Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old April 10th, 2023, 09:54 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Morgoloth

for those of us who do not work with metal minis, how do you "glue" pewter?

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old April 10th, 2023, 10:18 AM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
for those of us who do not work with metal minis, how do you "glue" pewter?
Most Superglues will work, however I recommend you use a superglue gel like this one: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gorilla-S...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

The less superglue you use the better. A small dab will bind better than a glob.
Old April 10th, 2023, 12:28 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I didn't know Pewter/Metal was cheaper...I guess I just assumed it was more expensive. Interesting to know.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 10th, 2023, 12:46 PM

Shadowking rolls all skulls baby! Shadowking rolls all skulls baby! Shadowking rolls all skulls baby! Shadowking rolls all skulls baby!

Metal is more expensive to purchase on a figure-by-figure basis generally (the material itself is more costly), but much cheaper to cast & make molds for - especially in small quantities. Plastic molding essentially isn't viable for small-scale runs, though AFAIK resins can be in some cases depending on the circumstances.
Old April 10th, 2023, 08:14 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Heads up, the company Temple of the West is now selling this sculpt in pewter. It comes unpainted. https://www.templewest.co/shop/the-back-of-the-garage/8
Whoa! Is that a pseudo-Heroscape seller? Clearly they know C3V…? Do you know if they’ll do more?
Yes to all of the above. It was already summarized nicely but the Temple of the West owner is a huge Heroscape fan and a personal friend of mine. He's currently working to release a new game called Confrontation Continuum and as such, is working on a number of Confrontation figures, all pewter.

He's also working on the next molds for the Ebon Armor figures and will have them avaliable to sell soon. I've given him suggestions for the other hard to find Confrontation figures outside of the Ram box and he'll consider them too provided that the cost is reasonable.

One thing the failed Heroscape relaunch campaign showed him was that there were 4000 eager fans willing to buy unpainted miniatures for Heroscape. For a small company like his, it's a great business opportunity to bring to market any figures that this community wants that he has the rights for. I'll let him share more details or I'll ask him if he wants to share more information on his behalf.

Great times ahead!
@SuperSamyon that is great to hear that he has a love for Heroscape like so many of us. Since he is focused on revitalizing Confrontation with Confrontation Continuum a recommendation is that he builds molds for all of the C3V Customs that use Confrontation figures (i.e. Varkaanan Swiftfangs, etc...). This would be a win win since Heroscapers that want those figures could get them and use them with Heroscape and then for anyone that had ever played Confrontation could use them if his Confrontation Continuum takes off. I never played Confrontation, but always wanted to based on numerous videos I had seen about it. Unfortunately, for me Confrontation went defunct and before I purchased any of it the cost went to steep so I bypassed it altogether.
Old April 10th, 2023, 11:35 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatormustang View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Heads up, the company Temple of the West is now selling this sculpt in pewter. It comes unpainted. https://www.templewest.co/shop/the-back-of-the-garage/8
Whoa! Is that a pseudo-Heroscape seller? Clearly they know C3V…? Do you know if they’ll do more?
Yes to all of the above. It was already summarized nicely but the Temple of the West owner is a huge Heroscape fan and a personal friend of mine. He's currently working to release a new game called Confrontation Continuum and as such, is working on a number of Confrontation figures, all pewter.

He's also working on the next molds for the Ebon Armor figures and will have them avaliable to sell soon. I've given him suggestions for the other hard to find Confrontation figures outside of the Ram box and he'll consider them too provided that the cost is reasonable.

One thing the failed Heroscape relaunch campaign showed him was that there were 4000 eager fans willing to buy unpainted miniatures for Heroscape. For a small company like his, it's a great business opportunity to bring to market any figures that this community wants that he has the rights for. I'll let him share more details or I'll ask him if he wants to share more information on his behalf.

Great times ahead!
@SuperSamyon that is great to hear that he has a love for Heroscape like so many of us. Since he is focused on revitalizing Confrontation with Confrontation Continuum a recommendation is that he builds molds for all of the C3V Customs that use Confrontation figures (i.e. Varkaanan Swiftfangs, etc...). This would be a win win since Heroscapers that want those figures could get them and use them with Heroscape and then for anyone that had ever played Confrontation could use them if his Confrontation Continuum takes off. I never played Confrontation, but always wanted to based on numerous videos I had seen about it. Unfortunately, for me Confrontation went defunct and before I purchased any of it the cost went to steep so I bypassed it altogether.
I agree completely. I just sent him a list of all of the Confrontation figures Heroscapers use. Provided that each new release funds the next release, I believe his plan is to keep going until all the sculpts are transferred over. Hopefully the community supports this initiative to help the VC world and because these are just awesome figures to own.
Old April 11th, 2023, 12:13 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

But wait...this could also mean that any of the unused confrontation minis COULD be used for future VC releases....hmmmm!!!!

like those paladins and those mounted knights...

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old April 11th, 2023, 12:32 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
But wait...this could also mean that any of the unused confrontation minis COULD be used for future VC releases....hmmmm!!!!

They would still all be unpainted though, right? Unless I've missed something?
Old April 11th, 2023, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Quote:

fair point.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old April 12th, 2023, 10:03 AM

Temple of the West is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

fair point.
Hey Guys! Jumping in here... We will be molding (most) all of the plastic Confrontation. And while it will not be pre-painted I will say that they universe is mostly going unpainted due to labor costs. The figures that are still sold pre-painted, like in the D&D sets, have the absolute cheapest most garbage paint job on them that I've ever seen. Yes, they are painted... But I could show you guys how to get a 500% better paint job on these figures in about 20 mins per mini using a minimum of paints. I'll work on some videos of these latest figures to show you how easy it is to achieve a great table top paint job on these. "IF" Hasbro does ever bring back AoA we all know it will still be unpainted, so having some basic skills in the paint department will benefit you in the long run for Scape. The Confrontation guys are already interested in the other figures from the range, so if the Scape guys want to work on profiles they will be available to purchase and match their existing figures from those armies... I also have some RelicBlade Legends characters on my website that would make for some really fun customs too. Again, unpainted... but AVAILABLE!
Old April 13th, 2023, 03:04 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temple of the West View Post
Hey Guys! Jumping in here... We will be molding (most) all of the plastic Confrontation. And while it will not be pre-painted I will say that they universe is mostly going unpainted due to labor costs. The figures that are still sold pre-painted, like in the D&D sets, have the absolute cheapest most garbage paint job on them that I've ever seen. Yes, they are painted... But I could show you guys how to get a 500% better paint job on these figures in about 20 mins per mini using a minimum of paints. I'll work on some videos of these latest figures to show you how easy it is to achieve a great table top paint job on these. "IF" Hasbro does ever bring back AoA we all know it will still be unpainted, so having some basic skills in the paint department will benefit you in the long run for Scape. The Confrontation guys are already interested in the other figures from the range, so if the Scape guys want to work on profiles they will be available to purchase and match their existing figures from those armies... I also have some RelicBlade Legends characters on my website that would make for some really fun customs too. Again, unpainted... but AVAILABLE!
I'm not so bothered by the unpainted part, but I want to ask if you will ever be printing these in any kind of plastic? I understand that initially this isn't feasible, I'm just asking if it is a goal further down the line? I might justify certain sculpts in metal for my own use, but I honestly hate working with pewter. I can only speak for myself, but I will only be buying a few of these figures if they are only ever going to be metal. But if you can later start releasing in plastic, I would be interested in buying a lot more.

I should bring up, I am one of the hosts of the Utah Monthly Tournaments. We have been going for 6 years, and we're currently in our 7th year. Our group is no stranger to unpainted figures, and we almost always give figures away as prizes, many of which are 3D printed, which are almost always given away in an unpainted state. If you ever start releasing plastic reprints, we would be one of your buyers, if for no other reason, than as prize support for our tournaments.
Old April 13th, 2023, 10:18 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temple of the West View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

fair point.
So do we need to buy them one at a time, or will they all be available together to save on shipping?

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs