Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 7th, 2012, 01:33 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Catgirl ~~ Vote for playtesting!

yea

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old October 10th, 2012, 03:13 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Catgirl ~~ Playtesting Phase

Had some time so I knocked this one out. Hope ya don't mind!

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Catgirl

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass. The only thing I wondered (giving my limited knowledge of the character but remembering some discussion of the character and that she led a team of Bat Boys), is if her Batcannon power shouldn't work with Sidekicks as well. Might make her a bit less niche.

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass. Could be a b!tch with Punisher's Armor Piercing Rocket, but I find both powers a little too unreliable to be considered anywhere near broken.

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass.

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass. I found Batcannon to be a small but very fun power that feels very cool.

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass. For 60 points, even if her Batcannon isn't working, she can skate into somebody's face and hold them down for an attack or two and not feel wasted.

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass. For 60. If she goes up at all I'll probably be much less interested.

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass. I never got to use Skates as Hydra Base Gehenna is a bit rocky and she usually climbed up behind her vigilante and camped in order to get the most use out of Batcannon. My only other concern is that with her powers are a bit of a mismatch: she gets to back up a Vigilante, but only if she's within 5 spaces... but her mobility encourages her to break out ahead... and she can reduce an opponent's defense... but she has to be within 4 spaces of the target before the Vigilante attacks... which sometimes doesn't work because she's taking a turn AFTER the Vigilante... but for 60 points I can deal.

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass. Since Vigilantes tend to be a bit fragile, if all else fails use her for a 1-2 turn meat shield.

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 60 felt fine.
- Give a brief overview. She really never got a chance to use any power but Vigilante Sidekick here, but she choked up the road at a key point and allowed Punisher to tear through a crucial piece in the opponent's army. Granted, this one was a bit of a lucky occurence, but as I stated before this shows that she's useful even as a meat shield.
Map: Hydra Base Gehenna
Units: Batman, Catgirl, Robin (Dick), Punisher, Alfred (600) vs. Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Moon Knight (600)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 60 felt fine here... if Dinah had been rolling hot, Catgirl might have felt more like 70 here as she averaged a Batcannon distraction each turn... but the Green Arrow/Black Canary/Vigilante sidekick combo really benefits from having Commander Rogers available as an OM failsafe since they all tend to be a little fragile.
- Give a brief overview. Catgirl hit quite a few Batcannon rolls here, which is useful against high defense figures like the Gorilla City Warriors and Grodd, but unfortunately her team wasn't able to exploit the reductions very well (I've never had Dinah miss so many FoF rolls). Still, her team won handily here.
Map: Hydra Base Gehenna
Units: Catgirl, Black Canary, Green Arrow, Commander Rogers (750) vs. Gorilla Grodd, Gorilla City Warriors x1, Professor Zoom, Atom (750)
Spoiler Alert!

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!

Last edited by Margloth; October 10th, 2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old October 10th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

She's looking good at 60. Nice tests, Margloth! Thanks for the help.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 10th, 2012, 05:38 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Awesome, thanks!

I know the powers are "mismatched," but that was the concensus. Just draft her with other sidekicks, and that's solved! As for the Cannon working with sidekicks, I'm pretty sure the other heroes wanted her to just work with Vigilantes.
Old October 10th, 2012, 09:28 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'd be open to Bat-Cannon working with Sidekicks as long as it's other Sidekicks (aka shouldn't work on her own attack).

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 10th, 2012, 09:39 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'd be open to Bat-Cannon working with Sidekicks as long as it's other Sidekicks (aka shouldn't work on her own attack).
That's what I assumed. Should we change it? If so, I'd like to get that third test, I think.
Old October 10th, 2012, 09:43 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I don't know as you'd really need a 3rd test. You know the math: A one in 4 chance in hitting the roll, and 3 times to try. That doesn't change with Sidekicks, and really she's probably less effective in a Sidekick army (since she doesn't have bonding, yet).

EDIT: Although you'd probably want to make it a "once per OM" power, since she could back up both Batman and Robin. Probably want it that way even if she doesn't work with Sidekicks... can't Nite Owl bond with other Vigilantes?

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old October 10th, 2012, 09:53 PM
...has moist legs

Can we use "Once per OM" without it being overly cheesy? I'm fine with it (And yeah, Nite Owl bonds with Vigilantes), just gotta work on the wording.
Old October 10th, 2012, 09:57 PM

Yeah, I'd want it once per Order Marker too, but the wording on that might be too difficult to figure out to make such a change worthwhile ....

Old October 11th, 2012, 03:22 PM
...has moist legs

60 still looks good to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Eyed Jedi
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Catgirl

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass.

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass.

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass.

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass.

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass.

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass, lots of fun.

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass, a lowish point figure strikes terror into even the heaviest of hitters, making her a target.

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass, a support unit sidekick! Yes please.

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass, even though my d20 was kinda cold, I think the roll is fine.

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass, keep her protected and within 4 of the opponents figures, and she will shine as bright as your D20!

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? 60 seems good.
- Give a brief overview. Catgirl skates into postion, uses her Batarang Cannon several times but can't roll well. She becomes a priority target and with some lucky rolls stays upright but eventually goes down.
Map: X-marks the spot (no glyph and all C3G optional rules)
Units: Team 1. Catgirl, Batman (v2) Robin (Tim) Punisher. 610 points
Team 2. Lexcorp Security (x2) Sandman, Electro 605 points.

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? 60 seems kinda low for her potential. If she makes the Batarang Cannon roll with any consistency
- Give a brief overview. Catgirl with Scanner (from Bats) moves in trying to stay adj to Cops. Uses her Batarang Cannon several times but misses most. She does reduce Harley's defense leading to her destruction, also with the Cannon helps Robin deal wounds to Joker. Becomes a Priority Target with that Cannon though and goes down to DP. Punisher w/h really outperformed in this one
Map: X-marks the spot (all C3G optional rules, no glyphs)
Units: Team 1. Catgirl, Robin, 5th Precinct Beat Cops, Gordon, Punisher, Batman (V2) Alfred. 890 points
Team 2. Joker, (V2) Harley Quinn, Deadpool, Hugo Strange, Arkham Inmates (x3) 890 points.

Spoiler Alert!

After doing the first test, I realized she needed protecting some. So that really influenced my drafting in the 2nd game. I wish I had tested her using different Vigilantes in that first one. Sorry for using pretty much same teammates in both tests, I can do another test with different teammates if needed. I think that 2nd team is about as competitive as she can get though.
Old October 11th, 2012, 03:40 PM

pre-yea for Final Editing at 60. Let's clear this out from the playtesting thread.

Old October 11th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Pre-yea at 60 for final editing

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library