Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 28th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Challange: Knight Hero!!!

CHALLANGE!!!

I have a pretty cool knight sculpt that I want to make in to a custom figure. He has armor and a sword (no sheild) I would like to make a 120~150 point card for him, but don't have any "UNIQUE"ideas.

Thus I'm throwing this out there to see who has the best idea. I want him to be able to go toe to toe with Spartucus and would perfer to call him Arthur Penndragon.

One more thing, I know making him a champion to bond with knights makes sense, but I would like to see what all the creative people here can do other than rehash existing ideas.

I Thank Thee.
Wriggs

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old July 28th, 2009, 05:55 PM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Challange: Knight Hero!!!

What about making him a Paladin instead of a Knight?

Human
Unique Hero
Paladin
Valiant
Medium 5

5/6 Life

5 Move
1 Range
4/5 Attack
4 Defense

~
  • CLOSE WOUNDS 15 (same as Sonlen's Dragon Heal)
  • SMITE SPECIAL ATTACK
    Range 5. Attack 1 + Special.
    Add 1 to UNIT's attack dice for every Valiant figure you control within 3 clear sight spaces of UNIT, up to +3 dice.
  • VALIANT MELEE ENHANCEMENT
    All friendly figures with a Valiant personality adjacent to UNIT
    receive an additional attack die when attacking a figure adjacent to them and receive an additional defense die when
    defending against an attack by an adjacent figure.

Last edited by rouby44; July 28th, 2009 at 06:02 PM.
Old August 11th, 2009, 11:51 PM

cba456 Woo who?

I'm assuming he is on horse back, but if he isn't I remake the cards.

and for his friends (I know they should have names, but it would take FOREVER to do that and it's time for dinner)

Old August 12th, 2009, 03:53 AM

kriegskeks is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouby44 View Post
What about making him a Paladin instead of a Knight?
Paladin sounds nice. Maybe add an enhanced attack against Undeads to his abilities.
Old August 12th, 2009, 06:39 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Arthur Penndragon
Human
Unique Hero
King
Valiant
Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 4
Cost 150

INSPIRATIONAL LEADER
After taking a turn with Arthur Penndragon. Reveal your "X" Order Marker. Any Knight you control within 2 clear sight spaces of Arthur Penndragon may attack one additional time during their turn this round.

EXCALIBUR
When attacking with Arthur Penndragon, each skull rolled counts for 1 additional hit.
Old August 12th, 2009, 12:57 PM

cba456 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
EXCALIBUR
When attacking with Arthur Penndragon, each skull rolled counts for 1 additional hit.
Wasn't Excalibur more of a defensive weapon?
From Wikipedia
" Excalibur's scabbard was said to have powers of its own. Injuries from losses of blood, for example, would not kill the bearer. In some tellings, wounds received by one wearing the scabbard did not bleed at all."
Other than that great card.

Old August 12th, 2009, 05:29 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Arthur Penndragon
Human
Unique Hero
King

Valiant
Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4
Cost 150

A CHAMPION AMONG MEN...
In terms of bonding this card may act as a Human Champion.

SAVE THE KING...
If any knight is within 2 clear spaces of the King when the king recieves one or more wounds that knight may sacrfice himself so the King will take one less wound from the attack.

RALLY THE MEN...
Any adjacent knight to the King recieves one extra attack and defense die.

VALIANT LAST STAND...
If all friendly knights that were played this game are destroyed this card recieves one additional move, defense and attack die.

Thats my version. I want him to be able to bond to the KOW just because that would be thematic and makes sense. The other powers I tried to make so that they fit the theme of a heroic middle aged valiant king.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old August 12th, 2009, 05:46 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cba456 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
EXCALIBUR
Wasn't Excalibur more of a defensive weapon?
From Wikipedia
" Excalibur's scabbard was said to have powers of its own. Injuries from losses of blood, for example, would not kill the bearer. In some tellings, wounds received by one wearing the scabbard did not bleed at all."
Other than that great card.
You are probably right, I really don't know anything about the legend of the sword other than it was supposed to be what rallied the nation behind Arthur. Damn. Oh well maybe next time.

Cheers
Old August 12th, 2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
VALIANT LAST STAND...
If all friendly knights that were played this game are destroyed this card recieves one additional move, defense and attack die.
Love it.
Old August 13th, 2009, 09:04 AM

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I'm impressed.

VALIANT LAST STAND...

This is a cool power and would make for a very intense end game, especilly agaist the likes of Cyprien.

INSPIRATIONAL LEADER
After taking a turn with Arthur Penndragon. Reveal your "X" Order Marker. Any Knight you control within 2 clear sight spaces of Arthur Penndragon may attack one additional time during their turn this round.

I'm liking this rather than knights bonding since you can get the templars in on the action too.

Great ideas. - It's a fact.

Old August 13th, 2009, 11:11 AM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post

INSPIRATIONAL LEADER

I'm liking this rather than knights bonding since you can get the templars in on the action too.
I like the idea behind this power, I am just not sure about its practical use. Currently there are two Knight class squads. The Templar Cavalry and the Knights of Weston.
The way the card reads right now (or at least how I am reading it). I would need to put OM #1 on Arther, then I can put OM#2 on the KOW and OM #3 on the Templar. So then for the round I take my turn with Arthur, then reveal my X OM. On my next turn with the KOW they will get their full turn (bonding and all). I can easily have a squad worth of KOW within two spaces of arthur that will now get two attacks instead of just one. Then on my third OM I can do it all over again with the templar.
I know it would be a little bit of management to arrange that, but haveing a round where the KOW and Templar can have double attacks is pretty darn devestating IMO. With the current wording I think I would be able do it twice with the same squad.

Realistically I think you would be able only to do it with one squad most rounds, but that still would be very powerful IMO.

Perhaps a rewording of the power...
INSPIRED LEADERSHIP...
After revealing an Order Marker on Arthur you may move and attack with any three knight class figures that started within two clear sight spaces of Arthur.

The wording can be tweaked if you want to activate the knights before or after Arthurs move/attack or how far away they need to be from him, or even how many knights get activated. The way I have it above, the knights will activate first, then Arthur comes in after them. This still gives a quasi-bonding power that can be used with Templar or KOW.

Of course is all just theory, take it and use it as you see fit.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old August 13th, 2009, 02:37 PM

INSPIRED LEADERSHIP...
After revealing an Order Marker on Arthur you may move and attack with any three knight class figures that started within two clear sight spaces of Arthur.

I like the way this reads, and it fits thematically. I Will Have Arthur and he will rule.

However Sir Dupis throws a wrench into the whole thing. I'm thinking:

INSPIRED LEADERSHIP...
After revealing an Order Marker on King Arthur, you may move and attack with any three common knight class figures, or one Human Knight or Champion figure you control. Any figures that are taking a turn before Arthur must be within 3 clear sight spaces of Arthur prior to its movement.

This keeps the figures together, as you would with a king and balances out the heroes without having crazy bonding action!

Last edited by wriggz; August 13th, 2009 at 02:54 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards