Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old July 24th, 2010, 05:41 PM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!
Rouby's Maps - lots of split start zones and bilateral sym.

Hello all,
I put a lot of thought into the design of my maps, with the game-play they tend to generate being my number one priority. At first glance, some of these maps might not look like anything special, but I hope you'll take a second look and imagine how they might play out. Your comments and constructive criticism is always welcome. Thanks and enjoy!

Last edited by rouby44; January 16th, 2015 at 05:29 PM.
Old July 24th, 2010, 05:42 PM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Rouby's Competitive Maps

Reserved for future organization
Old July 24th, 2010, 05:43 PM

Reserved
Old July 24th, 2010, 05:47 PM

Riverbound Garrison (BoV Requirements Version)

Download

Requires 1 RotV, 1 FotA
2 Players
400-600 points
Old July 24th, 2010, 05:49 PM

Riverbound Garrison (Original version)

Download

Requires 1 RotV, 1 SotM, 1 TJ, 1 FotA
2 Players
400-600 points
Old July 24th, 2010, 05:52 PM

Obsolete map

Last edited by rouby44; January 19th, 2015 at 12:29 PM.
Old July 24th, 2010, 07:31 PM

Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker

You've got some nice maps!!!
Old July 24th, 2010, 09:43 PM

This is a re-post of a one-of-a-kind map I made a long time ago, but I wanted to reference it in my main map thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouby44 View Post
PDF Download (Tundra version)

PDF Download (Non-tundra version)

This map combines two innovative map features and boasts a game-play experience like no other.

The first of these features is the brainchild of White Noise, which he calls "A Practical Approach to Large Caves and Tunnels." The gist of his idea is that, in order to make a cavern area accessible, one can simply model that part of the map separately and let figures traverse between the two maps - Spaces on the separate cavern section are built to coincide with spaces on the main map, allowing one to act as if they are parts of the same landscape.

The second feature is my own idea, which involves the Heat-of-Battle scenario. In the standard form of this scenario, there are no designated start zones. To begin the game, players take turns placing one army card's worth of figures on the board until all figures are placed. Obviously, the metagame changes drastically in this scenario - melee figures skyrocket in playability and range suffers heavily.

My idea involves creating a hybrid of sorts by combining conventional start zones with a designated heat-of-battle zone. Players would have the option of placing their figures in their own start zone or in the neutral heat-of-battle zone. They would alternate placing one army card's worth of figures just like they would in the standard Heat-of-Battle scenario, except that not all sections of the map would be available for figure placement.

Combining these two features, I have produced this map titled "Cold Mountain." There is an alternate version that doesn't require the tundra set for those who don't own it. The tundra version (which I recommend for aesthetics and the slippery ice rule) requires 3 RotV, 2 RttFF, 1 FotA, and 1 TT. The non-tundra version requires the same sets minus Thaelek Tundra.

Non-tundra version

Old July 24th, 2010, 10:07 PM

Endless Reinforcements

Download

Requires 2 RotV, 2 FotA, 1 RttFF
2 Players

Modified Capture-the-Flag Scenario: Endless Reinforcements

Each player has two separate starting spaces; Player 1 controls the orange and red starting spaces while Player 2 controls the blue and cyan starting spaces.

Each player drafts 400 points worth of units that must begin on the orange or cyan start spaces. Each player also drafts 500 points worth of units that must begin on the red and blue start spaces.

At the end of every other round, every figure that started on the red or blue start zone spaces is revived and placed back onto any free space in the start zone (think of this as reinforcements that are continually arriving). This means that each player can continuously attack the enemy fortress despite facing difficult terrain disadvantages.

The reason that they are revived every other round instead of instantaneously is so that there is at least a temporary penalty when one's figures are destroyed. This also makes for a more realistic draft situation such that drafting multiple common squads is still desirable.

Order markers must be split between sending troops to attack the enemy fortress and defending one's own fortress. In essence, it is a game of who can lay siege the fastest while simultaneously surviving the longest. The only other special rule is that the units beginning on the red and blue spaces may not ever enter the confines of their own fortress. They may help defend on the ground but may not actually go inside of the fortress. Water spaces and a wall make it more difficult for ground troops to quickly get into defensive positions near their own fortress.

The map features a road system that allows the ground forces to more quickly reach and attack the enemy fortress, but this path is vulnerable to ranged attacks and possibly interference from the enemy ground forces. There is a slower but safer path on the outside of the map, which is protected by trees and ruins.

Glyphs of Rannveig and Gerda are placed in heavily contested areas - will the fortress defenders risk capturing these and defending the open ground against the onslaught of the army with reinforcements or will they retreat into the confines of the fortress and attempt to destroy any enemies who would hold the glyphs?

P.S.
Feel free to make the fortress door weaker than it is officially. For instance, I play this scenario such that the door has 10 life and 3 defense with no special powers.
Old July 25th, 2010, 01:30 AM

Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death!

Download

Requires 2 RotV, 2 BftU, 1 FotA, 1 VW
2 Players
500-600 points

Last edited by rouby44; July 25th, 2010 at 01:38 AM.
Old July 25th, 2010, 01:40 AM

Burning Oasis

Download

Requires 1 RotV, 1 SotM, 1 TJ, 1 VW, 1 Marvel Master Set
2 Players
500-600 points
Brandar glyphs are intended to be face-up Treasure glyphs.

Last edited by rouby44; January 2nd, 2011 at 01:18 AM.
Old July 25th, 2010, 10:14 AM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

Good job! I really like the valley of shadow and death, but I don't have a VW to build it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios