Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old November 22nd, 2013, 10:09 AM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Akden, how is it you have all these super-cool toys and the only thing we played after the last tournament was the $10 copy of Love Letter I'd just bought?
You didn't see the big duffel bag beside us that had a stack of games in it?

I actually brought about five games with me that night and bought a copy of Dead Panic at the store after the tournament, but with the delay for dinner and the rest, it didn't seem like we'd have time for a two-hour game, much to my disappointment.

I did like Love Letter, though.
Old November 22nd, 2013, 10:36 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
Quote:
Akden, how is it you have all these super-cool toys and the only thing we played after the last tournament was the $10 copy of Love Letter I'd just bought?

I actually brought about five games with me that night and bought a copy of Dead Panic at the store after the tournament, but with the delay for dinner and the rest, it didn't seem like we'd have time for a two-hour game, much to my disappointment.

Love Letter looked pretty fun, but I couldn't pass up a chance to play Pathfinder ACG.

I too could not justify the Mine Cart, although I am still on the fence. We should get different add-ons and pass them around. PM with what you are thinking about adding to Shadows. Wild West Exodus is shipping now and Shadows has some figures I could add to it.
Old November 22nd, 2013, 10:44 AM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Love Letter looked pretty fun, but I couldn't pass up a chance to play Pathfinder ACG.

I too could not justify the Mine Cart, although I am still on the fence. We should get different add-ons and pass them around. PM with what you are thinking about adding to Shadows. Wild West Exodus is shipping now and Shadows has some figures I could add to it.
Yeah, I was kicking myself for walking away to get dinner and missing the opportunity to play PACG with a group... but Love Letter is a nice, fun diversion.

I'l let you know about the add-ons. You can never have too much eldritch cowboy stuff.
Old November 22nd, 2013, 12:38 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Excuses, excuses.

My crew was not going to let us switch to anything else, as you may recall. I was particularly happy it was a game that worked for Hivelord #4, who sometimes struggles to find a, um, comfort zone with a game. Also my 10 year old daughter beat me soundly, winning 5 out of 6, when I taught the game to her. So thanks for showing me how to play; your next assignment is showing me how to win.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 26th, 2013, 12:23 AM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that the HeroQuest 25th Anniversary edition kickstarter started today. I have to decide if I want to spend the money to wait for a year for the game.
Old November 28th, 2013, 02:05 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targanth View Post
I'm surprised no one has mentioned that the HeroQuest 25th Anniversary edition kickstarter started today. I have to decide if I want to spend the money to wait for a year for the game.
If GameZone can make this edition live up to the original, then I'd say, "Yes!"

My Saturday night group has taken the plunge, and I'm certain it'll be well worth it. Look at all the stretch rewards, then consider that in its first few days, the game has raised half-a-million dollars; the original goal was only $58,000!

I've still got my old copy of the original HeroQuest (plus some extra minis from a friend's copy); it's one of the best cooperative games ever made, and we're now in a new age of cooperative board gaming. I really doubt that anyone who invests in this will regret it!

EDIT: And just like that, the project is in limbo due to a an intellectual property dispute! (Grumble, grumble...)

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!

Last edited by nate the dawg; November 28th, 2013 at 09:27 PM.
Old January 10th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just backed my first Kickstarter for Tiny Epic Kingdoms!
Old January 10th, 2014, 12:48 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Rivet Wars and Hull Breach finally arrived. YAY!

-insert signature here-
Old February 2nd, 2014, 04:46 PM

nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
I'm backing this too: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-epic-kingdoms . It's my 2nd KS.

Seems like a really fun game, that can play pretty quickly (which has suddenly become so important with our little one running around--can't wait until he's old enough to 'Scape though).

A lot of stretch goals have been unlocked which basically means it is packed out with factions, so I think that's pretty great too. About 5 days left and I think well worth checking out!

I need you to be awesome. Can you be awesome?

Thanks to AmishBurrito for a promo code and Gulp for sending wound markers!
Old February 7th, 2014, 07:58 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyphot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
I'm backing this too: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-epic-kingdoms . It's my 2nd KS.

Seems like a really fun game, that can play pretty quickly (which has suddenly become so important with our little one running around--can't wait until he's old enough to 'Scape though).

A lot of stretch goals have been unlocked which basically means it is packed out with factions, so I think that's pretty great too. About 5 days left and I think well worth checking out!
Checked it out played the PnP version & backed it. Cool little game. Only disappointing thing is that I will have to wait now until it's actually published to play the cool pictured game .
Old February 16th, 2014, 12:08 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I've finally fallen into the tarpit and begun Kickstarting things. So far I'm keeping it confined to the type of game we actually play, so I backed Draco Magi, with a solid design team and a thematic, artistic, fast-playing two player tactical card game. Right up our alley, and the stretch goal additional cards are gorgeous.

I actually know some guys who worked with one of the guys behind Rivet Wars, so I'm pulling for it, but it wouldn't have worked in our house. Too big, and too unpainted.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 16th, 2014, 12:34 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I've finally fallen into the tarpit and begun Kickstarting things. So far I'm keeping it confined to the type of game we actually play, so I backed Draco Magi, with a solid design team and a thematic, artistic, fast-playing two player tactical card game. Right up our alley, and the stretch goal additional cards are gorgeous.

I actually know some guys who worked with one of the guys behind Rivet Wars, so I'm pulling for it, but it wouldn't have worked in our house. Too big, and too unpainted.
This got added to Reaper Bones as only my second kickstarted project. Too much value to pass up.

~Aldin, looking for great stuff to play with his teens

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games