Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old July 6th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Re: Grishnakh's Custom Terrain - Sci/Fi Terrain Page 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Scaped View Post
Just wondering, do you plan on making a lava terrain tutorial. I saw a few of your tiles and have to say, some of the best lava tiles I've seen.
Thanks for the compliment! The lava tiles.... I'm still planning on it doing a tutorial about them, eventually. The problem has been simply trying to get the free time to devote to it.
Old July 10th, 2009, 06:42 PM

The Scaped is surprisingly tart

Ah, I see. I just started writing down a list of supplies I'll need for flocking my tiles. If you want, I can post some pics when they're done. Since I'm picking up that stuff, I might as well ask, if you know on the top of your head, what paint color and flock did you use? Thanks ^__^

Want to discuss anime and manga with a friendly community? Come to DDR!
http://dokidokirevolution.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Old July 10th, 2009, 06:51 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Ah, I see. I just started writing down a list of supplies I'll need for flocking my tiles. If you want, I can post some pics when they're done. Since I'm picking up that stuff, I might as well ask, if you know on the top of your head, what paint color and flock did you use? Thanks ^__^
He mentions them in the tutorial.

Green Grass: Delta Ceramcoat - Seminole Green
Tan Dirt/Sand: FolkArt - # 237 Fawn
Gray Rocks: FolkArt - # 425 Medium Gray

Green Grass: Green Blend - Blended Turf T49
Tan Dirt/Sand: Earth Blend T50
Gray Rocks: Ballast - Medium Gray B82
Old July 10th, 2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
Quote:
He mentions them in the tutorial.

Green Grass: Delta Ceramcoat - Seminole Green
Tan Dirt/Sand: FolkArt - # 237 Fawn
Gray Rocks: FolkArt - # 425 Medium Gray

Green Grass: Green Blend - Blended Turf T49
Tan Dirt/Sand: Earth Blend T50
Gray Rocks: Ballast - Medium Gray B82
I meant for the lava, I know he hasn't made a tutorial, but he has some. I just need the flock and paint colors for when the tutorial comes out.

Old July 11th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Paint: Mars Black, Titanium White, Cadmium Red Medium, Cadmium Orange, Cadmium Yellow Medium. Flocking: Black Ballast.

The illusion of lava all depends on how you lay the colors next to each other.

Hope that helps.
Old July 12th, 2009, 08:05 AM

Okay, thanks. Sure uses a lot of paint for that . But, it's worth it ^__^

Old July 23rd, 2009, 08:11 PM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!

After checking this thread out, I found these glittery bead things in our craft closet, and decided to try some flocking of my own.

I was really pleased with how they came out.

I finished the trees also. I have a bunch extra, but ended up running out of clay. These turned out nice and make a great "Winter Forest" scene.

Last edited by aquamaniac27; July 24th, 2009 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Finished my trees! :)
Old July 24th, 2009, 05:30 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquamaniac27 View Post
After checking this thread out, I found these glittery bead things in our craft closet, and decided to try some flocking of my own.

I was really pleased with how they came out.

This one is just the beads hot glued onto one of those fake plant vines that I peeled into smaller branches. Plan on making more of these, and they will be trees frozen in ice.

I like, very impressive idea. +rep

Cheers
Old August 3rd, 2009, 04:16 PM

FOOTBALLDUDE88 is surprisingly tart

Great Idea. I think that I will try this so that my friend and I can tell our terrain apart.
FBD88

VOTE FEN HYDRA IN
UBR 2011!! ALL HAIL
FEN HYDRA,
IMMORTAL FEN
HYDRA
Old August 4th, 2009, 09:17 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Hey Grish, I've lurked this thread for a while now and just wanted to say that if I ever decide to start making my own terrain for this game, your thread is pretty much the only place I'll ever need to consult. Amazing work.
Old August 5th, 2009, 03:20 AM

D-OOSH is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Whoop! This is the best thread on the Forum! Grishnakh your my hero. just finished customizing my tiles! still got to do my swamp ones :[ Gotta go pick up some trees, some card stock, and stuff to do my swamp set.

Old August 5th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-OOSH View Post
Whoop! This is the best thread on the Forum! Grishnakh your my hero. just finished customizing my tiles! still got to do my swamp ones :[ Gotta go pick up some trees, some card stock, and stuff to do my swamp set.
Thanks for the compliment! I'm glad it worked out well for you. Post some photos if you can!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles