Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 7th, 2019, 06:39 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Perspectives From Tournament Directors

I recently asked some tournament directors within the community about their map preferences. Their answers were very enlightening to me as a mapmaker, and formed the foundation for a map article I wrote for the Heroscape Codex.

You can read that article here.

I would also advise you to check out this interview by @BiggaBullfrog with @OrcElfArmyOne , the selector of maps for GenCon, as I think the two articles complement each other nicely.

Because of the nature of the article, I didn't have as much space to include all of their wonderful insights, so I decided to do so in this thread. I would encourage anyone, especially mapmakers, to take a look at their responses to questions about how they pick maps for their events. If you are an event director and would like to add your perspective, please feel free to send me a PM with your responses to the questions! I think it's valuable for mapmakers to know what tournament directors are looking for as they design maps that they hope will see the tournament table!

The Questions:
- What is your process like for choosing maps for your tournament pool?
- What are some characteristics you look for in the maps you select? What are some characteristics you try to avoid?
- What advice would you give to map designers who aim to create tournament worthy maps?
- What is one of your favorite tournament maps to play on and why?

The Responses:

Chris Perkins
Spoiler Alert!

Dad_Scaper
Spoiler Alert!

itsbuzzi
Spoiler Alert!

NecroBlade
Spoiler Alert!

Scytale
Spoiler Alert!

Xotli
Spoiler Alert!

Other director's perspectives will be added as I receive permission to post their responses.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I agree with Flash." ~superfrog

Last edited by Flash_19; October 19th, 2019 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Added NecroBlade's Perspective

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla