 16 or higher, subtract 1 die from the defending figure's defense this turn. After using Batarang Cannon, Catgirl cannot attack until you reveal your next numbered Order Marker.

Last edited by SirGalahad; May 4th, 2014 at 12:37 PM.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 04:45 PM
...has moist legs

Old September 22nd, 2012, 06:07 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Looks good, although I am a little lost that the Batarang Cannon is a defensive power.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 07:25 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
BATARANG CANNON
Before Catgirl or a figure you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Catgirl attacks an opponent’s figure, you may roll the 20-sided die 3 times. For each roll, if you roll a 16 or higher, the defending figure rolls 1 fewer defense die for that attack.
I'm with A3n. She looks good, just not sure about the Cannon.

So if Batman attacks 3 different figures with Batarangs, do you roll the d20 3 times for each Batarang? Same for Punisher or what about Flash and Fist Fusilade? That's way too much d20 rolling.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 22nd, 2012, 10:50 PM
...has moist legs

It's not a defensive power, it lowers defense, which helps you offensively. I always pictured batarangs to be able to disarm or disorientate, so the theme seems fine to me.

I racked my brain for so long to try to find a way to cut down on the d20 rolling, and this is the closest I could get, so I want to brainstorm a little (Was going to mention it when I posted it, but my internet was cutting out and I had to get to work).

I'd preferably like to keep the 3 rolls, since that feels more like a rapid fire cannon to me. I'd like to keep it at a once per turn thing, but with the Vigilantes bonding, I'm not sure how to keep it without nerfing or beefing it too much. Hmm, maybe:

Quote:
BATARANG CANNON
Once per turn, before Catgirl or a figure you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Catgirl attacks an opponent’s figure, you may roll the 20-sided die 3 times. For each roll, if you roll a 16 or higher, the defending figure rolls 1 fewer defense die for that attack.
That way it Batman/Daredevil/whoever with multiple attacks attacks, then she can only use it once. And if she bonds, she can still use it herself, unless I'm misinterpreting the rules incorrectly?

Will this work?
Old September 22nd, 2012, 11:43 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Well I've never heard of Catgirl before, so hopefully someone else that's more familiar with her can chime in. I don't know how this Batarang Canon is represented in the comics. The mini and comic art don't have her with any kind of weapon, so it's kind of hard for me to get a visual of how this machine gun batarang canon is supposed to work. Because if she's bonding with Batman and you get to roll 3 d20's to lower the opponent's figure's defense that Batman is attacking, and then get to lower the figure's defense that Catgirl is attacking, that's 6 Batarangs flying out of that canon really quick. It's one thing to picture Bats replenishing his Batarangs as some return to him after he throws them, but is Catgirl continuously skating around reloading this canon?

I'm not down on this power LP, I'm just able to visualize how she does this in the comics as I don't know her at all.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 23rd, 2012, 12:08 AM
...has moist legs

They're wrist mounted cannons. I skimmed Dark Knight Strikes Again real quick, but I couldn't find any pictures of her using them.

Basically they're shot like bullets as opposed to thrown, so I figured they'd be faster.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 12:10 AM
...has moist legs

Ah, here we go! And yes, the art is weird.

Old September 23rd, 2012, 12:14 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Sorry, for some reason I read the power as triggering when the opponent attacks & they were rolling fewer attack dice.

So now that I have been corrected I hate it. She isn't that good to be able to fire & then make an attack herself. I could live with it if it was only activated when another figure you control attacks but then not if she gets to also take a turn with Vigilante Sidekick.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 12:18 AM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
So now that I have been corrected I hate it. She isn't that good to be able to fire & then make an attack herself. I could live with it if it was only activated when another figure you control attacks but then not if she gets to also take a turn with Vigilante Sidekick.
I could switch it to one per Order Marker, that way she has a choice of when to use it.

But if you really hate it that much, would that be enough...? What exactly do you want? And she is only 3 defense and 4 life, so she's not sticking around long at all.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 12:22 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Since you want brainstorming, what about changing things so that Catgirl moves in first and blasts with her batarang cannon and then the Vigilante moves in after?

Quote:
VIGILANTE SUPPORT
After revealing an Order Marker on a Vigilante card you control, before taking a turn with that Vigilante, if Catgirl is within 6 clear sight spaces of that Vigilante, you may take an immediate turn with Catgirl. If Catgirl did not attack this turn, you may roll the 20-sided die 3 times. For each roll, if you roll a 16 or higher, the defending figure rolls 1 fewer defense die for any attack during the Vigilante's turn. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

ROLLERSKATES
Catgirl may add 3 to her movement if she does not move up any levels of terrain this turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library